weird but now that im here in the US i actually like ube ice cream.. and even if its kinda pricey here (compared to US icecream)...thats what i have been buying lately....

yum! :P

starch and dairy has been a good combination ever since. the smoothness od dairy products enhance the texture of starches. that's why there pancakes and butter, halo halo, mais con heilo ( did i spell that correctly?

). flavorwise, the ube taste is not too overpowering that you can easily discern the separate tastes and the blended taste.

starch and dairy has been a good combination ever since.  the smoothness od dairy products enhance the texture of starches.  that's why there pancakes and butter, halo halo, mais con heilo ( did i spell that correctly?

).  flavorwise, the ube taste is not too overpowering that you can easily discern the separate tastes and the blended taste.

agree w/ this.

thing is, now that i got hooked on the ube ice cream, im craving cheese ice cream to go along w/ it...

perfect combi of sweetish and saltyish...

sadly i havent seen cheese ice cream in our oriental markets here yet...

oh and we dont have arce dairy (which i think is probly the best pinoy ice cream brand). we only have selecta or magnolia...

Ube and macapuno for me. Yes indeed, theres something about flavours at home when youre not in the Philippines. What I actually crave is the scent and texture; the ube yam itself does not have a distinctive taste (well, not a definite flavour as, say, camote).

Ube and macapuno for me.  Yes indeed, theres something about flavours at home when youre not in the Philippines. What I actually crave is the scent and texture; the ube yam itself does not have a distinctive taste (well, not a definite flavour as, say, camote).

yeah i gues ur ryt its the not being in the philippines par that makes a difference.

the yam actually tastes like gabi or camote diba? but ... its just when you make it into ice cream, and smell it and see the purple color... la lng. evocative of home.

even the boba drink made of taro or purple yam has become attractive to me now...

:)

Edited by Wyld
chocolate marble... no nuts, no cookies, no mallows...

just chocolate and vanilla...the yin and yang of ice cream blended perfectly together...

simple yet complex... =)

yeah i agree.

the selecta chocolate marble rocks.

i dont really like nuts and mallows in my icecream ...

argh i miss pinoy ice cream.