Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guest event_horizon

i may kindly ask, can someone point me to a good reading material on taxation particularly on businesses in the philippines?

also, would it better to hire a lawyer for the business instead of trying to do it on mw own? of course, the basis of the question is that the business will be big enough to merit one in the first place. the point now is really whether it would be needed in the philippine setting as just like an accountant is.....

any advice would be very much appreciated.

i may kindly ask, can someone point me to a good reading material on taxation particularly on businesses in the philippines?

also, would it better to hire a lawyer for the business instead of trying to do it on mw own? of course, the basis of the question is that the business will be big enough to merit one in the first place. the point now is really whether it would be needed in the philippine setting as just like an accountant is.....

its generally is the peace of mind that's what you're getting when you entrust your business to some tax experts. somehow you get the feeling that they have studied and experienced enough to do things right.

as for your business tax concerns and if money is an issue, accountants can ably do the simple comp*tations for you. they'll probably charge less than a lawyer (and obviously less than a cpa-lawyer :D ). when it comes to special areas of tax practice though, like being prosecuted for evasion or calculating moves to legally avoid having to pay a tax or take advantage of a tax holiday, getting the services of a tax lawyer might be wise.

you have a good day.

Guest event_horizon
calculating moves to legally avoid having to pay a tax or take advantage of a tax holiday, getting the services of a tax lawyer might be wise.

you have a good day.

this is what i was trying to investigate... thanks for the insight! I really appreciate it.

Good reading materials for tax at this point in time is a little difficult to prescribe given that the tax laws are being considered for amendment and the amendment would appear to be substantial and very material. Be that as it may, the type of reading material would be based on the user. If you are not well versed with the tax law, then a college textbook would be easier to understand (i.e. De Leon, Nolledo). But choose the one that is used by CPA reviewees/reviewer and not the regular textbooks.

On the matter of a lawyer for the business, it depends on you and your budget for a lawyer. I am also a CPA Lawyer working for what is almost my business (as some people would say), and often the legal work falls on my lap, even if it is not my job. To save on costs, I sometimes do it, but if I feel I can't (either because I am not competent enough for it or I just don't have the time for it) then I field it out to another lawyer for them to do and I just supervise.

As to, Do you need it as much as you need an accountant? In the Philippines, we are not too court centered that a lawyer is essential to the business yet. Unless your business is expected to generate lawsuits and legal questions left and right, it is not suggested you hire one.

Hope this assists.

this topic has probably been discussed here before but it's a bit hard searching through 1555 posts here.

anyway, i was wondering what the laws are on the regularization of employees after the standard probationary period. can somebody clarify the points to me or point me to any online materials?

thanks.

I have an old laptop, a P III 800 with a 98mb RAM and a 6 Gb hdd. I noticed that it has a bit slow down so I decided to format the hd, i failed to format it whatever OS I used. It runs originally on win me. Got a brand new toy right now an acer ferrari 3200 but I was thinking if I can still be able to salvaged this laptop. Are the new hdd available at pcexpress compatible with hdd of Mitac laptops.

I noticed that it has a bit slow down so I decided to format the hd, i failed to format it whatever OS I used. It runs originally on win me

so what OS did you put in there? win2K or a newer version of windows will crawl on your notebook with just 98Mb of ram. changing the hdd will speed it up but it would be better if you add more ram. oh and i dont know about the compatibility of the newer hdd.

I have an old laptop, a P III 800 with a 98mb RAM and a 6 Gb hdd. I noticed that it has a bit slow down so I decided to format the hd, i failed to format it whatever OS  I used. It runs originally on win me. Got a brand new toy right now an acer ferrari 3200 but I was thinking if I can still be able to salvaged this laptop. Are the new hdd available at pcexpress compatible with hdd of  Mitac laptops.

First of all, Congrat's for your new labtop :cool: ,

Second thing, to clearify PCI Express is used as far as i know for VGA adapters, but anyways for your old Labtop i give you the choice of installing either WIN ME or WIN 98, WIN98 is good for drivers, most stable than WIN ME, but forget about the support from Microsoft, because Microsoft, stoped supporting WIn98 from last year... So consider WIN ME, its cool and small, win98 will take about 70-80 MB of your HD it needs 32 Ram, i dont know what your problem in you old Labtop just leave WIN ME, and you can do other things to speed up your labtop trust me, just let me know if you require moredetails...

Ask Anything , Anytime.

;)

Thanx for your reply NoX and TOA. When I bought it couple of years ago, it was pre-loaded with Win ME. I dont know what happened, bec I usually leave that laptop on our medical call room and it was being used by just anybody who goes there. I think a virus did it. It slowed down and eventually just hang. I did a cd boot and tried repairing the HD with scandisk but to no avail. I remember a fatal error appeared on the screen. I then tried to format the hd and an I/O error was displayed. I particularly liked that notebook a lot since its smaller than what I have now and I can carry it around without worrying that it might get stolen.

NoX,

"anyway, i was wondering what the laws are on the regularization of employees after the standard probationary period. can somebody clarify the points to me or point me to any online materials?"

If an employee is required to work by the employer after his/her last day of pro-b then he/she is considered a regular employee.

Generally, Article 281 of PD442 or otherwise known as the Labor Code of the Philippines applies in probationary employment. Article 281 does not apply to private school teachers and government employees.

Article 281 of PD442(as amended) provides:

ARTICLE 281. Probationary employment. — Probationary employment shall not exceed six months from the date the employee started working, unless it is covered by an apprenticeship agreement stipulating a longer period. The services of an employee who has been engaged on a probationary basis may be terminated for a just cause or when he fails to qualify as a regular employee in accordance with reasonable standards made known by the employer to the employee at the time of his engagement. An employee who is allowed to work after a probationary period shall be considered a regular employee.

Also check out Section 6, Book VI of the Implementing Rules of PD442.

You can view PD442 and its Implementing Rules at www. chanrobles.com or www.lawphil.net

Could you elaborate further what matters you want clarified?

Please help me out. my pc is a p-4 1.8 ghz with 256 ddr. I recently changed my os from win me to win xp pro. whenever i play games, it hangs. when use other programs, it takes a long time to open and when it does there is a mesage " the systems just recovered from a serious error" asking me to send to microsoft.

is there anyway to trouble shoot the problem? or do i need to clean install all over again?

thanks!!

tantantinan... did you perform a clean install or just an upgrade??

it will be better if you do a clean install... and then download the latest

patches from microsoft... these patches resolves most of the bugs and

vulnerabilities (tama ba spelling ? :D) found on the initial release of XP....

oh yeah... don't forget to load all the drivers (i.e. mobo, soundcard, video,

etc.) after the clean install.... if possible download the latest driver of your

hardwares from the manufacturer's website...

ano diffrence ng windows server 2003 OEM, sa OPL?

ang pagkakaalam ko 1-1 basis pag oem, while OPL..... madaming achu-chu

WIndows 2003 OEM:

Designed for building and hosting Web applications, Web pages, and XML Web services, Windows 2003, Web Edition, delivers a single-purpose solution for Internet service providers, application developers, and others who use or deploy specific Web functionality. Windows 2003, Web Edition, takes advantage of improvements in Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, Microsoft ASP.NET, and the Microsoft® .NET Framework.

OPL:

http://www.wilton.f9.co.uk/psion/review.htm#OPL%20Editor

;)

i have a married friend whose hubby is foolin' arnd w/ this other gurl.Ung gurl mejo habol ng habol s hubby ng friend ko. What charges cn my friend file against the gurl(if there's any)?

The problem your friend is facing is that anything serious you can file against the firl will actually back fire on her husband as well. For example, you file a concubinage case against the girl, but it takes two to tango because you cannot commit concubinage without the husband. :blush:

Unless the girl commits something else other than flirting with the husband, there isn't anything other than malicious mischief that can be filed.

tho i havent downloaded sp 2 yet....

Well then download and install it asap...

how come i cant get to edit my registry? tho i havent relly disabled registry editing...has software download got anything to do with it?

Be sure that the account you are currently using is an "Administrator Account" .

While downloading software may not disable the "RegEdit" feature, The trojans or other crapware that comes with the software may disable some of the features of your computer. Try sweeping your pc with some anti trojan/spware tools.

And i don't see any reason for you to edit the registry unless you are going to tweak your pc.

how to i go about disabling this admin thing about reigistry editing?

thanks!

As i have just mentioned above, If your computer is not allowing you to edit the registry then there is a huge possibility that you are not on an administrator's account.

You might want to double check it first...

Click Start -Control Panel - User Accounts

The problem your friend is facing is that anything serious you can file against the firl will actually back fire on her husband as well.  For example, you file a concubinage case against the girl, but it takes two to tango because you cannot commit concubinage without the husband.  :blush:

Unless the girl commits something else other than flirting with the husband, there isn't anything other than malicious mischief that can be filed.

k. in behalf of my frend, tnx 4 d info!

The problem your friend is facing is that anything serious you can file against the firl will actually back fire on her husband as well.  For example, you file a concubinage case against the girl, but it takes two to tango because you cannot commit concubinage without the husband.  :blush:

Correct me if i am wrong the last time i read the RPC Malicious Mischief is defined as the willful damaging of another's PROPERTY for the sake of causing damage due to HATE, REVENGE or other EVIL MOTIVE.

Filing a concubinage case against the her and the husband is also a longshot dont u think? Concubinage is one of the hardest crime to prove.

I suggest that your friend do some investigation..gather EVIDENCE... If she finds out that the other woman is a government employee or officer, i think there are govt ethical and moral codes that were violated. If she is employed by a private corporation, it really depends if her employer has rules and regs on employee's personal conduct. Big companies (like banks) have strict policies on extra-marital affairs especially concerning its officers..nakakasira kasi ng image yon.

Most importantly, if your friend finds out that "other woman" is married, then determine if she had "sexual congress" (sexual intercourse) with the husband. Hire a private investigator. There is this urban legend regarding a wife who was able to follow her husband and his girl to a motel and was able to get evidence of the tryst...a used condom from the room where the two checked in...(repeat urban legend). If your friend is able to establish that her husband and the married girl are doin the bling-bling...she can forward the evidence to the injured husband (husband of the married girl) so that he can file a case of adultery against the philandering wife.

now, if you have proper info and knowledge....YOU'RE IN COMMAND, GIRL.