• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

What's The Greatest Rock Band For You?

joeyjay

all different bands may define a specific time period or shall we call it an era. Beatles the time wheres the blues were prevalent, Metallica when Heavy metal was in, Nirvana was grunge was the thing, Blink 182 when punk arose, and nowadays you have bands like Taking Back Sunday or Dashboard Confessional with their so-called Emo music.

again, beatles may just be a fave for all because this is the time when media has increased technology wise hence their popularity. Plus they were the only stand-out band which played during the Cold war to ease the violence back then.

For me? toss coin between Nirvana and Blink 182. this is where i grew up. i cant say i like the beatles just because everyone else likes it. heck they have great music, but i guess its just me not going with the flow. cheers!

the greatest bands for me

60's to 70s - beatles, rolling stones, cream, led zeppelin, pink floyd

punk & 80s - the clash, the stone roses, the smiths

grunge & 90s- pearl jam, nirvana, pavement, yo la tengo, belle and sebastian

this decade - the white stripes

sonic youth - di ko alam kung saan sila ilalagay coz they started out as a punk band, got popular during grunge era, and are still releasing albums this decade.

so many

beatles, rolling stones, nazareth, black sabbath, white snake, deep purple, queen, journey, tower of power, ac/dc, kiss, aerosmith, cheap trick, van halen, foreigner, little river band, duran duran, starship, jefferson airplane, santana, the list goes on and on

pinoys bands, maria cafra and more

• 2 weeks later...