Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

About judging fights in the UFC! They use the 10 point must system like boxing! Unlike in Japan they have a certain criteria in judging fights! Just to prove a point "Octgon control" in the UFC is considered a major factor while in Japan LnP is considered stalling a fight! The fighter on his/her back has chance of winning in sub attempts and guard control! And mukha bitin ata ang 3x5 min. rounds. In DREAM/Pride FC 1st round 10 min. & 5 min. sa 2nd round tapos pag dikit ang laban may extra round na 5 min. Mas ok di ba?! :thumbsupsmiley:

Nice observation Sir King Nothing! I was puzzled why most of the fighters were gasing out in Germany, kahit si Marcus Davis gased out while always having good conditioning! Same goes with Rich Franklin and Wand! Def. must be the air in Germany! Wand left for Cologne Germany 3 days before his fight! Hindi ba dapat t least 1 month-2 weeks para makapag adjust sa climate?! :hypocritesmiley:

Indeed two weeks is the shortest but 1month is better, what can you body do in 3 days... even a cardiologist would agree you cant squeez every thing in 3 day for one night of bashing...Unless its sex!!!!!! that would be another thing hahahaha.

About judging fights in the UFC! They use the 10 point must system like boxing! Unlike in Japan they have a certain criteria in judging fights! Just to prove a point "Octgon control" in the UFC is considered a major factor while in Japan LnP is considered stalling a fight! The fighter on his/her back has chance of winning in sub attempts and guard control! And mukha bitin ata ang 3x5 min. rounds. In DREAM/Pride FC 1st round 10 min. & 5 min. sa 2nd round tapos pag dikit ang laban may extra round na 5 min. Mas ok di ba?! :thumbsupsmiley:

Nice observation Sir King Nothing! I was puzzled why most of the fighters were gasing out in Germany, kahit si Marcus Davis gased out while always having good conditioning! Same goes with Rich Franklin and Wand! Def. must be the air in Germany! Wand left for Cologne Germany 3 days before his fight! Hindi ba dapat t least 1 month-2 weeks para makapag adjust sa climate?! :hypocritesmiley:

10 minutes per round sucks. i'd even go so far to say that it sucks so much that it's almost stupid. haha. five-minute rounds for explosive fighters.

right you are boss. any athlete training for a bout should adapt to the climate of the venue he is supposed to compete in. that's what "conditioning" essentially is. you are training your body to perform in similar conditions as the actual event. bad conditioning would look like someone training to win in swimming without ever getting into water.

URCC IV CEBU "Proving Grounds"

On June 20, 2009, Visayan fight fans will once again be treated to full on MMA action at the Colt 45 – URCC 2009 to be held at the Cebu International Convention Center. Headlining the fight card will be URCC fighter Andrew Benibe versus Cebu’s import Sabah Fadai. Benibe is coming out of a recent victory at the Rogue Magazine Black Tie Brawl last year while Sabah Fadai will be having his debut inside the URCC ring. Fadai is a Muay Thai instructor and Brazilian Jiu-Jistu practitioner under the Gracie Barra Philippines. Fadai has recently won a gold medal in his weight division and in the white belt open weight division at the 2008 Philippine International BJJ Open. This fight is expected to be a momentous fight at the Colt 45-URCC Cebu 2009.

Am rooting for Andrew to win in the main event I've been friends with the guy since my days training at Maics but not only does Sabah have mad standup skills he has the ground skills to boot also. His two bouts with Francis Uy of Alliance Fight Club during last December's Philippine International BJJ and No Gi Grappling Open.It's gonna ge a good one.

On the Vera-Hamill Fight. I think Brandon has the KO Power to dispose of Hamill. He just has to remain on his feet. :thumbsupsmiley:

URCC IV CEBU "Proving Grounds"

On June 20, 2009, Visayan fight fans will once again be treated to full on MMA action at the Colt 45 – URCC 2009 to be held at the Cebu International Convention Center. Headlining the fight card will be URCC fighter Andrew Benibe versus Cebu’s import Sabah Fadai. Benibe is coming out of a recent victory at the Rogue Magazine Black Tie Brawl last year while Sabah Fadai will be having his debut inside the URCC ring. Fadai is a Muay Thai instructor and Brazilian Jiu-Jistu practitioner under the Gracie Barra Philippines. Fadai has recently won a gold medal in his weight division and in the white belt open weight division at the 2008 Philippine International BJJ Open. This fight is expected to be a momentous fight at the Colt 45-URCC Cebu 2009.

Am rooting for Andrew to win in the main event I've been friends with the guy since my days training at Maics but not only does Sabah have mad standup skills he has the ground skills to boot also. His two bouts with Francis Uy of Alliance Fight Club during last December's Philippine International BJJ and No Gi Grappling Open.It's gonna ge a good one.

On the Vera-Hamill Fight. I think Brandon has the KO Power to dispose of Hamill. He just has to remain on his feet. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sabah yung tumalo kay Predator nung December? mukha ngang maganda striking nya chief, tapos good ground skills din matangkad pa siya

yep Brandon has the KO power, he just needs to sprawl well the takedown attempts and if in case he gets taken down he should scramble to get on top or get up

here's the result of Ultimate Fighter 9

•Jason Dent def Cameron Dollar by submission (anaconda choke), 1st round, 4:46 (Submission of the Night)

•Nick Osipczak def Frank Lester by submission (rear naked choke), 1st round, 3:40

•Tomasz Drwal def Mike Ciesnolevicz by TKO, 1st round, 4:48 (KO of the Night)

•Brad Blackburn def Edgar Garcia by split decision

•Melvin Guillard def Gleison Tibau by split decision

•Joe Stevenson def Nate Diaz by unanimous decision (Fight of the Night)

•Ross Pearson def Andre Winner by unanimous decision

•Chris Lytle def Kevin Burns by unanimous decision (Fight of the Night)

•James Wilks def DeMarques Johnson by submission (guillotine choke), 1st round, 4:54

•Diego Sanchez def Clay Guida by split decision (Fight of the Night)

the fight between nightmare & carpenter is one HELL of a fight!...

Sabah yung tumalo kay Predator nung December? mukha ngang maganda striking nya chief, tapos good ground skills din matangkad pa siya

yep Brandon has the KO power, he just needs to sprawl well the takedown attempts and if in case he gets taken down he should scramble to get on top or get up

Yup the Iranian guy. I wonder who won though I have no word yet. Will post the results once I have em. I'll be rolling with Norman Go and the rest of Gracie Barra Cebu next month when I'm in that part of the country. Hopefully I'll get a chance to roll with Sabah. Great fights yesterday during the Ultimate Finale. The Guida / Sanchez fight was an instant classic.

Just finished watching TUF 9 finale and all i can say is HARDCORE!!!!!

The bout between sanchez and guida was fantastic. Both guys came out swinging at the beginning of the first round, although guida had no chance standing up with sanchez. I believe sanchez connected about 4-5 clean uppercuts before guida was able to take him to the ground. Guida has an iron chin after recovering from a nice head kick that sent him to the canvass on the latter part of round 1. Even on his back diego controlled the fight, he was able to dictate the pace and connect with those massive elbows. Not to mention the kimura attempts from the guard on rounds 2 and 3.

Another fight that i liked was with joe "daddy" stevenson and nate diaz. Excellent octagon control by stevenson, i've never seen such beautiful matt control in a long time. The two warriors were doing submission left and right in the entire match. I liked the first guillotine attempt by diaz, it was really tight, but stevenson was able to utilize his strength and power his way out of it. This has got to be the best joe stevenson i've seen in the octagon.

Sana lahat ng PPV event ng UFC ganito ka exciting. Ang ganda ng match making nila sa event na to.

Cant wait for UFC 100..........LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

Yup the Iranian guy. I wonder who won though I have no word yet. Will post the results once I have em. I'll be rolling with Norman Go and the rest of Gracie Barra Cebu next month when I'm in that part of the country. Hopefully I'll get a chance to roll with Sabah. Great fights yesterday during the Ultimate Finale. The Guida / Sanchez fight was an instant classic.

nice your going to Cebu, there's this dude from the MMA Phil forums that trains in G-B Cebu he also sells fight shorts with that monkey logo he calls his "company" MacaCo fightwear hehehe

kapag naka roll mo din mga tiga G-B sabihin mo naman samin dito kung gaano sila kagagaling ^_^