What's The Last Book You've Read?

For fantasy fans out there -- i suggest reading G. R. R. Martin's Game of Throne Series. It has a total of 7 Books, currently on his 4th book.

I highly recommend it, far superior than Tolkien, has more compelling characters.

While I like George Martin's writing, and his story is pretty engrossing, I don't know if I'd agree that its superior to Tolkien.
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus- Starting Over by John Gray.

I recommend this book for those who just lost a loved one, whether it be from a divorce, a break-up or death.

We must admit that after these events in our lives, we tend to be clueless on what to do. OUr minds are filled with questions and our hearts with pain. By taking time to read this book, you will find abundance of insight and direction. You will know exactly what you need to do and where you are going.

no offense but this book seems to be built on stereotypes... :flowers:

While I like George Martin's writing, and his story is pretty engrossing, I don't know if I'd agree that its superior to Tolkien.

Yup I disagree too. Tolkien is still the best or at least at par with my favorite C.S. Lewis.

Right now, I'm reading The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder. I find it hard to finish. The most boring book ever!

Just finished Neil Gaiman - The Last Temptation; a comic book where one of the main characters was based loosely on Alice Cooper

Also finished Neil Gaiman 1602 - A comic book featuring some famous Marvel superheroes but thrown back into time...

Currently reading (rereading actually) Neil Gaiman - Preludes and Nocturnes aka Sandman No. 1.

Guest foxtrotbravo
trying to finish ayn rand's atlas shrugged.

poor book, it has accumulated so much dust already because of my procrastination.

old book but a good read.

ms. rand lang can be kinda heavy in certain chapters but nothing you cant handle! :lol:

imagine if modern day atlases, e.g. bill gates, "shrugged" and suddenly removes his products from the market just to spite the world...what economic, social and political breakdown it will spawn.... :lol:

fb