Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Mirko Cro Cop leaves UFC (again) and signs three-fight deal with Dream (again)

“Isn’t that a dirty [expletive] thing to do? He [expletived] me. The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he [expletived] me…. He didn’t keep his word. He talked about honor and all this other [expletive] and he [expletived] me. He fed me this bull [expletive] about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this. He turned down every other [expletive] fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too.”

UFC President Dana White fumes over news that Mirko Cro Cop signed a three-fight deal with Dream behind his back. White struck a one-fight deal with the Croatian — something that goes against corporate policy — for him to return against Mustafa Al Turk earlier today at UFC 99: “The Comeback” from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany. Both parties verbally agreed to extend the deal longer after the event; however, Cro Cop seemingly had other plans. As for his performance, Cro Cop came in heavier than normal, which can more than likely be attributed to having just recovered from major reconstructive knee surgery exactly five months ago. And even though he scored a first round technical knockout win, he had a little help from referee Dan Mirgliotta, who missed an inadvertent eye poke that led to the eventual finish. The win evened his UFC record (2-2), which is where it will more than likely remain indefinitely. Oh well. In addition to talking about making a run at the title, Cro Cop even talked about taking on the winner of Randy Couture-Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira in his post-fight interview. Very odd.

^

like above except for Kongo

speaking of Kongo, has anyone seen him fight a great BJJ stylist? i mean most of his fights are against strikers, wrestlers and freestyle fighters who are prone to stand and bang with him, i was thinking of Napao VS Kongo grappler VS striker, i dunno if this is gonna happen with the way things are going for Napao, he is now out of the HW race after that loss to Shane Carwin

Lesnar should have not fought randy first but kongo instead...so that the match would have been Striker VS. Wrestler...

Fearless Forecast:

Franklin

Velasquez

Crocop

Davis

Fisher

Swick (although I have a feeling its going to be Saunders)

Not bad, heheheh! Although it should have been Davis by split decision...

I think its time for the Axe Murderer to retire, he is just way broken and old to fight... Those accumulated damages and the stubborness to adapt really takes its toll on him, mamamatay lang sya sa LHW at siguradong wala siyang mararating sa MW...

Mirko Cro Cop leaves UFC (again) and signs three-fight deal with Dream (again)

“Isn’t that a dirty [expletive] thing to do? He [expletived] me. The first time in the history of the company I do one over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he [expletived] me…. He didn’t keep his word. He talked about honor and all this other [expletive] and he [expletived] me. He fed me this bull [expletive] about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this. He turned down every other [expletive] fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too.”

UFC President Dana White fumes over news that Mirko Cro Cop signed a three-fight deal with Dream behind his back. White struck a one-fight deal with the Croatian — something that goes against corporate policy — for him to return against Mustafa Al Turk earlier today at UFC 99: “The Comeback” from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany. Both parties verbally agreed to extend the deal longer after the event; however, Cro Cop seemingly had other plans. As for his performance, Cro Cop came in heavier than normal, which can more than likely be attributed to having just recovered from major reconstructive knee surgery exactly five months ago. And even though he scored a first round technical knockout win, he had a little help from referee Dan Mirgliotta, who missed an inadvertent eye poke that led to the eventual finish. The win evened his UFC record (2-2), which is where it will more than likely remain indefinitely. Oh well. In addition to talking about making a run at the title, Cro Cop even talked about taking on the winner of Randy Couture-Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira in his post-fight interview. Very odd.

What would he expect from an aging fighter? Hehehehe! And its a nice move by Crocop, saving himself from further humiliation, dahil kung tutuloy din lang sya lumaban sa UFC, yung mga "cans" na lang ang kaya nya talunin... Imagine him fighting Carwin, Velasquez, dos Santos or even McCulley, he better fight in some obscure MMA outfit in Japan...

What would he expect from an aging fighter? Hehehehe! And its a nice move by Crocop, saving himself from further humiliation, dahil kung tutuloy din lang sya lumaban sa UFC, yung mga "cans" na lang ang kaya nya talunin... Imagine him fighting Carwin, Velasquez, dos Santos or even McCulley, he better fight in some obscure MMA outfit in Japan...

Cro Cop Pull's a fast one on Dana! Hehe... Good for Him! It's about time for somebody to say screw you Dana! Anyways Dan needed Cro Cop to put fans on the seat in Germany! And Cro Cop used it as a tune-up fight before going back to DREAM!

The hell with the eye-poke! We all saw how Mirko started to finish Al-Turk before the accidental eye-poke! Even if that didnt happend Al-Turk would still be KO'd! :thumbsupsmiley:

He wanted the winner of Couture vs. Big Nog! And Dana wants him to fight Cain Velaquez!? We all saw what Cain did to Kongo right!? So why take the risk! Have his ass beaten by another HW grappler! And he took a massive pay-cut! It was only a one-fight deal anyways right!? :hypocritesmiley:

Nanghina si Silva sa pagbaba ng timbang.

after watching te replay...

I think its more of the atmosphere, since the kind of air in Germany is kinda different from the one in US. Perhaps silva felt different then. Looks like silva was not properly acclimatized in Germany. In short nanibago ang katawan nya sa Germany.

I noticed he's labored breathing by round two... even Franklin started to labor breath by late round 2...

Adrenaline 3 results: Ray Mercer needs just 10 seconds to knockout Tim Sylvia

Ray Mercer defeats Tim Sylvia via knockout in round one

Jeremy Horn defeats Chris Davis via submission (rear naked choke) in round one

Rich Clementi defeats Sasuke Zapata via submission (side choke) in round one

John Salter defeats Roberto Traven via knockout in round one

Bryan Goldsby defeats Joey Marimberga via knockout in round one

Joe Jordan defeats Juan Zapata via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Caol Uno got robbed...

its a bitch when things like that happens...

Davis was too emotional in his fight, so he lost... sayang Davis pa naman ako sa laban na yun, i'm not really a Hardy fan...

yeah eyepoke or not, Mirko would've finished Al Turk in the 1st

i feel sad that Wand lost but he put up a hell of a fight, i had the card at a split Franklin but never a UD Franklin though, the takedown at the last part of the 3rd was really big on the scorecards for Rich ^_^

Caol Uno got robbed...

its a bitch when things like that happens...

Davis was too emotional in his fight, so he lost... sayang Davis pa naman ako sa laban na yun, i'm not really a Hardy fan...

yeah eyepoke or not, Mirko would've finished Al Turk in the 1st

i feel sad that Wand lost but he put up a hell of a fight, i had the card at a split Franklin but never a UD Franklin though, the takedown at the last part of the 3rd was really big on the scorecards for Rich ^_^

Its a fight for the fans bro.. we all love how they try KTFO of each other. but still wandy diminished in the 2nd rd when he hurt franklin with an overhand right. I'd scor it 29 - 28 for rich.

YES!.. caol uno was robbed!... damn!...

Edited by ixnay
Its a fight for the fans bro.. we all love how the they try KTFO of each other. but still wandy diminished in the 2nd rd when he hurt franklin with an overhand right. I'd scor it 29 - 28 for rich.

YES!.. caol uno was robbed!... damn!...

i got it all even before the takedown on the 3rd, then Ace got the takedown so i told myself s@%t it's gonna be a split for Rich...

i just didn't expect all judges do a 29-28 for a UD, i was thinking more of a majority decision or a split but not a unanimous decision bro

about the Uno fight, Caol had octagon control, he was more agressive, he had takedowns, he had strikes, knees in the clinch, clinch control, a couple of sub attempts...

all that fisher had was some sprawls, knees in the clinch and some strikes... i just don't see why he won that fight...

i'm a Fisher fan as well, but i just can't see how he won that fight...

i got it all even before the takedown on the 3rd, then Ace got the takedown so i told myself s@%t it's gonna be a split for Rich...

i just didn't expect all judges do a 29-28 for a UD, i was thinking more of a majority decision or a split but not a unanimous decision bro

about the Uno fight, Caol had octagon control, he was more agressive, he had takedowns, he had strikes, knees in the clinch, clinch control, a couple of sub attempts...

all that fisher had was some sprawls, knees in the clinch and some strikes... i just don't see why he won that fight...

i'm a Fisher fan as well, but i just can't see how he won that fight...

I think Dana should start looking for better judges who could really score a fight...

looking forward.. UFC 100 will be a great card for the fans!

I think Dana should start looking for better judges who could really score a fight...

About judging fights in the UFC! They use the 10 point must system like boxing! Unlike in Japan they have a certain criteria in judging fights! Just to prove a point "Octgon control" in the UFC is considered a major factor while in Japan LnP is considered stalling a fight! The fighter on his/her back has chance of winning in sub attempts and guard control! And mukha bitin ata ang 3x5 min. rounds. In DREAM/Pride FC 1st round 10 min. & 5 min. sa 2nd round tapos pag dikit ang laban may extra round na 5 min. Mas ok di ba?! :thumbsupsmiley:

Nice observation Sir King Nothing! I was puzzled why most of the fighters were gasing out in Germany, kahit si Marcus Davis gased out while always having good conditioning! Same goes with Rich Franklin and Wand! Def. must be the air in Germany! Wand left for Cologne Germany 3 days before his fight! Hindi ba dapat t least 1 month-2 weeks para makapag adjust sa climate?! :hypocritesmiley:

since there aren't any ahtletic commissions in other countries, bad judging happens in overseas fights for the UFC

remember the Matt Hamill VS Michael Bisping fight?