Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

btw.. UFC 81.. Brock Lesnar Vs Frank Mir... Feb 2k8

lapit na ng ufc 79.... Axe Murderer vs (urs truly) The Iceman..

aw... Rampage def Chuck twice... <_<

Silva def Rampage twice... :wub:

so.. parang ngaun p lng alam na ang mgging result.. aw.. :unsure:

Silva beats The Iceman?

Hehe di naman siguro ganun. No question, malupit yung 2 fighter.

Question nga lang, sino mas gutom? Sino mas inspired?

BAsed dun sa last laban ni Chuck parang ayaw niya.

Then again, first fight ni Wanderlei to in a year I think, and last fight pa niya, KO from Dan henderson.

So even fight para sa kin to.

As for Brock, let's see if he's legit. Mir may not be top competition, pero dangerous pa rin

mukang pa-retire n dn c idol chuck... pero gs2 ko dn mkita Silva Vs tito ortiz 2.. or Rampage vs Ortiz... hehe...

parang ang sarap panoorin kapag nkita kong gulpi c ortiz.. lalo n nung kalaban nya c iceman... bwahaha.. :lol:

Oo ser, di ko lang alam kung ano, pero banas ako dun sa Ortiz. Dahil siguro ang bastos niya minsan sa mga kalaban niya. Sila ni Robbie Lawler at Dave Menne. Sama mo na rin yung Michael Bisping.

Ang yayabang pagkatapos ng laban. Kaya ang sarap makitang ma KO eh!

So far 3 palang yung naka-lineup na laban sa UFC 79 and that would be less than a month from now...

Except for the Machida fight, the two other fight, so far, will definitely be a bang!!! I would love to see how Hughes and Serra try to knock the lights out of each other, that is bad blood of epic proportions!!! And if Vanderlei comes out like the Axe Murderer of yore, and if Chuck shows up like, well, Chuck, THAT WOULD BE SO SWEET!!! I cant wait to see that!

Equally exciting would be the Hendo-Silva fight, if this would push through. I would love to know how the two fighters will prepare for this fight, especially Hendo... I just hope he can come up with something that can match up with the caliber of the Spider. Oo nga pala, kailan ba ito?

Edited by hardtohandle

the one thing the anderson has going for him is his speed. if he can avoid the clinch, and maintain a safe distance, and just pop Hendo with low kicks and jabs, he might tire him out that way.

I don't see Silva winning by submission, Hendo is an Olympic Level wrestler, he's not easy to take down or control on the ground and in the clinch. The only he can be beat is if Silva baits him into trading with him.

hollywood!!! cutting down to 185 is not a problem, added speed same punching power! boom! hollywood na yan!

cutting weight is totally different from losing weight... Cutting your weight is just zapping the water out of your body, and is usually the last resort just to meet the desired weight. So, supposing that Hendo is 205 lbs. right now, he would not be draining the 20 lbs. off of his weight in a sauna or any other sweat-generating activities, because that is just suicide.

One thing going against Hendo would be the effect of f#&king his own ass just to meet the 185 lb. mark, considering his advance age. Facing an intelligent, precision striker with a speed not seen on any other fighter at any given weight category is another thing...

I don't see Silva winning by submission, Hendo is an Olympic Level wrestler, he's not easy to take down or control on the ground and in the clinch. The only he can be beat is if Silva baits him into trading with him.

So far only elite level submission fighters have managed to make Hendo submit such as the Noguiera brothers. Silva would win if:

1. He can land solid strikes that can rock Hendo and capitalize on that

2. Control the clinch.

Hendo would win if:

1. He can control the clinch and prevent those powerful knee strikes of Silva

2. Take Silva down and GNP his arse.

3. Catch Silva napping and land a solid punch to the jaw just like what he did with Wand.

cutting weight is totally different from losing weight... Cutting your weight is just zapping the water out of your body, and is usually the last resort just to meet the desired weight. So, supposing that Hendo is 205 lbs. right now, he would not be draining the 20 lbs. off of his weight in a sauna or any other sweat-generating activities, because that is just suicide.

Yes, but let us also remember that Hendo is a natural middleweight so I don't think making the weight would be a major problem for him. That is a different thing when you aren't walking around close to a certain weight class.

One thing going against Hendo would be the effect of f#&king his own ass just to meet the 185 lb. mark, considering his advance age. Facing an intelligent, precision striker with a speed not seen on any other fighter at any given weight category is another thing...

ok i stand corrected about the weight thing (hindi ko alam na magkaiba pala ang cutting weight sa losing weight), still one thing is for sure, hollywood at 185 is still as mean as hollywood at 205, the difference is he'd be faster and he needs to be fast to match up against spider. pag nahuli nyang tutulog tulog si spider eh mala wand na laban nga yan, kaso medjo malabo yun kasi active parati si spider, kya dapat control nya clinch tas take advantage nya yung natural strength nya. i mean he knocks out LHWs kya malamang yung lakas nya eh ganun pa din, yun ang nakikita kong advantage ni hollywood sa laban nila, si silva naman he's in the zone, parang kahit sinong ilaban sa kanya kakainin nyang buhay eh.

hollywood pa din kahit anong mangyari! ^_^

Yes, but let us also remember that Hendo is a natural middleweight so I don't think making the weight would be a major problem for him. That is a different thing when you aren't walking around close to a certain weight class.

correct

If I remember right, when Hendo was starting he was fighting guys like Renzo, and Renzo is far from a natural LHW.

getting to 185 won't be a problem for Dan. He won't have to cut as much as you guys think.

Hendo takes it, it won't be easy but he'll come out on top.

The thing about losing weight is it is easier said than done. Let us also remember that Travis Lutter did not make it to 185 lbs. when he fought Silva, considering that that was his weight class. What more with Hendo who will be threading from 205 to 185?

But I do believe that making the weight will be the least of his problem, he should worry about The Spider like its a disaster waiting to happen, kung kay Rampage nga na hindi naman well-versed sa ground ay di sya umubra, lalo na siguro kay Silva na striker na, may groundwork pa. That's double the trouble...

Back injury forces Serra out of title defense

It was not a Happy Thanksgiving for Matt Serra, or the Ultimate Fighting Championship, as both sides had to come to terms with the fact that the most hyped match of this year, Serra's welterweight title defense against Matt Hughes for Dec. 29, in Las Vegas, is out due to a herniated disc in Serra's back.

The injury not only affects UFC 79, but also threatens the viability of the long-term plan of the winner of this match facing Georges St. Pierre in the company's Montreal debut, which was tentatively scheduled for April.

Serra, the defending champion, has both a television and personal rivalry with Hughes, which developed weekly on The Ultimate Fighter reality show where they were rival coaches who did not get along. The champion was training with Matt Arroyo on Monday at Serra's gym. He was demonstrating a move when he felt something go wrong with his back, and he collapsed with pain searing through his body. He had to practically be carried to the hospital.

Serra didn't alert anyone right away, hoping that somehow things weren't as bad as he feared, and that perhaps chiropractic treatment would enable to him recover in time for the fight. But on Thursday, he told UFC officials that he there was no possible way he could fight.

"This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do," said Serra in a comment made on the UFC.com web site. "I've never had a back injury before. I could hardly get off the MRI table. There is no way I can train through this, and I'm devastated, especially because this was such an important fight. I was looking forward to fighting Matt Hughes. All my training was going phenomenally until Monday -- All I can do now is to get better and to fight again as soon as possible."

Regarding what happens next, everything is in a holding pattern for the next few days until Serra gets a diagnosis on how long he will be out of action. Hughes was told Friday morning about Serra's injury, and asked about potentially facing another opponent on Dec. 29. Hughes didn't have an immediate response, because without knowing how long Serra would be out, he couldn't make a concrete decision.

If Serra can be ready to fight in early 2008, it would make sense for Hughes to not fight on Dec. 29, and just delay the championship match.

For Hughes to agree to fight on Dec. 29, without the championship at stake, he would be risking his guaranteed title shot with a potential loss or injury. If the recovery period is extensive, UFC will have to make a decision regarding the championship, which has not been defended since Serra beat Georges St. Pierre on April 7th in Houston.

The long delay between matches was because Serra and Hughes were building up the match with being opposing coaches on the television series, which has its final episode on Dec. 5 and its finals three nights later.

According to a UFC official, if Serra is out for a long period of time and Hughes agrees to fight on Dec. 29, the two most likely candidates to for an opponent would be Jon Fitch or Thiago Alves. Josh Koscheck and Diego Sanchez are both coming off losses, and Sanchez has talked about cutting to 155.

Karo Parisyan, another potential opponent, is out with a broken hand. St. Pierre, the top contender for the title, was being held off until the planned April date. But a delay until March, which would seem to be the earliest a Serra vs. Hughes match could take place, would make an April title defense impossible.

“Shogun” to Return in February or March

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (16-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC), a longtime PRIDE fighter who made an unsuccessful UFC debut against Forrest Griffin in September, will likely return to the octagon in February or March.

The report comes from Chris Howie of MMANews.com, who quoted Chute Boxe representative Julio Heller.

According to Wednesday’s camp update, Rua is recovering nicely from a post-UFC 76 knee surgery. The 25-year-old (who turns 26 on Sunday) suffered an upset submission loss to Griffin on Sept. 22. Griffin spoiled Rua’s debut — the Brazilian had won 12 of 13 fights before the loss — with a third-round rear-naked choke.

Rua reportedly had a knee injury prior to the fight with Griffin, but the fighter made no mention of it before the fight. In a series of interviews after the event, he said he didn’t want people to think he was using the injury as an excuse.

An opponent hasn’t been named for Rua, but according to MMANews.com, his team thinks a fight with former UFC champion (and current “The Apprentice” contestant) Tito Ortiz “would be a very interesting fight.“

If the team is, indeed, looking at a February or March return, UFC 81 (Feb. 2) and UFC 82 (March 3) appear to be the most likely options.

As it stands, Rua has won 12 of his past 14 fights — nine of which came via knockout or technical knockout. PRIDE’s 2005 Grand Prix Tournament winner had fought for the Japanese-based fight organization since October 2003 and racked up victories over such notables as current UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson, Ricardo Arona and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

UFC 79 Card:

* Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

* Lyoto Machida vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

* Rich Clementi vs. Melvin Guillard

* Manny Gamburyan vs. Nate Mohr

* Soa Palalei vs. Eddie Sanchez

* Dean Lister vs. Jordan Radev

* Roan Carneiro vs. Tony DeSouza

* Mark Bocek vs. Doug Evans

UFC 79 video trailer for ‘Nemesis’

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1318905614

UFC 79 Card: