Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Chuck is a UFC legend, a lost is a lost hindi kahihiyan yan. At the right time, anyone can beaten by anybody.

+1 chief, in MMA often times number crunching is thrown out of the ring/octagon once the fight starts ^_^

i don't think it really was a humiliating loss, as he's already been there before and with a bit more training he'd be back there again. Chuck admitted that it was a bad habit of his to try and sneak an uppercut with that distance to an opponent, he said he does it all the time "like a bad habit", i see him in his fights connect with that, but he got suckered in the Rampage fight trying that same thing, and then came Evans. props to Evans because he won, but he don't get no love from me for his showboating. i dunno, everyone has a right to celebrate after a win, but he took it to another level... a level down sadly.

so yeah i'd still welcome Chuck here on the 21st hope Brandon comes to. ^_^

and about another pinoy MMA fighter abroad, i believe so theres that guy fighting in WEC, i don't recall his name but probably some of you do. ^_^

any vids of this mark munoz?

is he taking on Faber anytime soon? :D

much props to this man

Well as for a match with Faber malayo pa ito sir. He's only had one match palang in the WEC I believe but he did win it in a very impressive fashion.

Additional Facts about Mark Munoz:

Muñoz is slated to fight Steve Steinbeiss in WEC 36 on November 5, 2008.

Muñoz goes by the moniker "The Philippine Wrecking Machine"

Muñoz is slated to fight Steve Steinbeiss in WEC 36 on November 5, 2008.

Steinbeiss name is awfully familiar, anyway a quick check of google reveals that Munoz has pulled out of their fight due to an undisclosed injury. sayang.

it was also said that it was a "winner-stays-loser-goes" type match, which, I assume means, that the winner gets to fight in the UFC (once they complete the integration of WEC into UFC) and the loser leaves without a contract.

+1 chief, in MMA often times number crunching is thrown out of the ring/octagon once the fight starts ^_^

i don't think it really was a humiliating loss, as he's already been there before and with a bit more training he'd be back there again. Chuck admitted that it was a bad habit of his to try and sneak an uppercut with that distance to an opponent, he said he does it all the time "like a bad habit", i see him in his fights connect with that, but he got suckered in the Rampage fight trying that same thing, and then came Evans. props to Evans because he won, but he don't get no love from me for his showboating. i dunno, everyone has a right to celebrate after a win, but he took it to another level... a level down sadly.

Yeah Its not a humiliating loss after all iceman had gone way far in the way he fight at ufc, didn't you notice bihira sya mag ground. In other words chuck barely used mma style of fighting to become the legend that he is now. Evan is a wrestler... I wonder if he can dominate the ufc using a single style like what chuckie did all in his career as a fighter. What's evans advantage is that he knows well how to apply what he had trained before the fight, unlike other fighters, minsan hindi yung pinraktis ang inaaply sa mismong laban. Naturaly in mma you can use 2-3 different style I wonder how Rashad will defeat his next opponent. Sure he got lucky K.O. chuck using the iceman's style of stand up fighting, but what will be Evans style to dominate his future opponents? After all chuck is old already medyo bumaba na ang intensity nya, yet he will still be seen as a unique mma and not the typical mma like Rashad.

So chuckie your still welcome here in manila!

Can somebody please post the details of the iceman's visit... where po ba?

and about another pinoy MMA fighter abroad, i believe so theres that guy fighting in WEC, i don't recall his name but probably some of you do. ^_^

Steinbeiss name is awfully familiar, anyway a quick check of google reveals that Munoz has pulled out of their fight due to an undisclosed injury. sayang.

it was also said that it was a "winner-stays-loser-goes" type match, which, I assume means, that the winner gets to fight in the UFC (once they complete the integration of WEC into UFC) and the loser leaves without a contract.

Injury is another opponent in most kind of sport... even basketball, so safety first! And what..... wec bought out by ufc? hhhmmm

Yeah Its not a humiliating loss after all iceman had gone way far in the way he fight at ufc, didn't you notice bihira sya mag ground. In other words chuck barely used mma style of fighting to become the legend that he is now. Evan is a wrestler... I wonder if he can dominate the ufc using a single style like what chuckie did all in his career as a fighter. What's evans advantage is that he knows well how to apply what he had trained before the fight, unlike other fighters, minsan hindi yung pinraktis ang inaaply sa mismong laban. Naturaly in mma you can use 2-3 different style I wonder how Rashad will defeat his next opponent. Sure he got lucky K.O. chuck using the iceman's style of stand up fighting, but what will be Evans style to dominate his future opponents? After all chuck is old already medyo bumaba na ang intensity nya, yet he will still be seen as a unique mma and not the typical mma like Rashad.

So chuckie your still welcome here in manila!

Can somebody please post the details of the iceman's visit... where po ba?

Any pure bred Filipino that is worthy of the UFC?

^ geneticfreak is right, the first pure Pinoy UFC fighter could be Edward Folayang...

(btw, geneticfreak do you post also in PinoyMMA? I think i saw you post there...)

oh, to the guy who asked if Mark Munoz will fight Faber, it won't happen. Munoz fights at 205...

about the Chuck loss, s@%t really does happen... unfortunately, it was Chuck landing on s@%t rather than Shad... i also don't agree on Shad getting first dibs on Forrest, but i think it's out of necessity... if Lyoto wasn't injured then he could've been matched up with Shad for a #1 contender fight...

Injury is another opponent in most kind of sport... even basketball, so safety first! And what..... wec bought out by ufc? hhhmmm

yep chief WEC is like UFCs farm league, they elevate the figthers doing goodthere to fight in the UFC (like Brandon) well i guess except for the fighters below LW & are not comfy fighting at LW and above

^ geneticfreak is right, the first pure Pinoy UFC fighter could be Edward Folayang...

(btw, geneticfreak do you post also in PinoyMMA? I think i saw you post there...)

oh, to the guy who asked if Mark Munoz will fight Faber, it won't happen. Munoz fights at 205...

about the Chuck loss, s@%t really does happen... unfortunately, it was Chuck landing on s@%t rather than Shad... i also don't agree on Shad getting first dibs on Forrest, but i think it's out of necessity... if Lyoto wasn't injured then he could've been matched up with Shad for a #1 contender fight...

Muñoz is a Phil-Am right?

and yeah Rashad should have faced Lyoto first before he tries out for the LHW belt, too bad Lyoto is injured. anyways we all know Lyoto's gonna sidekick Rashad's ribs everytime when they fight ^_^ (that's me hating on Rashad ^_^)

hindi na matutuloy yan for sure after ng kahihiyan na inabot nya. LOL!!!

In a sport like MMA, getting knocked out is part of the game. There's nothing that Chuck did on that fight to be put on the hall of shame. He went toe to toe which showed his heart as a fighter. Just turned out that Rashad got him first. Ang nakakahiya are those fighters talking trash but then would run away from their opponent.

Just to inform you guys that Mark Munoz is 100% pure pinoy but born and raised there!He will never fight Urijah Faber coz they are team mates in Ultimate Fitness Gym in Sacramento and Mark Munoz is a Light Heavyweight! Yup dats right he's a 205 pounder! Faber is a featherweight! He's a former Division 1 NCAA Champ in the US! Another wrestler transitioned to MMA!

Another thing as we all know age really doesnt matter when it comes to fighting. Chuck just got caught, its another good gameplanning by Greg Jacksons camp! Rashad and Jardine are teammates so Rashad's KTFO'ing the Ice Man is not a surprise!

And for Pinoys Fighters from Pinas?! I have to agree with you guys in the Lakay Wushu Team. How about the Subsports Phil. and Deftac!? They have some good fighters right!?

And for Pinoys Fighters from Pinas?! I have to agree with you guys in the Lakay Wushu Team. How about the Subsports Phil. and Deftac!? They have some good fighters right!?

As of now aside from Lakay guys, probably Ruben Sumido and Rency Calvelo have the best shots at international exposure IMHO

As of now aside from Lakay guys, probably Ruben Sumido and Rency Calvelo have the best shots at international exposure IMHO

I agree. Rency has always been one of the most naturally-gifted fighters in my opinion and he's got that martial spirit if you know what I mean.

By the way talking about local stuff musta pala sir Olympus yung PSSL last Saturday? Apart from lil king's match I have no other results. How'd the other fights go?

wec bought out by ufc? hhhmmm

WEC has been Zuffa property for a couple of years now, they're just getting rid of the brand name to integrate more talent into the UFC (sort of what they did with Pride)

I'm not sure what happened with IFL though, if they were also bought out by Zuffa.

^ heat exhaustion. right where his body was found, temperatures could go as high as 115 to 118 fahrenheit. the authorities found his bike first, and it was abandoned. most likely the bike ran out of gas, so he tried to walk to where people are. unfortunately, a couple of miles from his bike that's where he was found dead. no official autopsy yet, but heat exhaustion is most likely the reason why he died.

What a way to die... I've heard stories of bikers running into a snake pit or have a brush up with some of the most medically significant species of scorpions in the desert, but to die in the desert due to heat exhaustion is something...

He was such a great champion, although we was never the same after his bout with alcoholism...

Anyway, WAR TANNER!!! Rest in Peace!

I didn't know that Mark Muñoz is a pure Pinoy, but he does look like a Pinoy... Yes, he is a LHW and he won impressively dun sa laban nya sa WEC a couple of months ago, pero parang hilaw pa sya to be elevated in the UFC...

Someone's asking for the details of Chuck's visit... From what I've heard, he will be at the Mall of Asia on Sunday, September 21, hapon daw eh, for a series of demonstration and MMA clinic, probably sa main hall ng MOA ito... Kasama nya yata dito yung Fertitta brothers (or one of them) to talk about the details of the proposed UFC in the Philippines na sa January daw gaganapin...

As with Lyoto, he is not injured but his opponent is (Thiago Silva)... Too bad we will not be seeing him fight because UFC has not fielded a replacement for Thiago Silva...

Damn, Chuck's gonna be at MOA... On my birthday! AAAAAH!!!!! Gotta be there, gotta show him my rendition of Rashad's dance when he KO'd him... :lol:

I just read the official report on Evan Tanner's death, and it became more mind boggling to me. Turns out, his bike still had fuel on its tank. The bad news was he ran out of water, both on his portables and on his campsite. And, he did die of heat exhaustion. One more thing: I didn't know that the area where Evan was found was THE Death Valley in California. Shows you how crazy Evan really is.

I'm looking forward to TUF 8. One of the contestants at 155 is Philippe Nover, from Team Renzo Gracie in Brooklyn. And, I remember him posting at PinoyMMA that at that time he was one of the aspirants to join. And, he's a Filipino-American nurse in New York. I know Joe Duarte (Alliance MMA) & Shane Nelson (BJ Penn MMA) are the favorites, but I'll be rooting for Philippe as well.