Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

in a championship match, a challenger should really have a clear cut decision to win. a round is always given to a champion if it is really a close round. shogun didnt do enough to warrant a decision. rounds are too close to call and can go either way. shogun wasnt able to put down lyoto even once and he didnt even put the champion in trouble. it is often times a simultaneous hit from the two so it is a matter of subjectivity who hit harder. if it was a split decision then there would be a shadow of a doubt but all three judges gave it to lyoto and no one can question that.

Guest megalodon
in a championship match, a challenger should really have a clear cut decision to win. a round is always given to a champion if it is really a close round. shogun didnt do enough to warrant a decision. rounds are too close to call and can go either way. shogun wasnt able to put down lyoto even once and he didnt even put the champion in trouble. it is often times a simultaneous hit from the two so it is a matter of subjectivity who hit harder. if it was a split decision then there would be a shadow of a doubt but all three judges gave it to lyoto and no one can question that.

Yup I agree with your assessment. Shogun didn't really hurt Lyoto in the strictest sense. Lyoto may have felt Shogun's kicks after the match but Lyoto wasn't really shaken by Shogun's kicks during the match. Also, Machida always stuffed Rua's takedown attempts.

"Rumble" Johnson vs. Koscheck to co-headline UFC106..

well this is nice. I just hope Rumble makes weight this time around. As for Koscheck he has to be the busiest among all the fighters in the UFC without a doubt.

URCC XV Update:

Ryan Palinawan is out of the Main Event in the upcoming URCC XV Onslaught it will now be multiple time SEA Games gold medalist Marcus Valda against Vicente Pajaro of Hybrid Yaw Yan for the URCC Heavyweight Championship.

Brock is just avoiding the srug test of the nevada state athletic commision that is why he backed out of the fight.

Because for the fight it is not just a single drug test but random tests so meanin you dont have to be clean before and after the fight but also for the whole training camp and this is what Brock is avoiding.

I dont agree with the decision of the dragon and the shogun at first kasi i know the shogun really hurt machida's legs and mid section kaso later on i realized well in order to have the belt the challenger should have a DOMINATING win one that is convincing but i dont think shogun did this compliments to the dragon's defense. All in all its a good decision. So better prepare machida coz now you bled and in MMA ppl now think of you as human too that can be beaten . Better pump up and train more...

Add ko lang .. Question is really Brandon Vera that malakas sa management ng UFC to have another main event card fight eventhough medyo natalo na sya these past few fights??

rumors say malakas daw sya kay Dena W.

He has won 3 of his last 4 fights after dropping down to light heavyweight (his only loss coming by way of a split decision to Keith Jardine in a fight I think could have gone either way). The way I see it the Randy - Vera fight is a possible title contender eliminator with the winner of this possibly about to face either Thiago Silva or the winner of the Griffin - Ortiz fight. As Dana has already stated Machida and Shogun would have to fight again to determine the rightful LHW champion. I guess this fight is just a step to find out who might be the number one contender after that rematch.

And oh by the way... even after watching the replay of the Shogun - Machida match I still awarded rounds 1,2,4 and 5 to Rua on account of damage and octagon control alone (well there was hardly any grappling in it of course) I think he took those rounds though not convincingly.

The way I see it the Randy - Vera fight is a possible title contender eliminator with the winner of this possibly about to face either Thiago Silva or the winner of the Griffin - Ortiz fight.

Very possible but I highly doubt Randy and Forrest would face each other since Randy is Forrest's coach... though a tito vs randy 2 would also be nice..

The full 11-fight card for UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez:

MAIN CARD

* Champ B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez (for lightweight title)

* Cheick Kongo vs. Frank Mir

* Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce

* Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida

* Paul Buentello vs. Todd Duffee

PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

* Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia

* Shane Nelson vs. Matt Wiman

* Ricardo Funch vs. Johny Hendricks

* Lucio Linhares vs. Rousimar Palhares

* Edgar Garcia vs. DaMarques Johnson

* Kevin Burns vs. T.J. Grant

Looks like the fight of Lesnar & Carwin will be delayed further

Lesnar doesn't have the swine flu but mononucleosis. He won't be able to train until December

Why whats Lesnar's recent case sorry I was not up to date....

Anyway ang malas ni rampage...... halos lahat ng fighters nya sa Ultimate fighter talo... The rampage vs. evans should be pushed thru.....It will be a hell of a fight....