What's The Last Book You've Read?

Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell

The randomness of live is far more influential than you think. Tis necessary to seize any passing opportunity in whatever form, instead of purely insisting that only you can create your own opportunities through that tired formula of hard work, patience, and prayers.

Was it Machiavelli? Fortune is as a woman, and is fickle. Therefore, carpe pussy!

LC

in a dystopian anti-authoritarian way, yes. but i'm not sure a sci-fi fan will enjoy his writing for that aspect of it.

SF (which also stands for speculative fiction btw) encompasses a broad range of sub-genres, and it sounds like Vonnegut writes in the political philosophy niche. I'll look him up, thanks for the suggestion :)

My suggestion in this area is Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Despite the seemingly action-oriented title, this book mostly focuses on the individual's role in a near-fascist society. There are references to the Philippines in here as well (not to spoil anything).

SF (which also stands for speculative fiction btw) encompasses a broad range of sub-genres, and it sounds like Vonnegut writes in the political philosophy niche. I'll look him up, thanks for the suggestion :)

My suggestion in this area is Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Despite the seemingly action-oriented title, this book mostly focuses on the individual's role in a near-fascist society. There are references to the Philippines in here as well (not to spoil anything).

good recommendation, thanks. since you read speculative fiction, have you read dean alfar?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...