What's The Last Book You've Read?

Just finished Chasing Cézanne by Peter Mayle.

Good read.

Might find something to start on later...

I should check out this Chasing Cezanne. Peter Mayle's work is always enjoyable, don't you think? He's witty, and he captures the essence of the people he writes about. I love his descriptions especially. He makes me want to try everything he's ever done.

Try Mayle's A Year In Provence and Toujour Provence. Just a tip, the prior is better.

Edited by ismitt

Got this in my egroups:

Book lovers rejoice!

Powerbooks is having a Warehouse Sale from September 29 to October 1, 2006.

Head to the Powerbooks Warehouse and get set to enjoy great discounts on your favorite books.

Get 30% discount on all regular items and get as much as 70% off on selected titles!

A surprise awaits you on this pre-Christmas sale you should not miss!

See you there!

The Powerbooks Warehouse

#25 Brixton street, Kapitolyo Subdivision

Pasig City

Tel no.: 490-1158

Para hindi OT ...

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

I just finished reading Eragon by Chrisptopher Paolini. That book is real page turner. Finished it in less than 3 days :) I actually just got the 2nd book, Eldest in Powerbooks awhile ago. The whole story is a trilogy like LOTR and filled with dragons, magic, and the like. You can expect the movie to come out this December. Yup! The book is that good that they are making a movie of it already. Highly recommended people! :D

i'm into classics right now. like "a tale of two cities," which i finished a week ago. and some of ernest hemingway, which i am currently reading. i'm about to finish actually, after this i'm gonna read f. sionil jose-- try filipino writers.

but really, the books i'm most fond of our that of gabriel garcia marquez and allende. and i love the poems of pablo neruda. :)

i just switched to the classics two weeks ago, i want to find out myself why they're called classics. hehe.

has any one of you ever read Noli me tangere and El fili thouroughly and not just because we were required to back in high school?