What's The Last Book You've Read?

Finished reading Eldest (2nd book of the Inheritance Trilogy). I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out. I'm reading Dante's Inferno now. We actually read this book in high school it's different when you read it when you're older. You see things in a different perspective already. Or am I just getting older? :D

i just read.. The Fountainhead

The story of an architect who went against the odds. Who had beaten the altruism ideology.

I admire this character, an egotist but very kind. A person of high integrity. Read this guys,

it's a conflict between altruism against egotism, of collectivism against individualism, of collaboration

against co-operation. A really good novel.

ano marerecommend nyo na basahin?...

I'd recommend The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. It has 3 chronicles. The first and second Chronicles have 3 books each. The third chronicle has book one yet. This is a very good series. medyo heavy lang at saka anti-hero pero maganda. If you're gonna read this, you're lucky kasi nag-release ulit ang publishers ng copies nung mga unang books. Hindi pa ata ako tao nung lumabas yung book one ng first chronicle. Hirap na hirap ako mag-scavenge hunt ng books ni donaldson sa Book Sale when i was in college. Pag may nakita akong copy kahit meron na ako ng book na yun, binibili ko pa din, hardbound or paperback. Try mo yun. :D :cool: :thumbsupsmiley:

Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins. It's hardly Ian Fleming or Robert Ludlum, despite the supposedly critical acclaim on the cover. The style's a bit too pulpy, and there was some mention of girlfriends which made it read like a TH version of Ludlum's The Bourne Identity, but I do believe truth can be stranger than fiction, and you'll realize there's probably more truth to the story because it just doesn't seem too fantastic.

Makes you second-guess about FDI and its impact on the country, other than the economic.

i'm into classics right now. like "a tale of two cities," which i finished a week ago. and some of ernest hemingway, which i am currently reading. i'm about to finish actually, after this i'm gonna read f. sionil jose-- try filipino writers.

but really, the books i'm most fond of our that of gabriel garcia marquez and allende. and i love the poems of pablo neruda. :)

i just switched to the classics two weeks ago, i want to find out myself why they're called classics. hehe.

has any one of you ever read Noli me tangere and El fili thouroughly and not just because we were required to back in high school?

I read El Fili and Noli Me Tangere again when I got the unedited versions. The epilogue was Noli Me Tangere was the major omission from most versions that was used in High school. What will strike you is that a lot of the elements in our society that Rizal was satirizing are still present today. Sad commentary on the lack of progress on our society.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez is the master of magic realism. One hundred years of solitude and Life in the Time of Cholera are books that I would have read and enjoyed even if they were not required along with William Golding's Lord of the flies. George Orwell's 1984 is overrated.

The one book in my opinion that should have been part of the curriculum of most schools here is Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. It would have made me more prepared for some of the situations that I found myself in when I started working.

i've read the purpose driven life, somewhat.

any ideas on the davinci code or maybe the alchemist? :unsure:

I read The Purpose Driven Life inside jail both in English and Tagalog version. It is a very good inspirational book for someone who is trying to find out the meaning of all that is happening around. Everything has a purpose, why it happenned. Dapat ganoon isipin mo dahil mabubuwang ka pag hindi. Read it.

I read El Fili and Noli Me Tangere again when I got the unedited versions. The epilogue was Noli Me Tangere was the major omission from most versions that was used in High school. What will strike you is that a lot of the elements in our society that Rizal was satirizing are still present today. Sad commentary on the lack of progress on our society.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez is the master of magic realism. One hundred years of solitude and Life in the Time of Cholera are books that I would have read and enjoyed even if they were not required along with William Golding's Lord of the flies. George Orwell's 1984 is overrated.

The one book in my opinion that should have been part of the curriculum of most schools here is Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. It would have made me more prepared for some of the situations that I found myself in when I started working.

u guys should also read rizal's third novel Makamisa.

regarding rizal's noli and fili the best translation recommended by historians is done by ma. soledad lacson-locsin

Edited by vagabond