Laptop/Notebook Owners

10 hours ago, AlakdangGala said:

MSI Leopard Pro - almost 6 years ko na syang gamit very reliable. 

Congratulations!  

Our MSI gaming laptop (ms-1492) lasted only a little over 2 years.  Brought it to the service center, and we were advised to buy a new one because the motherboard alone is almost the price of a new one.  We bought a Dell instead, it's over 5 years and still working like new.

14 hours ago, johnlove said:

Congratulations!  

Our MSI gaming laptop (ms-1492) lasted only a little over 2 years.  Brought it to the service center, and we were advised to buy a new one because the motherboard alone is almost the price of a new one.  We bought a Dell instead, it's over 5 years and still working like new.

Just got lucky, I guess 😊

On 8/21/2021 at 10:51 AM, mickey_bugs said:

super bagal po ng laptop ko, ito specs sa baba..
Processor : Intel Core i3-5010U Processor (3M Cache, 2.10GHz)/ Memory : 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM/ Graphic : 2GB nVidia GeForce GT820M Graphics / Storage : 500GB HDD 5400

If ever palitan un Memory bibilis po kaya?

kung meron slot na ssd yung laptop , ilipat mo yung windows sa ssd  para maging primary boot disk , yan bibilis na loading time mo

Edited by 700legnalexa
On 9/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, 700legnalexa said:

kung meron slot na ssd yung laptop , ilipat mo yung windows sa ssd  para maging primary boot disk , yan bibilis na loading time mo

tama si 700legnalexa sa SSD say 10-15seconds nasa loob kana ng windows. ideal is240gb kung gipit sa budget 120gb pero baka di magtagal mapuno agad say 1-2year depend sa paggamit mo. kung may Optical drive ka remove and use 2nd caddy at 500gbHDD mo para as drive D. para maintain ang mga files mo.
for memory, ideal is 4gb pero kung multitasking ka go for 8gb.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Between Apple and “PC’s”,  they are pretty much the same in performance.  With Apple; you will be locked up with the ecosystem. With PC’s; there are some flexibility and they are more generous configuration-wise (ram,storage..etc.). Nowadays, companies seems to be producing a new laptop every few months. The bottom line is  how much are you willing to spend.

Right now everything is expensive.  I don't anymore play games.  So these are the features I look for:  

quad core processor  

vega 11 graphics or higher

16 gb ram

500gb ssd or higher

hdmi out - I normally use external monitors because I don't like the LED display in cheap laptops. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Macbook user from 2007 to 2019. Now using Windows (Surface Pro 7 i5). No doubt Mac performance is amazing, and last longer (only went through 2 laptops from 2007 to 2019). Went with Surface Pro because I needed the portability of a tablet for work but the full functionality of a laptop. Very interested in the M-series of Apple though.