The Best Buffets - Taste + Value For Money

• 5 weeks later...
Sobrang nag-deteriorate na ang buffet ng Dad's/Kamayan/Saisaki.  Pangit na yung quality and freshness ng food.  Mura nga, but you get what you pay for naman (pathetic food).

Sa totoo lang, mas-sulit mag-buffet sa mga hotels (lalo na pag-member kayo), kasi mas-ok talaga ang quality ng food, pati na rin ang taste.  Not to mention na masamarami pa choices, and mas-ok ang service.

i 2nd the motion... mga 10-15 years ago ok na ok ang food sa triple V group of restaurants, ngyn sobrang knti nlng ang mga dishes na masarap

sa mga hotels naman masarap pero mjo mahal kya palaging humihiram muna ako ng membership cards sa friends ko bago kumain dun hehe :cool:

tried heat in edsa shang last week. food variety galore but quality i average. they have 5 stations: appetizer, chinese, international, filipino and dessert. they have many variations of sweets. they have choco fountain and ice cream station where you can choose the ice cream flavor and condiments you want to mix in. too bad they use magnolia ice cream as compared to hyatt's in-house ice cream made from real vanilla pods and fresh fruits. dishes to look out for there are the shrimp hakaw, lamb and pistachio cake.

am not much of a buffet person for 2 reasons: (1) i don't eat much and (2) i don't like standing up to get my food when eating out.

but, i have to say that the buffet at circles and paseo uno are too hard to pass up, so i just take a piece of each of the dishes and in the end busog pa rin ako.

am not much of a buffet person for 2  reasons: (1)  i don't eat much and (2) i don't like standing up to get my food when eating out.

but, i have to say that the buffet at circles and paseo uno are too hard to pass up, so i just take a piece of each of the dishes and in the end busog pa rin ako.

that's precisely the best thing oto do, go for variety and quality and not for quantity or getting your money's worth.

a true diner indeed. :thumbsupsmiley:

tama si masi! yan ang tamang paraan sa buffet.

pinakainiinis ko ang mga ibang tao sa buffet- lalo na sa mga hotels (paseo uno, heat, circles, hyatt, crowne...) na para bang ngayon lang pinakita ng pagkain pagkatapos ng isang linggong fasting. huling beses ako kumain sa heat, mga nakasuot ng alahas na matrona sinsingitan ako sa pila, may isang nakaposturang mama, sinusundan bawat galaw ng grill chef para sa tenderloin, mga iba naka-box out sa ice cream bar. isang mga 30ish na tisay na babae medyo maganda sunggab agad ng salmon sashimi- lahat, mga 25 slices nilagay sa plato.

napakawalang gana minsan kumain sa mga high end establishments kung mga kasabay mo eh obvious naman mayaman pero parang hindi naman tinuruan ng manners at ettiquette. kung sa bagay, sakit talaga ng maraming pinoy yan kahit saan mo ilagay sa mundo. tingnan mo na lang mga buffet lines sa las vegas, makikita mo sa plato pa lang alin ang pinoy.

I agree, variety nga ...

A little bit of Monica in my life .... A little bit of Erica by my side

Even ung eating method is done in a fashinable manner (so that u take lesser air along with)

... rest a while .. chat ... then go back if you feel like doing so again ...

I cant help but laugh reading your INIS ....

Ang sabi nga "If you can't beat them, Join them" :boo: :boo:

1. Matrona nakasuot ng alahas sinsingitan ako sa pila

2. Nakaposturang mama, sinusundan bawat galaw ng grill chef para sa tenderloin

3. tisay 30ish medyo maganda sunggab agad ng salmon sashimi- lahat, mga 25 slices nilagay sa plato

mga 25 slices nilagay sa plato.

4. others naka-box out sa ice cream bar

Perhaps they want to get their money's worth.

Sometimes this 'masa" mentality is something inherent in Pinoys .... minsan nakakahawa pa

tama si masi! yan ang tamang paraan sa buffet.

pinakainiinis ko ang mga ibang tao sa buffet- lalo na sa mga hotels (paseo uno, heat, circles, hyatt, crowne...) na para bang ngayon lang pinakita ng pagkain pagkatapos ng isang linggong fasting.  huling beses ako kumain sa heat, mga nakasuot ng alahas na matrona sinsingitan ako sa pila, may isang nakaposturang mama, sinusundan bawat galaw ng grill chef para sa tenderloin, mga iba naka-box out sa ice cream bar.  isang mga 30ish na tisay na babae medyo maganda sunggab agad ng salmon sashimi- lahat, mga 25 slices nilagay sa plato. 

napakawalang gana minsan kumain sa mga high end establishments kung mga kasabay mo eh obvious naman mayaman pero parang hindi naman tinuruan ng manners at ettiquette.  kung sa bagay, sakit talaga ng maraming pinoy yan kahit saan mo ilagay sa mundo. tingnan mo na lang mga buffet lines sa las vegas, makikita mo sa plato pa lang alin ang pinoy.

I cant help but laugh reading your INIS  ....

Ang sabi nga "If you can't beat them, Join them"  :boo:  :boo:

3. tisay 30ish medyo maganda sunggab agad ng salmon sashimi- lahat, mga 25 slices nilagay sa plato

mga 25 slices nilagay sa plato.

Perhaps they want to get their money's worth.

Sometimes this 'masa" mentality is something inherent in Pinoys .... minsan nakakahawa pa

How very picturesquely described! Natawa din ako!! Was what she got all for herself or to be shared with the others in her table? (Well, what do we care anyway?)

Guys, it is proper etiquette to do this in buffets, like get one heaping plate full of sashimi or lechon or even rice for that matter ( :blink: ) to be shared by all in your table? Well, be it proper or not, the mere fact that it's not a pretty sight to see, common sense dictates hindi talaga ito proper!

To top this faux pas, another common occurrence is hindi naman nila maubos yung kinuha nila! Kasi hindi na sila makahinga sa kabusugan!

I recall many, many years ago (in the 1990's pa yata) there was an eat-all-you-can promo at Pizza Hut. Would you believe some patrons just ate the cheese and whatever was the pizza topping?!

Mabubusog kasi agad kung kakainin pa yung crust! :sick:

According to my pizza-hut manager friend

The highest number of slices one ate was @ 42 slices ....

He left the edges only ,,

I recall many, many years ago (in the 1990's pa yata) there was an eat-all-you-can promo at Pizza Hut.  Would you believe some patrons just ate the cheese and whatever was the pizza topping?!  

Mabubusog kasi agad kung kakainin pa yung crust!   :sick:

Edited by lomex32
Guest buru_tus
According to my pizza-hut manager friend

The highest number of slices one ate was @ 42 slices ....

He left the edges only ,,

I remember this one

It was during my first two years in college

75pesos promo of Pizza Hut, All You Can Eat and Drink

AYCED for short

the most number number of slices I ate was 8

equivalent to one Super Supreme Size Pizza

bro, sa Jeddah nde mo na try yan?

Yep sa may Corniche, malapit din sa place mo

SR 25, eat all you can pizza hut... salad bar pa

If salad only SR 15 .. <-- Indian vegetarian colleagues

my record is 7 slices

I remember this one

It was during my first two years in college

75pesos promo of Pizza Hut, All You Can Eat and Drink

AYCED for short

the most number number of slices I ate was 8

equivalent to one Super Supreme Size Pizza

bro, sa Jeddah nde mo na try yan?

For those of you who watch what you eat...Here's the final word

on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after

all those conflicting medical studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart

attacks than the British or Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart

3. The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart

4. The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also

suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and

fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or

Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is

apparently what kills you.