Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Dude, what title will Fedor lose if he is not even their champion??

He is just that damn good (or lucky, however you wanna call it)..

I think Fedor is still the WAMMA (World Association of Mixed Martial Arts) champ, if that distinction still matters. o_0

And to be frank, I'm sick and tired of all the Fedor - Brock talk. Have Fedor face JDS & he'll be in bigger trouble IMO. Sh*t.

I think Fedor is still the WAMMA (World Association of Mixed Martial Arts) champ, if that distinction still matters. o_0

And to be frank, I'm sick and tired of all the Fedor - Brock talk. Have Fedor face JDS & he'll be in bigger trouble IMO. Sh*t.

I think everybody knows that WAMMA belt was a make belief belt during the Affliction days..

As much as I want to see Fedor fight those studs, I know that it will never happen.. I'm just glad that the "God" perception of him is now over..

I'm just glad that the "God" perception of him is now over..

Yup. Me too. Just to incite some more thoughts on the recent loss by the so called last emperor. I have always thought of Fedor as being one of the 'smaller' type heavyweights (always around 230-233 lbs) and I actually think he can go down to 205 given the right amount of work, similar to what Brandon Vera had to do after he started getting outclassed by the really big heavyweights.

How scary would he be in the light heavyweight division given his slew of success in the heavies prior to that loss to Werdum. ;)

Yup. Me too. Just to incite some more thoughts on the recent loss by the so called last emperor. I have always thought of Fedor as being one of the 'smaller' type heavyweights (always around 230-233 lbs) and I actually think he can go down to 205 given the right amount of work, similar to what Brandon Vera had to do after he started getting outclassed by the really big heavyweights.

How scary would he be in the light heavyweight division given his slew of success in the heavies prior to that loss to Werdum. ;)

Just one loss and you guys thinking of Fedor cutting weight to 205lbs? Tsk tsk... He got caught in a Triangle/armbar by a ADCC/Mundial Champ in Werdum! No surprise there!!! Wrong move in his part that he followed the Brazilian to the ground and got choked! We'll see what happens on his next fight!

Brock vs. Carwin na! Hmmm... Sino kaya mananalo? Think Lesnar's gonna win but it will be a close one!

UFC 116 Preview

Brock Lesnar Talks Shane Carwin - "I’m a Better Ground and Pound Guy"

"I’ve prepared. This fight I see it going either way. We can stand and I of course have superior wrestling skill. More superior than his. I wanna be able to control this fight and take it wherever I want to. I’m a better ground-and-pound guy. That’s where I’ve shown a lot of success. There’s no secrets about my game. I’m a pretty blue collar, straightforward, let’s get after it kind of fighter. My prediction is I’m coming home with the belt on Sunday morning."

"The training camp is the hardest part of this. That’s what takes a lot of fighters out of the game. It’s a grueling time. The fight itself is probably the easiest part. It’s the part that us, as athletes and competitors, love to do for the love of the game. That’s our passion, that’s our pure enjoyment, but we torture ourselves in the offseason to make ourselves better in season. It’s a long, grueling process. There’s no easy way around this game. You have to get in, you have to do fight simulation practices, and you have to get your hands dirty. For 10-12 weeks that’s what I’ve been doing. I have no problem sweating that’s for sure."

Shane Carwin on Lesnar - "You're Gonna See Brock Lesnar Knocked Out on the Canvas

UFC Interim Heavyweight Champ Shane Carwin appeared on ESPN's SportsCenter today. A glowering, menacing presence, he wore a black base ball cap that hid his eyes in shadow and grumbled quietly but confidently as he answered the host's questions.

When host Josh Elliott asked if the bout would be decided based on who was the better grappler, Carwin answered that he has prided himself on his focus on the stand up game and that he expected to win the fight with his striking.

Elliott pointed out that Carwin played linebacker for Western State and was actually rated as one of the top 15 NFL prospects at linebacker by at least one talent scout at the time. When asked why he had not pursued football rather than MMA, Carwin answered that the same qualities that make a great linebacker -- the pleasure in hitting other people -- are what make him a driven martial artist.

Elliott then explained that Carwin had won the interim belt while Lesnar was out with an illness and Carwin responded, "Brock has the real belt. I'm going to take it from him Saturday."

He closed the segment by predicting, "You're going to see Brock Lesnar knocked out on the canvas."

Rampage Jackson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the works according to tatame.com:

Nogueira’s boxing coach Luis Carlos Dórea revealed that the Bahia native fighter will come back to the octagon in September.

"It’s set that he’ll be back in September, and rumors point that his opponent might be Quinton Jackson. It’d be a great fight for Rogério, he’s a former UFC champion and a victory over him will move us pretty close to the title."

Fedor has the WAMMA Belt, you can search for him in you tube and check how he defeat every opponent. I agree with Olympus, he just got careless, he wanted to finish the fight as much as he can that's why he got caught by a triangle choke. He even tried twice even he got caught at the first time. He probably underestimate his opponent that why he lose.

Fedor is asking for a rematch but I doubt Fabricio will fight him again. Fabricio achieved his greatest dream why should he let Fedor take it back from him.

Fedor is still human so its really fine for him to lose, besides age can take away all the greatness on this world. I just hope Fedor focuses on the next fights he will have.

Just one loss and you guys thinking of Fedor cutting weight to 205lbs? Tsk tsk... He got caught in a Triangle/armbar by a ADCC/Mundial Champ in Werdum! No surprise there!!! Wrong move in his part that he followed the Brazilian to the ground and got choked! We'll see what happens on his next fight!

Brock vs. Carwin na! Hmmm... Sino kaya mananalo? Think Lesnar's gonna win but it will be a close one!

Just thinking along the lines of possibly reestablishing the Fedor 'God' complex dude. But yeah he still is perhaps the scariest heavyweight around but I do think he has the capability of going down and dominating at 205 no doubt.

Still want Carwin to win. Brock's probably got all the edge in the physicality department but from an MMA fighter's standpoint Carwin has better standup, he has more experience, he has a better camp and I think he has what it takes to negate Brock's greatest advantage which is the Ground and Pound. I think he'll probably be successful in stopping the takedowns... and no takedowns means no Ground and Pound.

Just thinking along the lines of possibly reestablishing the Fedor 'God' complex dude. But yeah he still is perhaps the scariest heavyweight around but I do think he has the capability of going down and dominating at 205 no doubt.

Still want Carwin to win. Brock's probably got all the edge in the physicality department but from an MMA fighter's standpoint Carwin has better standup, he has more experience, he has a better camp and I think he has what it takes to negate Brock's greatest advantage which is the Ground and Pound. I think he'll probably be successful in stopping the takedowns... and no takedowns means no Ground and Pound.

I agree! Fedor can easily cut to 205lbs. if he wants to same like Mirko, now try to imagine that Crocop at LHW! But these eastern Europe guys, cutting weight is a pride thing for them. They fight at their natural weight! I myself agree with this one, some fighters cut weight to maximize their height/ reach etc. to do so they dehydrate themselves, They rather work on their skills or technique rather than cutting weight! Everybody loses, now that is proven since the Fedor loss to Werdum! Anything can happen in MMA and this is why for me it is better than boxing! Screw all of these P4P lists, rankings and fight Orgs. Fights a fight until it happens!

The Carwin vs. Lesnar fight for me is just for the UFC HW Championship and not the HW Championship of MMA! As we all know there is more MMA outside the UFC!!! PEACE!!!

Let's se if Brock can impose his will on Carwin since that's how he fights and wins...

The only question is if Carwin lands a good punch on Brock is will he be able to take it??

and I have to agree with gfreak that Carwin has the better camp... this is gonna be interesting

UFC boss expects quick deal with Jake Shields, where he fights still undecided

Strikeforce on Wednesday released its middleweight champion, Jake Shields, which confirmed the fighter's long-expected exodus from the promotion.

The man who's long coveted his services, UFC president Dana White, today told MMAjunkie.com he sees no reason why he can't ink Shields "quickly."

If a UFC deal is done, Shields' manager said the fighter wants to fight "a couple" of fights at middleweight, then drop to welterweight. White doesn't necessarily agree.

"I think he should come in at 170 pounds," the UFC president said.

Shields (25-4-1) has fought the bulk of his career at welterweight but bulked up in June 2009 to challenge Robbie Lawler at 182 pounds and handily took a submission victory.

In what was likely a nod to his Cesar Gracie-trained teammate, career welterweight Nick Diaz, Shields kept the pounds on and won Strikeforce's vacant 185-pound belt with a decision over Jason Miller. He defended the strap in April with another decision over UFC and PRIDE veteran Dan Henderson.

"Our 185-pound division is nasty," White said. "He can [come in as a middleweight] if he wants to. I don't think he wants to."

"Why would you want to come into that 185-pound division? I know Anderson (Silva) dominates so much that he makes everybody else look (bad), but you've got Nate Marquardt in there. There's some tough guys in that division, and he's not a big 185-pounder.

"The real 185-pounders are cutting down from 215 to make that weight, so I would say 170, but on the flipside, you've got to give the guy his credit. He beat Henderson. Henderson fought at 185 and 205. So if he told me he wanted to go to 185, I wouldn't argue with him."

Shields was not a free agent and had time remaining on the "matching period" of his Strikeforce contract at the time of his release. The promotion had the right to match any offers he received from outside promotions, but after an initial "numbers dance" with Jack Shields, the fighter's manager and father, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker kept with an earlier pledge not to engage in a bidding war with the UFC.

"We just felt that the numbers (for Shields' next contract) were different than what the value was," Coker said. "Jake is a great kid and we'll be rooting for him in the future."

Jack Shields said he is "working out numbers" with the UFC, though he gave no timetable for a potential deal.

"We would like to go to middleweight, fight a couple of fights, and then go down to welterweight," he said.

The elder Shields was surprised by the sudden release but said he had no hard feelings toward Strikeforce, despite earlier feeling that his son wasn't promoted well by the San Jose, Calif.-based promotion.

"Strikeforce has been great," he said. "Jake had the chance to fight on Showtime and CBS four or five times against some top fighters in the world."

i really think carwin is gonna win this one. brock has been away for sooooooooo long, not to mention he's coming back from a life threatening disease. i honestly don't care what he's been doing in training (i read he's been experimenting with fighting southpaw), or what his new diet is (they say he's eating way cleaner now and doesn't need to cut to 265). this fight boils down to cage rust, and i firmly believe brock will have it.LOTS of it. his timing will be off and as a result he will eat a carwin nuclear warhead. if he survives the 1st round i'm betting on him gassing in the 2nd or 3rd and in effect getting KO'd. so either way i see it as a stoppage win for carwin.

on another note, brock is not impressed with carwin's athleticism:

"It wasn't hard for me to find guys like Shane Carwin, what is hard to find is guys like Brock Lesnar - and that's hard to train for."

you gotta love lesnar's lines, he's such a riot! lolololol

i really think carwin is gonna win this one. brock has been away for sooooooooo long, not to mention he's coming back from a life threatening disease. i honestly don't care what he's been doing in training (i read he's been experimenting with fighting southpaw), or what his new diet is (they say he's eating way cleaner now and doesn't need to cut to 265). this fight boils down to cage rust, and i firmly believe brock will have it.LOTS of it. his timing will be off and as a result he will eat a carwin nuclear warhead. if he survives the 1st round i'm betting on him gassing in the 2nd or 3rd and in effect getting KO'd. so either way i see it as a stoppage win for carwin.

Yup ring (or cage) rust in this case might be another thing going against Brock in this case. Rust affects a lot of fighters but even more so it affects fighters who really aren't that experienced. Brock has a 4-1 MMA Record, 5 matches in all so you can say that back then he really was still finding his way around the cage and now you add a long layoff that would significantly magnify IMO the effects of ring rust.

Now if he did experiment with something like fighting southpaw or changing anything significant about his diet for this fight and he didn't do it properly that's gonna affect him even more so.

but then again he might just surprise everyone.