5 more days to go and until now we have not decided which hotel/resort we will be staying

we will be flying to Kalibo on Sept 29 then will take the bus to Caticlan

these are the fees that we will be expecting from Kalibo to Caticlan

Bus Fare (Kalibo to Caticlan) - P160.00/pax

Caticlan Jetty Terminal Fee - P50.00/pax

Environmental Fee - P50.00/pax

Boat Ride to Boracay - P25.00/pax

(Montenegro lines has a fastcraft from/to Boracay, fare is P30/pax, problem is there is a wait time of 30 mins, but travel time is only 5 mins)

Trike/pedicab from Boracay Jetty Port to any Stations - P30/pax to P50/pax

we've made some arrangements with Bamboo Beach Resort as our fall back just in case we wanted to have a confirmed reservation before we arrived

it's going to be a big group, total of 25 people, so it's going to be hard just to walk in at any resorts

some of my colleagues wanted a hotel near all the action, some away from it

if you are in charge of looking for the hotel, it will be a conundrum

Guest eljuego

I've been to Boracay only twice. Once in the early 90s and another time in the late 90s. Before, it wasn't really that commercialized and the volume of people there then is nothing compared to the volume of people who go to Boracay now. It seems to me people nowadays go to Boracay to be seen and not to relax. I liked it better when only a few people went there.

My first time in Boracay was in 1986, wala pang kuryente, yung yelo eh galing pang Aklan by boat, sa gabi sulo lang, walang concrete na kalsada, walang tricycle. the only way to get from one end of the beach to the other is by walking or riding a boat that runs by sail. Water is clear, walang seaweeds, you can be a mile from the neach but can still see the boulders in the bottom, sand was powdery white, I could not believe what that place is like, parang wala ako sa Pilipinas. There's no airconditioning and most places to stay are made of bamboo, but they have running water, some bathrooms have no roof. I remember some of the locals going up trees to watch some of the foreigners use the bath/toilet. Foreigners outnumber locals 1 to 15, half of them are walking around the beach topless, I though I died and went to heaven.

Second time was in 1990. It was different, meron ng kuryente, may disco sa beach till morning, foreigners to locals 1:1. May cell site na, may airport na, may aircon na. But the thing that got me most, yung mga lumot beach, usually in the morning, by mid day inanod na rin.

I came back in 1992. Mas maraming lumot, this time the whole day, may mga artista na, bihira na naka topless, locals outnumber foreigners looks like 10 to 1, dami ng prostitute.

I decided not to come back, I want to remember the paradise that I saw 25 years ago, Boracay is a very special place for me for a different reason. :blush:

Gusto ko sa Shang-rila not for the beach or the action, gusto ko yung service, amenities and yung privacy, I'm too old for the other things.......been there, done that.

I was at Boracay last April nag-stay kami sa Royal Park station 1, beach front siya and sa tapat ng daungan ng mga bangka na pang water activities. Sobrang spacious ng room, food is ok.

Also, two weeks ago sa Beachcomber Resort naman kami nag stay, hindi sha beachfront pero tatawid ka lang naman beach na agad. Meron shang pool, bad fr lang sa beachcomber sirain mga aircon mainit! luwag din ng rooms at may ginagawa pang rooms sa thirdfloor, breakfast ok din.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been years na since I visited boracay, yun last ko, we stay in Fridays, station 1 sya, may pagka exclusive kasi nasa dulo na. Malayo lang nga sa mga activities but very relaxing pag nandun ka. Cottages ang mga rooms, hiwa hiwalay pa kaya d mainggay. Long walk to the market at mga souvenir shops, girls watching also. Haay kaka miss ang boracay, sana next year may time.

I've been here for a couple of times and I always stay at sand castles beach front, lapit lang sa d'mall but yung recent ko na punta madaming parang sand shield ba tawag dun yung mga kawayan na may lambat kasi malakas ang hangin. August kasi panahon ng bagyo. I've even gone to bat cave which akala ko eh pag bumamba ka eh mababa lang pero sobra pa lalim ng cave na yun and yung pinakadulo ng beach na meron maliit ng walk way papunta dun sa isang beach din. Nakapunta din ako sa highest peak ng boracay dala lang namin eh motorcycle. Can't wait to go back to bora.

• 2 weeks later...

hi iskha,

firstly, sana yung flight niyo is Manila to Caticlan na, to eliminate that 2-hour van ride from Kalibo to Caticlan. Parusa talaga yung ride na yan!

re where to go, daming bars at Station 2, and also lots of restos as well, it would be a good idea to try restos that are only in Boracay, such as Real Coffee, etc., rather than eating at fastfood chains.

have fun!!

My friends and I are going there next year.

From Feb 20-22. From Kalibo un flight namin. ANy idea where to go? First time ko po eh.

Im so excited na!