N F L - National Football League

here's the sked for the next week's NFL Wild Card Weekend:

AFC:

SATURDAY, JAN. 9

New York Jets (9-7) at Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)

Paul Brown Stadium, 4:30 p.m. ET, NBC

SUNDAY, JAN. 10

Baltimore Ravens (9-7) at New England Patriots (10-6)

Gillette Stadium, 1 p.m. ET, CBS

NFC:

SATURDAY, JAN. 9

Philadelphia Eagles (11-5) at Dallas Cowboys (11-5)

Cowboys Stadium, 8 p.m. ET, NBC

SUNDAY, JAN. 10

Green Bay Packers (11-5) at Arizona Cardinals (10-6)

Univ. of Phoenix Stadium, 4:30 p.m. ET, Fox

Guest megalodon

In my opinion, the Colts and the Bolts will duke it out for the AFC championship this year. Although the Bolts have had the Colts number the past couple of years, I still believe the Peyton and the Colts could pull this off.

Guest megalodon

No prob dencio. I started rooting for the Colts after the Pats got too cocky and had this irritating swagger when they won against the Eagles in SuperBowl 39. I was still rooting for them when they beat the Panthers in SuperBowl 38. So when they met in the AFC championship in 2007, I was already rooting for the Colts. Hehe. But if you're gonna ask me if the Celtics become irritating and get too cocky (which I know is the case for Celtic haters), I'd say that I'll still cheer for them since they have always been my team. Hehe.

Edited by megalodon
Guest megalodon
^^ No, D as in Dencio (fair weather fan???)

Hehe! Sorry if the win was at the expense of your Birds! :lol:

Anyway, with no more celebrity GF distractions, seems like Romo is now focused solely on winning.

Do you think the Cowboys today are in the league of the Cowboys of the Big 3 (Aikman, Smith, Irvine)? That Cowboys team was something else. 3 SuperBowls and had one of the best rivalries with the Niners of Young and Rice.

^^ Remains to be seen. This team hasn't won anything yet. Let's see them win a couple of SBs first before making comparisons.

Yes, that 90s team was something else. Their unofficial motto was "Play hard, party harder". :thumbsupsmiley: Sure the Big 3 were the superstars and face of the franchise but there were also a lot of other contributors - TE Jay Novacek (Aikman's escape valve), FB Daryl Johnston (who blasted holes for Emmitt), the ginormous offensive line anchored by Nate Newton and Larry Allen. The defense too also boasted of key players - DE Charles Haley, DT Russell Maryland, the infamous Leon Lett, LB Ken Norton Jr., CB Larry Brown (Super Bowl MVP) and later on, Neon Deion. There was even a year ('95 yata) when they sent 11 players to the Pro Bowl. And let's not forget the coach - Jimmy Johnson - who can easily run rings around Wade Philips.

Guest megalodon
^^ Remains to be seen. This team hasn't won anything yet. Let's see them win a couple of SBs first before making comparisons.

Yes, that 90s team was something else. Their unofficial motto was "Play hard, party harder". :thumbsupsmiley: Sure the Big 3 were the superstars and face of the franchise but there were also a lot of other contributors - TE Jay Novacek (Aikman's escape valve), FB Daryl Johnston (who blasted holes for Emmitt), the ginormous offensive line anchored by Nate Newton and Larry Allen. The defense too also boasted of key players - DE Charles Haley, DT Russell Maryland, the infamous Leon Lett, LB Ken Norton Jr., CB Larry Brown (Super Bowl MVP) and later on, Neon Deion. There was even a year ('95 yata) when they sent 11 players to the Pro Bowl. And let's not forget the coach - Jimmy Johnson - who can easily run rings around Wade Philips.

I remember Neon Deion switched from the Niners to the Cowboys and won a SuperBowl with each team. Yup JJ was a great coach. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to do the same to the Dolphins when he coached them. You forgot Alvin Harper, Irvine's unsung partner.

Guest megalodon

I remember Neon Deion switched from the Niners to the Cowboys and won a SuperBowl with each team. Yup JJ was a great coach. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to do the same to the Dolphins when he coached them. You forgot Alvin Harper, Irvine's unsung partner.

iggles match up real bad wit the cowboys ... but cowboys match up real bad against the giants and the giants cant beat the eagles ... the NFC east conundrum.. and birds never really had a chance .. they have a flukey season they benefitted by beating bad teams .. all the over .500 teams they faced they lost to...

as much as it pains me to say this .. i can see the cowgays going as far as the Superbowl .. and depending on who makes it out of the AFC .. they have a good chance of winning it all .. my NFC Championship matchup .. Cowboys vs Cardinals .. depending on what Cardinal team shows up .. cowboys got a better chance at winning this game

cant really put my finger on the AFC .. 3 teams are very strong Colts, Chargers n Ravens ... the way the ravens play D and run the ball they can beat both Colts n Chargers ... Norv Turner historically has been bad alling plays during the p'offs .. and the Colts have Manning but a new coach ( then again Mike Tomlin was a rookie coach last year for the Steelers)