Toyota Or Honda ?

Just a thought mga bro..

If you are looking to own a car but planning to resell, choose Honda...

1) Higher appraised market overtime compared to toyota..

2) Honda rarely releases new models, that is why their cars have a higher reselling value compare to Toyata. Downside, well they are a lot costlier to own that toyota. That same goes to parts.

I think toyota has a little edge in fuel efficiency compared to Honda. I drive a Vios MT 1.5 and ave about 10 to 11 km/liter with approximately 70km a day..

I dont plan to resell my car instead, want to use it in longer periods.. (cannot afford din naman ako magpalit hehehe) so i went to a easy own, low down, car..

Kaya kay toyota ako heheheh

- Actually mas mabilis mag-refresh ang honda because they normally come out with the next gen after 5 years, toyota usually mga 6 years (mabagal kasi sila maglabas dito locally nung bago)

- Not all Honda models are more expensive compared to Toyota. Example.. mas mahal mga parts for the RAV4 compared to the CRV, and medyo mas cheaper yung Civic compared to the new Altis pati parts medyo pareho lang.

- Fuel efficiency wise, mas fuel efficient honda engines, kaya nga sa mga reviews sa US nasasama mga Honda. As an example my old 2006 1.8s Civic manual could do 9-11km/l. Comparing it to the 2008 New Corolla Altis 1.6 I sold, it was only doing 8km/l. Mabigat yung body and underpowered yung 1.6 engine for the body of the Corolla. Dapat yung 1.6 yung tinigil nila ibenta, pero pag yung 1.8 kasi itapat nila sa Civic na 1.8 malayo ang presyo kasi mas mahal yung altis.

toyota is the best, if you have moolah then go for honda, medyo madugo lang kasi suspension parts ng honda and mas mahihina kaysa toyotas. nasira lang ang toyota with the recalls pero kung papipiliin lang ako toyota is the way pa rin, kung mga taxis nga na sobrang bugbog mga kotse after 20 years tumatakbo pa rin eh hehehe. i just dont like yung fortuners just like monteros they are kinda ugly.

Honda- higher reselling value but high in maintenance, you need to bring the vehicle to Casa for fixing..hindi pwede sa kung saan saang talyer lang

I totally disagree with this, maraming reputable shops dito sa metro manila who specializes in honda aside from casa... they can even put turbo upgrades sa honda cars nyo... to mention few, like H3 autoworks, Speedlab etc. etc.

Petrol consumption of CRV A/T is the same as of Fortuner's gas variant. 2002 Altis (DOHC) gives me 10km/ltr city driving compared to 2009 1.8 Civic (SOHC) which is 8km/ltr, both are M/T. Regarding service, Im ok with the service advisors of both manufacturers. But at the end of the day, Toyota boasts of practicality compared to Honda's prestige.

It feels different driving a Civic compared to Altis. It is how you percieve it that counts.

I used to drive a Lancer GTi for 10 years then i switched to Honda. Honda is plus when it comes to resale value and performance. My wife naman grew up with Toyota. pero when I compare my civic to her family's altis and innova iba talaga performance ng Honda. Toyotas are built like a tank, very dependable din. If you're looking for a practical and everyday car, Toyota has it but so is Honda but with a price. Driving experience and reliabilty, for me its Honda.

In terms of style.....

Accord kaysa Camry

Civic kaysa Corolla

RAV4 kaysa CRV

Jazz Kaysa Yaris

Vios kaysa City

But there are pro and con per car maker.....I like Honda because of resale value....Toyota because of cheap parts.....both are reliable....

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of style.....

Accord kaysa Camry

Civic kaysa Corolla

RAV4 kaysa CRV

Jazz Kaysa Yaris

Vios kaysa City

But there are pro and con per car maker.....I like Honda because of resale value....Toyota because of cheap parts.....both are reliable....

Same here...I totally agree!!!

If you are about to purchase a car with your hard earned money, I suggest you go compare the reliability ratings of the two.

Consumer Reports, for one, provides a fairly objective assessment of each then you can draw you own conclusion. Remember that, after a house, the second biggest item you will probably spend on is a car.

For me, depende kung ano balak mo sa CAR ang magdidistate ng ano mas bagay sau...

HONDA: PROS- mataas ang resale value compared to other japanes brands

CONS-Mahal masyado ung parts at medyo mahirap maghanap (Punta ka lang banawe and compare)

TOYOTA: PROS-Sobrang daling i-maintain at mura ung mga parts

CONS-The resale value isn't that much, Ex. If you will look at ebay and compare the 1996 models of toyota (corolla) and honda (civic)

Bottomline, my suggestion is: If you wish to sell the car in the next 5 years... Go for honda! But kung gusto mo gamitin yan for upto 10 years or more than 100k Km, go for toyota...

go for honda... toyota kasi masyadong common... lahat ng taxi sa metro.. toyota, baka mapagkamalan pang taxi oto mo kung toyota bilhin mo. honda parts are not expensive, but not that cheap also... pero hindi naman madaling masira ang honda. depende din sa nagddrive yun, kung lag mong ishshoot sa lubak ang oto mo, whatever brand yan, sira agad yan... mura din naman ang honda, gwapo mo pa pag yun ang dala mo... and smooth ride always...

hi their... maybe someone can help me. don't know if this is the right place to ask question.. But since it involves a Honda then maybe some of you honda enthusiast can help me..

The Horn of my Honda civic sr manual 2002 model has just bugged down a while ago.. A quick check at the nearest HOnda civic service center shows that a cable rail has malfunction... They charge me 10000 pesos for a replacement.. Very expensive...

Can someone show me a store that sells cheaper cable rails... You know service centers charge exorbitant amounts even for minor replacements..

Any leads would be of great help.. Much better if someone can show me an online store...