Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

yes he is the strikeforce welterweight champion. but thats strikeforce. hes paid his dues there. has he paid his dues in the ufc? does that one fight automatically qualify him as the number one contender and bump off carlos condit outright? he gets a title shot after a single fight in the ufc after being away for what? hmm, 4 years. yes you read it right, 4 long years.

you said he came in there and put on an exciting fight and be a threat to gsp? what?? him all of a sudden a threat with just a single fight after being away for four years? exciting? yeah in a way especially with the way he ran his mouth. no offense meant to his skills but clearly a title shot this early? cmon. if my arguments arent valid then dana white is a god.

just the same let me ask you bro, what if carlos condit (remember he said he wont fight anyone and wait for gsp whos injured until he got bumped off) didnt accept the koscheck fight and invoke his number conterder slot, what do you do with him now? after all he is the number contender before gsp got injured. do u just bump him off because here comes nick diaz after a four year long absence from ufc and gave bj penn a beating?

Yes, with his credentials and that fight with Penn. That qulifies him to become the number one contender. I'm not saying that Condit doesn't deserve the shot, what I'm saying is Dana White's decision is as valid as your argument. A title shot this early, you say. Why not? Dana did the same thing for Jake Shields who had a lackluster UFC debut against Kampmann. The difference between their post Strikeforce fight is that Nick won decisively. The fight being exciting? Definitely, yes. Both men came to fight and slug it out. You can see that they've been in a war, looking at their faces after the fight.

As for Condit, hats off to him for being a man for the business. I don't think he'll act like a spoiled brat for Dana taking the shot from him. Diaz didn't just bump off Condit, he was the originally the number one contender before Condit. He didn't lose the contendership because he got beaten by someone, he lost it coz of his bonehead decision to ignore Dana and his manager.

Yes, with his credentials and that fight with Penn. That qulifies him to become the number one contender. I'm not saying that Condit doesn't deserve the shot, what I'm saying is Dana White's decision is as valid as your argument. A title shot this early, you say. Why not? Dana did the same thing for Jake Shields who had a lackluster UFC debut against Kampmann. The difference between their post Strikeforce fight is that Nick won decisively. The fight being exciting? Definitely, yes. Both men came to fight and slug it out. You can see that they've been in a war, looking at their faces after the fight.

As for Condit, hats off to him for being a man for the business. I don't think he'll act like a spoiled brat for Dana taking the shot from him. Diaz didn't just bump off Condit, he was the originally the number one contender before Condit. He didn't lose the contendership because he got beaten by someone, he lost it coz of his bonehead decision to ignore Dana and his manager.

thats my point. how could you make him the number contender after just one fight? same case as shields. so whats the use of ufc's ranking system and contendership all about if youre gonna be just bumped off easily as dana white pleases so? or tell me whats the use of fighting your heart out, rack up some wins and climb up the rankings if dana white will just give the fight to anyone he wants and likes?

i aint no gsp fan, a nick diaz hater, a carlos condit supporter. im a fight fan, and find not in good taste the system is being twisted and cute little politics are played but and a big but, if thats whats best for the ufc then its gsp and diaz on feb.

after all the gripes. im still a fan. no i mean were all fans. thanks.

Agree with the points laid out here. Dana's current system suits a small league, but when the sport grows and more and more fighters join the sport, some kind of organization and system is needed in order to determine who deserves to fight who next. Current system is more fan-friendly but is really unfair for the fighters as it sends a message that popularity and not performance is what gets you fights.

@ the guys who are arguing about the Condit/Diaz title shot..the answer is very simple..its all about the MONEY..UFC's PPV significantly dropped this year..

GSP-Diaz fight is way more profitable than the GSP-Condit.the former already had a story.the classic - Good Guy vs Bad Guy..

Curious lang ako about this sunday sa Balls..kc sa US, the HW title fight is the only bout that will be aired sa FOX kahit 30 seconds lang yun laban..so, curios ako if Balls will air the prelims esp. Bendo-Guida..

ang bad3p pa nito, wlang BALLS d2 sa BUKIDNON! so, my option is to stay late for the replay on Studio23 or have a live free streaming sa bout..do u have any links?

and had someone watched prelims sa facebook?

@ the guys who are arguing about the Condit/Diaz title shot..the answer is very simple..its all about the MONEY..UFC's PPV significantly dropped this year..

GSP-Diaz fight is way more profitable than the GSP-Condit.the former already had a story.the classic - Good Guy vs Bad Guy..

Curious lang ako about this sunday sa Balls..kc sa US, the HW title fight is the only bout that will be aired sa FOX kahit 30 seconds lang yun laban..so, curios ako if Balls will air the prelims esp. Bendo-Guida..

ang bad3p pa nito, wlang BALLS d2 sa BUKIDNON! so, my option is to stay late for the replay on Studio23 or have a live free streaming sa bout..do u have any links?

yes sir. its all about the money. its business. we all know that.

were just having some healthy discussion about the title fight and side issues.

since you have no choice guess youll be stayin up late to watch the replay.

hope too that the guida bendo fight be shown.

On streaming the fights, Facebook has pretty good res and isn't as bandwidth heavy as the non official sites. If you have a really good connection and want to try looking for something in HD though, you could try looking for streams at forum.wiziwig.eu.

On the broadcast on Balls/Studio 23, checked the schedule 5 minutes ago and the program will last for 90 minutes not including the countdown show. I'm guessing they would show at least some of the bigger fights.

On GSP -Diaz/Condit, yeah, no denying the economics part. UFC has most likely already won over former WEC fans (Condit was a fomer WEC Welterweight Champ IIRC), so now it's time to win over fans of the Strikeforce promotion, thus Diaz, Cung Le, and other fighters from Strikeforce being featured on main cards. I'm not a fan of Nick Diaz either, but no denying he is good and that his record does speak volumes so no objections to giving the guy a title shot. Have a lot more opinions on the matter but the two who had discussed previously have already stated most of what I had in mind...

haha! another great picks from me. nice to see Dos Santos win, i never like cain anyway.

Marquez na lang hinihintay ko!!!

I hates you... Hahahaha.

Seriously though, I honestly think Cain's time off hurt him too much. He looked tentative and made the mistake of turtling, thus the stoppage.

Ditto on bringing Melendez. Again, Bendo has the skill set to outlast Edgar, but we'll see. Cerrone and Pettis still in the LW picture IMO, so no loss to MMA fans whatever happens.

Oh and before this dude makes his picks for 139, here goes...

Shogun - more tools, good defensive wrestling, arguably the best training partners in MMA at Black House

Cung Le - Vanderlei's chin and defense too suspect against someone who gauges distance well and has great kicks.

Bowles vs. Faber - I haven't got a clue. No picks here for now, will just do research and wait.

Kampmann - Again a more complete skill set compared to Story, and with a camp that has can train him to defend against Rick's wrestling. Suspect chin though.

@Joseph1, bro maraming salamat sa link at napanuood ko ng live yung HW bout.kxo late ako nagising at last minute na ng laban ng Bendo-guida naabutan ko..need to see the replay..

Both of my picks won..kxo prang mejo premature yung stoppage..I agree with Kalabaw that Big John should have given Cain some more time..but, at the post-fight press conference, Cain said that the stoppage is justified.

Did anyone seen the reaction of Dana when he was putting the belt at JDS? He is really upset that the fight ended that quick, considering that this is a monumental day for them. He immediately leave the stage after he put the belt..Even at the post-fight you can sense in his tone that he is very unhappy about that.He must be wishing now that Anderson didnt get injured, so he can match him up with Hendo..

I hates you... Hahahaha.

Seriously though, I honestly think Cain's time off hurt him too much. He looked tentative and made the mistake of turtling, thus the stoppage.

Ditto on bringing Melendez. Again, Bendo has the skill set to outlast Edgar, but we'll see. Cerrone and Pettis still in the LW picture IMO, so no loss to MMA fans whatever happens.

Oh and before this dude makes his picks for 139, here goes...

Shogun - more tools, good defensive wrestling, arguably the best training partners in MMA at Black House

Cung Le - Vanderlei's chin and defense too suspect against someone who gauges distance well and has great kicks.

Bowles vs. Faber - I haven't got a clue. No picks here for now, will just do research and wait.

Kampmann - Again a more complete skill set compared to Story, and with a camp that has can train him to defend against Rick's wrestling. Suspect chin though.

Bro, hnd nagte-train c Shogun sa Black House..ang member ng BlackHouse - Anderson, Machida, JDS and Noguiera Bros.

My picks @ 139.

Shogun

Wanderlei

Bowles

Kapmann