Exotic Food & Restaurants

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

Just a couple of weeks ago, I was in Singapore, and our host served us with Frog Soup during our dinner. It tasted OK. The only part of the frog that I could see in my soup is the leg part. The host convinced me easily, since the restaurant serving this delicacy is a well known 5-star restaurant in the area. Safe to assume that this is OK.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
sa exotik restaurant sa kalayaan, laguna , it's not listed on their menu but you could order ginataang sawa at bayawak.

i haven't really tried them with gata... usually kasi adobo yung luto... anong taste? :unsure:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
Just a couple of weeks ago, I was in Singapore, and our host served us with Frog Soup during our dinner. It tasted OK. The only part of the frog that I could see in my soup is the leg part. The host convinced me easily, since the restaurant serving this delicacy is a well known 5-star restaurant in the area. Safe to assume that this is OK.

they usually keep the leg part cuz i dont think using the other half in soups will taste good, what with the grog guts and all... but when fried, you can eat everything.

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
fried frog legs...got to eat at Alabang country club when i was a highschool student.....its ok....tastes like chicken......at least thats what they say....;)

hi gen g! :)

hmmm frogs at the country club :rolleyes: interesting :)

Al Jazeere resto beside Moomba, near Roces Ave. They serve persian food. I know madami na mga kebab places around but this is the best, pati ambience ok coz pwede ka kumain ng nakaupo sa carpet, and naka tray. Yung owner pa yung nagluluto. I even heard that he is sometimes invited to cook in Malacanang

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

PALOMERAH

welcum to MTC :)

yeah persian food can be a bit too exotic for me.. like i can't take the crunchy fried ox brain... to much cholesterol.. too rich for me... perhaps i'll pay that place a visit. seems interesting. :) thanks for the tip ;)

VERGAMAN

nahihilo ko sa avatar mo.. anyways, yes adobo is always sarap :)

Guest the_eight_of_orbs
Hello Ms. 8!... La ako exotic food natikman this past few weeks. Chicken feet lang sa HapChang & David's Tea House. :)

long time no see round the thread eh fatso :)

me naman ox brain lang sa persianna... kadiri eh.. para kong kumain ng lard :sick:

Guest the_eight_of_orbs

hmm..the most exotic food i consider "eating" is a woman :evil:

while this post can be considered witty... i can actually delete it cuz it's OT...

<_<

• 2 weeks later...

Frogs, adobo... kasama ko pang kuya nung namimingwit kame, tapos benta namin sa mga lasenggo sa lugar namin.

Dogs, sa Baguio, i think s trinidad theres a restaurant there serving only dog meat.

eat the meat during lunch, wow at night parang di ramdam yung lamig ng baguio

Ginataang Kuhol,

Bato-bato, something like a pigeon type bird, good and cripsy

Never tried it yet, but want to...

Salagubang, adobo.

Gamo-gamo, heard this also, dont know the way it cook.

Big Grasshopper....balang yata tawag dun..

Bats?

Lat february when my aunts from the States visited here, we took them to the Exotic Restaurant in Laguna. We had some deep-fried frogs, and some wild pig (baboy damo I think). The frog legs where real tasty, the wild pig though tasted somewhat gamey. I didn't like it but my aunts seemed to enjoy the wild pig. We also had some tapang usa. I didn't eat any though because I had some before and I never developed a liking for it.