Laptop/Notebook Owners

Mine is Fujitsu Lifebook A1120 Super fast! Excellent!

Mine's Fujitsu Lifebook too, got it for 99k 3 years ago. recently the socket for the charger loosens, i had to put heavy books at the back just to wedge the charger wire to that socket. a week later i decided to bring it to Vima Computer, 3rd floor, V-Mall. they charged me 1.5k including the general cleaning and tightening of other items. sulit!

Edited by remoteworld

i'm waiting for the Acer Aspire Timeline 5810T, do you think it's already a good choice for someone who's just going to use it mostly for internet-surfing, MS Office applications (excel & outlook),music,video and podcast downloads?

What I liked about it is it's not that bulky, long battery-life and would fit my budget but I need an expert's opinion since I'm not really a techie :)

Acer Aspire Timeline

If you're going to buy HP notebooks, which IMHO do not recommend, please avoid models with 8400M, 8600M, 9400M and 9600M NVidia video chips.

Check out the HP forums:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/messag...ding&page=1

And this website:

http://hplies.com

Does this only apply to hp laptops only or other laptops as well that have these video cards? Have a sony vaio VGN-SZ79GN/C which has the same video card that you stated. Thank You

Does this only apply to hp laptops only or other laptops as well that have these video cards? Have a sony vaio VGN-SZ79GN/C which has the same video card that you stated. Thank You

I don't want to be a prophet of doom but chances are it may happen to your laptop cause it's a video chip problem. Dell and HP are the usual brands that have plenty of complaints because again IMHO they sell more notebooks that have these VC's compared to Vaios. BTW, even MacBooks have issues with notebooks using these vidchips.

It is actually an overheating issue which eventually leads to your notebook having hardware problems (i.e. no display but notebook is running, losing your wifi signal, bsod, sudden resets, garbled screen, etc.). The best thing you can do right now is to protect your notebook against overheating. Buy a good notebook cooler that will help dissipate the heat. Also take into account your notebook's air circulation, put space in between the table/lap/pillow/bed and the notebook's fan intake/outtake which is usually seen under the notebook.

HTH.

Edited by Pepeng Tom
I don't want to be a prophet of doom but chances are it may happen to your laptop cause it's a video chip problem. Dell and HP are the usual brands that have plenty of complaints because again IMHO they sell more notebooks that have these VC's compared to Vaios. BTW, even MacBooks have issues with notebooks using these vidchips.

It is actually an overheating issue which eventually leads to your notebook having hardware problems (i.e. no display but notebook is running, losing your wifi signal, bsod, sudden resets, garbled screen, etc.). The best thing you can do right now is to protect your notebook against overheating. Buy a good notebook cooler that will help dissipate the heat. Also take into account your notebook's air circulation, put space in between the table/lap/pillow/bed and the notebook's fan intake/outtake which is usually seen under the notebook.

HTH.

I just learned that this laptop uses a hybrid type of graphics system. WOuld it help if I only used the onboard Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 at (STAMINA MODE) rather than using the NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GS notebook graphics processing unit at (SPEED MODE). You can switch between the 2 kasi at the flick of a switch on the panel. I think am already experiencing this doomed defect of the nvidia card while i was booting it up earlier. The screen was bricked for a while on startup but eventually disaapeared as it was on the log on area... I may have to bring this back and good thing it's still on warranty.. Tsktsktsk. :thumbsdownsmiley: Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsupsmiley:

I just learned that this laptop uses a hybrid type of graphics system. WOuld it help if I only used the onboard Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 at (STAMINA MODE) rather than using the NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GS notebook graphics processing unit at (SPEED MODE). You can switch between the 2 kasi at the flick of a switch on the panel. I think am already experiencing this doomed defect of the nvidia card while i was booting it up earlier. The screen was bricked for a while on startup but eventually disaapeared as it was on the log on area... I may have to bring this back and good thing it's still on warranty.. Tsktsktsk. :thumbsdownsmiley: Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsupsmiley:

Yes it would help if you use the onboard graphics of your Vaio since you are not using the "overheating" NVIDIA vidchip.

• 1 month later...

Acer 10" screen netbook okay naman. Ayun gamit ni misis pang chat. Dito sa office Toshiba satellite nabagsak minsan habang naglalakad ako (nasa laptop bag) eto at buhay pa rin. Im planning to buy one again for my house. Benta ko na PC ko jurasic na eh. Ano maganda brand and model for small office and mabilis para sa graphics design (i.e. photoshop editing, video editing). Gagawin kong replacement ng PC kasi di gaanong kakain ng space sa bahay. Any recommendations/suggestions from the techies? If you are selling one PM me. Thanks.

Here's mine.. ;)

Toshiba Satellite 15.4" A305-S6916

-Intel Core 2 Duo T6400

-4Gb DDR2 RAM

-320Gb HD

-ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3650 graphics w/ 512MB discrete

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/redstorm_photos/9164343_ra.jpg

Acer Aspire One AO531h-1766 10.1" Netbook

-Intel Atom N270

-2Gb RAM

-160Gb HD, w/ webcam and mic

-built-in 3G SIM card