What's The Greatest Rock Band For You?

joeyjay

Waitaminute, hehe. Walang album na Atomica. Atomica is the first track in the Serve in Silence album. I'm a big fan of Razorback and Wolfgang.

I like all the Wolfgang albums. All of them are different. Serve in Silence is a much maligned album because a lot of people think it's too un-heavy, but the songs here are really good - especially the filipino tracks. Ilang Alon Ang Dala (written by Mon, and not Manuel, mind you), imho is the best track in the album. It's a very underrated song. It combines powerful lyrics and a really haunting dirge-like pace that escalates to frantic and frenetic bout between life and death.

Black Mantra is still a solid piece of work. Heaven Spent and Idlip are also among the more underrated Wolfgang songs. Pero medyo simple nga yung ibang kanta dito, naiirita ako sa bass line ng MECKAM.

-----

Manuel Legarda has already retired from being musician to be a family man. Wala na sya sa DRT.

----

Did anyone go to the 2002(?) o 2003 ata na anniversary ng wolfmusic mailing list? They did a show in Hekyll and Jekyll. The mailing list people were encouraged to write in their requests for the playlists. The most popular songs made the show. Obviously, it was a mix of the classic wolfgang stuff and the stuff the band has not even played before - Basti doesnt even remember the lyrics to some of them.

Among the lesser known tracks played were Hiwaga and RATZ from Serve in Silence. Idlip (with people in the crowd doing back up! hehe) and Undertow from Black Mantra. The most voted for song was surprise surprise... ROADWORTHY MAN! hehe

Did anyone go to the reunion gig two years ago at Peligro Makati? Basti came back from the US and jammed with Mon and Manuel with Brian Velasco on drums. Maraming di nakapasok. Maliit ang venue. MARAMI ANG NAGALIT SA BANDA. Kung member kayo ng wolfmusic, tingnan nyo yung part na yun. Matindi. May mga nagalit sa banda talaga. Porke mga racists daw (may pinapasok kasi na mga kastilaloy). BUt that's water under the bridge now.

Did anyone watch the Wolfgang tribute concerts? Six vocalists covered about five wolfgang songs each.

1. Mishka Adams - oh yes, you heard it right! haha. Believe it or not, pumiyok sya sa Darkness Fell. :(

2. Jet Pangan - The best of the lot. He did No Falter! woohoo.

3. _______ - the vocalist of DRT. He was also pretty good. He did As Oceans (this has to be the most emotionally charged Wolfgang song). It moves me everytime I hear it. It serves as a call to arms to other Wolfgang fans, imho.

4. Kevin Roy - Duh. Of course. hehe

5. Karl Roy - Double Duh. He sucked. hehe

6. Wag na natin pag usapan, binastos nya mga kanta ng wolfgang. The vocalist of Kinky Hooters who just happens to have a slight vocal resemblence with Basti. But other than that, he doesnt possess anything that merits him a slot on the show. Sacrilege.

2 beses ginawa

isa sa louie's theater

tapos isa sa... freedom bar ata. not sure.

Waitaminute, hehe. Walang album na Atomica. Atomica is the first track in the Serve in Silence album. I'm a big fan of Razorback and Wolfgang.

I like all the Wolfgang albums. All of them are different. Serve in Silence is a much maligned album because a lot of people think it's too un-heavy, but the songs here are really good - especially the filipino tracks. Ilang Alon Ang Dala (written by Mon, and not Manuel, mind you), imho is the best track in the album. It's a very underrated song. It combines powerful lyrics and a really haunting dirge-like pace that escalates to frantic and frenetic bout between life and death.

Black Mantra is still a solid piece of work. Heaven Spent and Idlip are also among the more underrated Wolfgang songs. Pero medyo simple nga yung ibang kanta dito, naiirita ako sa bass line ng MECKAM.

-----

Manuel Legarda has already retired from being musician to be a family man. Wala na sya sa DRT.

----

Did anyone go to the 2002(?) o 2003 ata na anniversary ng wolfmusic mailing list? They did a show in Hekyll and Jekyll. The mailing list people were encouraged to write in their requests for the playlists. The most popular songs made the show. Obviously, it was a mix of the classic wolfgang stuff and the stuff the band has not even played before - Basti doesnt even remember the lyrics to some of them.

Among the lesser known tracks played were Hiwaga and RATZ from Serve in Silence. Idlip (with people in the crowd doing back up! hehe) and Undertow from Black Mantra. The most voted for song was surprise surprise... ROADWORTHY MAN! hehe

Did anyone go to the reunion gig two years ago at Peligro Makati? Basti came back from the US and jammed with Mon and Manuel with Brian Velasco on drums. Maraming di nakapasok. Maliit ang venue. MARAMI ANG NAGALIT SA BANDA. Kung member kayo ng wolfmusic, tingnan nyo yung part na yun. Matindi. May mga nagalit sa banda talaga. Porke mga racists daw (may pinapasok kasi na mga kastilaloy). BUt that's water under the bridge now.

Did anyone watch the Wolfgang tribute concerts? Six vocalists covered about five wolfgang songs each.

1. Mishka Adams - oh yes, you heard it right! haha. Believe it or not, pumiyok sya sa Darkness Fell. :(

3. _______ - the vocalist of DRT. He was also pretty good. He did As Oceans (this has to be the most emotionally charged Wolfgang song). It moves me everytime I hear it. It serves as a call to arms to other Wolfgang fans, imho.

6. Wag na natin pag usapan, binastos nya mga kanta ng wolfgang. The vocalist of Kinky Hooters who just happens to have a slight vocal resemblence with Basti. But other than that, he doesnt possess anything that merits him a slot on the show. Sacrilege.

2 beses ginawa

isa sa louie's theater

-----

----

Did anyone go to the 2002(?) o 2003 ata na anniversary ng wolfmusic mailing list? They did a show in Hekyll and Jekyll. The mailing list people were encouraged to write in their requests for the playlists. The  most popular songs made the show. Obviously, it was a mix of the classic wolfgang stuff and the stuff the band has not even played before - Basti doesnt even remember the lyrics to some of them.

2 beses ginawa

isa sa louie's theater

Pare we were there sa louie's THX!!..Astig din yung tribute concert na yun!!.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Tama ka pare Jet was the best that night!... Along with Mishka and JAy of DRT!!

I was excited to watch the Roys that night but their sets sucked!!... :thumbsdownsmiley:

If Im not mistaken that was Brian Velasco your referring to...how bad? Dang..just imagine a hiphop artist ala Jay-Z singing "Mata ng Diyos"... :lol: :thumbsupsmiley:

The best talaga Wolfgang and Razorback though I gear more on the Wolves kasi mas metal talaga and more raw sounding though sa technicalities mas Astig ang Razorback... :thumbsupsmiley:

Between wolfgang and razorback, I'd choose wolfgang. I remember wolfgang used to front for advent call at weekends live at the atrium. The place was always packed on fridays and you'd regularly see maegan aguilar, cookie chua, tom lupton among others in the crowd. I was also a regular there and unlike club dredd or kalye, bihira ang away dun. everybody got along and there was usually someone "smoking" outside the restrooms, hehe. anyway, those were some of my most memorable times during the early 90's.

Pare we were there sa louie's THX!!..Astig din yung tribute concert na yun!!.. :thumbsupsmiley:

I was excited to watch the Roys that night but their sets sucked!!... :thumbsdownsmiley:

If Im not mistaken that was Brian Velasco your referring to...how bad? Dang..just imagine a hiphop artist ala Jay-Z singing "Mata ng Diyos"... :lol:  :thumbsupsmiley:

The best talaga Wolfgang and Razorback though I gear more on the Wolves kasi mas metal talaga and more raw sounding though sa technicalities mas Astig ang Razorback... :thumbsupsmiley:

Villaflor yung surname. Basta kadireee.... kadireeeeeeeeeee..... ugh. hahaha.

as oceans literally put a tear into my eye. oh well. i really get emotional with that song. hehe :blush:

"At a loss ... gone faded .. anger unvented ... bring down the Godhead!"

Lupit talaga ng Wolfgang. Most memorable sakin when they always rocked Sunken Garden sa mga UP fair during their time. Nasapak kase ako one time nun sa mosh pit, hehe :grr:

Deep. Loud. Pulse pounding. Really inspired me when I was fronting my college band dati (that ended up to nothing :lol:) Lupit tlaga ... miss seeing them live

Now awake! like the oceans feel your waves

Tentacles to crash rocks on shores

Tides devoid of emotions

All your wonderful dreams washed away

If Im not mistaken that was Brian Velasco your referring to...how bad? Dang..just imagine a hiphop artist ala Jay-Z singing "Mata ng Diyos"... :lol:  :thumbsupsmiley:

sir hinde po si brian velasco yon kasi si brian sya ung unang drummer non na drummer din sya ng razorback and DRT. :) si gian villaflor ung kumanta ng mata ng diyos.

about dun sa mga gigs na wolfmusic (which im one of the staff hehehe), tribute gig sa louie and 70's bistro and the infamous gig sa peligro (actually inde sya gig kasi parang post wedding party ng kamag anak ng wife ni basti asking him if they could play so the gig was sort of a private gig na nabalita sa radyo kaya parang regular gig) astig lahat yan oo minsan may sablay but who cares? wolfgang songs pa din yung naririnig natin di ba? :D

i was at the razorback gig last night sa music museum hehehe it was a superb performance from the bex boys.. astig talaga sa jamming ung mga yon..

• 2 weeks later...

WOLFGANG and RAZORBACK are both examples of a SOLID ROCK BAND!.. simula sa gitarista hangang sa vocalist! astig!..

unadulterated ROCK!.. walang esp. effects!.. boses kung boses!... pag live panalo!..sulit ang manonood sa kanila!.. panalong tugtugan!.. saka hayup ang mga kamay ng mga bassist at gitarista ng parehong bandang toh!...

the first razorback song that we jam was GIYANG!.. putsa nahirapan lalamunan ko ! hehehehe.. those were the days! ..

Well, between Razorback and Wolfgang I'll choose Razorback coz Wolfgang members are just rejects from a Razorback audition when they were just starting!!! If your into REAL ROCK, RAOZRBACK is the band!!! Wolfgang developed over the years to become one of the most popular BUT not fluid kind of a band!!! If you're into really fluid bands, check out ETERNAL NOW!!! hehehehe.... :evil:

Well, between Razorback and Wolfgang I'll choose Razorback coz Wolfgang members are just rejects from a Razorback audition when they were just starting!!!  If your into REAL ROCK, RAOZRBACK is the band!!!  Wolfgang developed over the years to become one of the most popular BUT not fluid kind of a band!!!  If you're into really fluid bands, check out ETERNAL NOW!!!  hehehehe.... :evil:

what do you mean by "fluid bands"??? :unsure: