Toyota Or Honda ?

Survey: Buyers shy away from Toyota

IRVINE, Calif. – Toyota's massive safety recalls is eroding consumer interest in its models and continuing to drive down resale prices of used Toyota vehicles, according to a survey by the Kelley Blue Book.

The survey found that 27 percent of potential car buyers who were considering a Toyota prior to the recall are no longer looking to buy a Toyota. Similar sized declines were seen for Toyota's Scion and Lexus brands.

Of those that defected from Toyota, the Blue Book study found that 49 percent said they are not sure they will consider buying from the automaker again.

Toyota Motor Corp. has struggled through several recalls of millions of vehicles in recent months over problems with gas pedals. The actions have affected some of Toyota's most popular models, including Camry and Corolla. Toyota has also recalled some of its Prius hybrids due to problems with brakes.

The Blue Book estimates that the resale value of cars affected by the Toyota recall will fall an additional 1.5 percent. That is on top if a 1 percent to 3 percent decline Blue Book analysts forecast last week.

Toyota's woes appear to be aiding the automakers competitors. The Blue Book survey found that some would-be Toyota buyers are now looking at brands such as Ford, Chevrolet, Hyundai and Honda.

Kelley said the survey was drawn from 691 car shoppers who used the company's online Blue Book from Jan. 29 to Feb. 8. It was compared to data on consumer brand consideration from mid-January, before the latest rounds of Toyota safety recalls were made.

:mtc:

Unlike Toyota problem on Camry and Prius, Honda is recalling a numerous models

It's Honda's second turn on the recall merry-go-round. After recalling 646,000 Honda Fit models less than two weeks ago, the automaker announced the expansion of an airbag recall to 438,000 new vehicles on Wednesday.

Affected vehicles include some 2001 and 2002 Accord, Civic, Odyssey, and CR-V models, as well as 2002 Acura TL models. One Honda Pilot and one Acura CL vehicle, produced in late 2002, are also included.

SOurce: http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/2010/0210/H...38-000-vehicles

Honda Jazz / City in Philippines not included in recall

February 01, 2010 - Last January 29, 2010, Honda Motor Co. Ltd. announced a voluntary worldwide recall of 646,000 Honda Jazz vehicles.

Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. officially announces that the local market has no reason to worry since ALL models sold in the Philippines are not affected by the recall. Parts used for the locally sold Honda models are DIFFERENT from those included in the recall.

SOURCE: http://www.hondaphil.com/ver2/pr.php?id=186

It's Honda's second turn on the recall merry-go-round. After recalling 646,000 Honda Fit models less than two weeks ago, the automaker announced the expansion of an airbag recall to 438,000 new vehicles on Wednesday.

Affected vehicles include some 2001 and 2002 Accord, Civic, Odyssey, and CR-V models, as well as 2002 Acura TL models. One Honda Pilot and one Acura CL vehicle, produced in late 2002, are also included.

Honda vehicles in the Philippines NOT included in SRS Airbag Recall

February 10, 2010 - On February 09, 2010(Local time), American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and on February 10, 2010 (Local time), Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced expansion of recall related to a defect in the driver’s SRS airbag installed on certain vehicles produced in 2001 and 2002.

Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. officially announces that the local market has no reason to worry since ALL models sold in the Philippines are not affected by the recall. Parts used for the locally sold Honda models are DIFFERENT from those included in the recall.

SOURCE: http://www.hondaphil.com/ver2/pr.php?id=189

coming from the honda philippine website kid. be reliable with your informations kid, injecting yourself in the motoring forums is no pupil's mind. remember what you posted in the fuel saving tip ("the effective fuel saving tips is "COMMON SENSE"), people like me are expecting intelligent answers but not your game. better to participate in topflight informations kesa mag angas ka pa.

Honda vehicles in the Philippines NOT included in SRS Airbag Recall

February 10, 2010 - On February 09, 2010(Local time), American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and on February 10, 2010 (Local time), Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced expansion of recall related to a defect in the driver’s SRS airbag installed on certain vehicles produced in 2001 and 2002.

SOURCE: http://www.hondaphil.com/ver2/pr.php?id=189

coming from the honda philippine website kid. be reliable with your informations kid, injecting yourself in the motoring forums is no pupil's mind. remember what you posted in the fuel saving tip ("the effective fuel saving tips is "COMMON SENSE"), people like me are expecting intelligent answers but not your game. better to participate in topflight information hindi mag angas.

coming from the honda philippine website kid. be reliable with your informations kid, injecting yourself in the motoring forums is no pupil's mind. remember what you posted in the fuel saving tip ("the effective fuel saving tips is "COMMON SENSE"), people like me are expecting intelligent answers but not your game. better to participate in topflight information hindi mag angas.

why dont you have any COMMON SENSE ?? - people can save fuel by using their comon sense, you're the one who is angas

people like me are expecting intelligent answers but not your game. better to participate in topflight information hindi mag angas.

this is a public forum, we have freedom to post, if you dont like what i said then just ignore it

Edited by jcsantos

Ever noticed that almost everytime you drive and there's a Toyota in front of you, you almost always have to overtake it because it can't seem to go with the flow of traffic?

At first I thought it's only because Toyotas are under-powered. For the same engine displacement, they always deliver the lowest horsepower. Then again, maybe because people who buy Toyotas do so not because of the features or specs. These are conservative folks with conservative driving styles/habits who are only after getting from point A to point B in a car with cheap parts you can buy even at 7-11.

The recent recall of Toyota in the US underscores a thirs reason why Toyota drivers tend to drive slow....because the brakes don't work!

I've owned over 10 cars in my lifetime. Minsan lang ako bumili ng Toyota. Never again.

If it's anything more than just a weekend car, I'd take Honda by a mile! Or Mitsubishi pwede pa. Unless it's at least an MR2, a Celica or a Supra? Maybe.

Edited by Magaling

Honda. Toyotas are supposedly reliable, but theyre not fun to drive. They get you from point A to B, but if you're particular about handling, and Horsepower Toyota's engines are disappointing. If you look at Honda's engines from the 1.3 jazz, city, to the 1.8 and 2.0 Civics you will notice that they offer more HP compared to the Toyota models, and you get better fuel mileage. I was able to get 10-11km/l from my 2006 Civic but couldnt do better than 8.2km/l on my previous 2008 Corolla Altis. So I sold off the Corolla, it just wasnt fun to drive, and it has this cool safety feature that keeps you from getting accidents.... and that feature is "UNDERPOWERED" hahahaha, parang hirap sya mag-accelerate when I'm trying to pass when Im on the skyway.

Another plus is from my experience the after sales service from Honda is a lot better. I will never buy another Toyota not really because of the boring cars, but becasue the after sales service sucks. The change oil express service at the CASA is fast, but if you're going to have anything done aside from that... its such a pain.

Just a thought mga bro..

If you are looking to own a car but planning to resell, choose Honda...

1) Higher appraised market overtime compared to toyota..

2) Honda rarely releases new models, that is why their cars have a higher reselling value compare to Toyata.

Downside, well they are a lot costlier to own that toyota. That same goes to parts.

I think toyota has a little edge in fuel efficiency compared to Honda. I drive a Vios MT 1.5 and ave about 10 to 11 km/liter with approximately 70km a day..

I dont plan to resell my car instead, want to use it in longer periods.. (cannot afford din naman ako magpalit hehehe) so i went to a easy own, low down, car..

Kaya kay toyota ako heheheh

• 2 weeks later...
Another plus is from my experience the after sales service from Honda is a lot better. I will never buy another Toyota not really because of the boring cars, but becasue the after sales service sucks.

Try walking into a Toyota showroom. Buti kung may pumansin sa iyo. Katwiran nila, Toyota sila kaya kahit ano mangyari, may bibili pa rin ng kotse nila. Service? The only people I know who are satisfied with Toyota's after-sales service are those who haven't tried Honda's, Mazda's or even Nissan's. Baka sa Mitsubishi pa lang, di na umubra.

Toyota Philippines are such big-heads. Laging tipid sa features---ever notice the knobs and vents available in other countries but are left as dummies in the local models? Laging pang bitin ang specs. Dito lang yata lumabas yung big body as 1.3L---pang taxi talaga!

And now, while Toyotas all over the industrialized world have admitted to defects and started recalls, Toyota in the Philippines is STILL insisting na walang problema! Such eggheads who don't really care about their customers! Tutal, Toyota naman sila kaya kahit ano mangyari, bibilhin pa rin ng mga Pinoy...because of its "reputation" as mura at reliable DAW kasi. :evil: