What's The Last Book You've Read?

WINNING by JACK WELCH...

i highly recommend it for business people...

You got that right exman, I'm just about ready to wrap up this book.

Wish he talked more about the Sigma Six, though.

Next on the list, Life of Pi. It was way back in my queue of to-read-books but when I learned M. Night Shyamalan was using it for his next film (may be unreliable news, though), it jumped right up to next-in-line.

LOLITA by Nabokov

simultaneous with

DRESS YOUR FAMILY IN CORDUROY AND DENIMS by David Sedaris

It's good to pair Sedaris's collection of essays with another novel, so you just nibble the essays one at a time, not in one straight reading of the book (not back-to-back). This way, you can fully appreciate the wit of the piece.

Lolita is fantastic on the pun and subtle wordplay. Pedophilia is just used as a context/theme to shock and play around.

In His Image: Book One of the Christ Clone Trilogy

by James BeauSeigneur

James BeauSeigneur takes readers on a brilliantly researched and vividly imagined journey to discover whether a forbidden experiment will lead to the Triumph of Man…or the Wrath of God.

this could probably be one of the most controversial books of conmtemporary times, following the trailblazing success of Dan Brown.

here is the excerpt:

===================================================

Amid plagues and nuclear war, the United Nations gains control of the new world order. Israel is rebuilding the Temple of Solomon. And journalist Decker Hawthorne is raising an orphaned ward, Christopher Goodman. But Christopher is no ordinary boy: he has miraculous powers, visions, and memories of biblical times-because he was cloned from the cells of Jesus Christ from the Shroud of Turin. Who is this youth and would God permit the Messiah to be created in a test tube? Can an impure being arise from the sacred living flesh of Jesus? All that's certain is that the world is staggering toward a final apocalyptic conflict-and humanity's salvation or damnation may depend on the true nature of The Christ Clone...

===================================================