it is a summer get away for me and my cousins, hall pass for me and the rest of the guys.....

anyway, been there every summer for the the past 4 years.....last year is the first time we tried cliff diving, but not at ariels point because it is too pricey, if i am not mistaken, P1,500-P2,000 per head including foods and unlimited beer plus of course the cliff dive, for me if you just want to experience cliff diving and get some time to eat and relax, try magic island.....

before going there, stop by the local wet market buy things you want to eat, at the magic island, they can cook your food for you.....

price comparison......5 x 1,500 = 7,500 @ ariels point compared to 4,000 total damage for all 5 pax @ magic island (including boat ride, food and entrance fee).......of by the way, the unlimited beer @ ariels point is not a plus for us because we dont have any intention of getting drunk

• Like (+1) 1

From a price to amenities ratio perspective, Sur is pretty good on station 1. Their beachfront area isn't that big and they don't have a pool but they have a couple of cabanas in the front and the protective "barrier" doesn't reach their front area. I also like the way they've arranged their rooms and suites so there's a bit of privacy with the verandas per room.

Boaracay Uptown on station 2 is OK if you want easy access to D'Mall and eateries, but for some reason it just doesn't have the same charm as the hotels in Station 1.

If you have the cash to burn try Shangrila at least once. Private beach front. You have the option to get an electric buggy around the resort. (Pinoy's aren't fond of walking). Plus speedboat transfers. Oh and they have a regular shuttle going to station 2 and other points in the island. Good to experience at least once.

• 2 weeks later...