What's The Greatest Rock Band For You?

joeyjay

I distinctly remember snipets in my life where Wolfgand, Razorback, POT and Teeth play in the background. All these bands are great for they helped inspire a whole new generation of rock afficionados. But in my presonal opinion, Wolfgang has the most depth in terms of songs, lyrics, the whole shennanigan. They may not be as funky as POT or as makulit as Razorback, but their songs tackle the very dark and grity realities of life like Natutulog Kong Mundo, Halik ni Hudas, Tulisan, Bought and Sold (ganda ng acoustic version nito) and Mata ng Dios. They did some feel good songs din naman though iilan ilan lang like Darkness Fell and the last track of the Semenelin album.

Anybody out there knows kung kailan talaga lalabas ang Lokomotv dito sa pnas?

I'm a Wolfgang-Razorback fan as well. Too bad they seem to have faded away. Their CDs helped me go through my rough times from 2000-2001... kumbaga in a few months nakumpleto ko yung mga albums nila hehehe.

Of the 2, first love ko ang Wolfgang because of their classic metal sound but I came to like Razorback even more as I listened to their earlier albums. Payaso is my all-time favorite Razorback song while Sanctified is my Wolfgang anthem of choice... although sa tugtugan mas kabisado ko ang riff ng Atomica.

Nung nagreunion yung old bandmates ko from High School, I insisted that Payaso be included in our regular playlist. I quickly mastered that song thanks to a very vague tab from the net and my Led Zep and Eagles influences (may parts na ala-Black Dog at New Kid in Town). From there, we subconsciously searched for damn great songs from the 60's and 70's and got engrossed with classic blues-based rock. Oh yeah, Razorback's first album is very much Juan de la Cruz with a lot of Lynyrd Skynyrd touches.

Sa guitarists naman I admire Dave Aguirre's chops more than Manuel's. Manuel may be a great shredder but he can't compare to Dave's amazingly clean and bluesy grooves. Of course, Razorback's sound isn't complete without the cowboyish Tirso.

I remember one time tumugtog ang Wolfgang sa GH for the Armageddon Battle of the Bands. Awe inspiring talaga dude. I kinda miss those creeps. After Atomica and Acoustica parang nawalan na sila ng flair eh..... personally I was disappointed with Black Mantra.

parang alam ko kung san yan parang andun din ako dude :cool: Ok yun gig na yon. Did u know dave aguirre is from batch 96 or 95 i think. :cool:

Wolfgang's Anino :cool:

Kevin is doing vocals for LOQUY right now cool band not as heavy as RAZORBACK pero astig ung mga members TALAN doing bass SANCHO on guitars and the drummer is from MONKEYSPANK

I already have the LOKOMOTIV ep hehehe ASTIG

KAPATID is on tour for the 2nd album LUHA.

Just want to share.. when Jason Newsted (ex-bassist) of Metallica visited the PI (around 1993-94 yata), he went to Dredd to listen to some bands.. Wolfgang was there but he liked Electric Sky Church better.. thrash talaga ang influence ni Newsted-- kasi galing siya Flotsam and Jetsam eh..

Going back to the topic.. Sabbath talaga ang influence ng Wolfgang.. They usually sing "Paranoid" during their early years.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Just want to share.. when Jason Newsted (ex-bassist) of Metallica visited the PI (around 1993-94 yata), he went to Dredd to listen to some bands.. Wolfgang was there but he liked Electric Sky Church better.. thrash talaga ang influence ni Newsted-- kasi galing siya Flotsam and Jetsam eh..

Going back to the topic.. Sabbath talaga ang influence ng Wolfgang.. They usually sing "Paranoid" during their early years..  :thumbsupsmiley:

may nakita akong pic nyan dude! naki jam pa nga si jason with wolfgang! :boo: yeah.. malaking influence yung black sabbath sa wolfgang. if you listen to "war pigs" you could almost imagine that it's basti singing!

• 3 weeks later...
I am more into Wolfgang, ako rin I was disappointed.  Parang di na edgy yung sounds. 

Yung favorite ko na Album nila ay yung Wolfgang at Semenelin.   Heavy at Edgy.

I agree with you dude, Semenelin was like the epitomy of their rock edge and exposing the darkness of society. Ako Semenelin and Atomica.... Ghad I miss those f**kers :cry:

And it's all just a matter of time

'till what you've done get's erased

'till love lost returns

'till what you've broken is replaced

and you'll see

it will be.......

Edited by preacher
  • 2 weeks later...