Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

try the gym at don bosco makati. look for gym instructor( his name escapes for the moment) but he is the only one there who teaches chinese internal martial arts like tai chi, hsing-i and baguazhang. he also teaches filipino martial arts.

I used to study in DBTI Makati. Maybe this PE instructor is new, because the teachers there during my time didn't teach FMA.

smart-ass, do you have any idea as to what type of FMA the PE instructor teaches and if you happen to remember his name can you please PM it to me? Thanks.

sorry novice pero nasa don bosco mandaluyong na pala. His name is Bong abenir teaches FMA kalis Ilustrisimo and pencka silat. contact number 531-666 ask if he knows someone in the makati area.

Thanks bro, I read an article before in Rapid Journal that they have Pencak Silat classes in Manda. I'll just give him a call if ever I have time to train.

BTW smart-ass, what arts are you currently training? Cheers!

boys, meron ba sa inyo na magko-compete sa URCC? most of my gym buddies would like to join (mostly instructors). ako dehins sasali. sayang naman ang gwapo kong mukha :)

to those who are planning to join and are already undergoing training, how's your training? :)

Mike V, I know the matchmaker for the URCC. Just PM me and I'll give you his contact number. :cool:

BTW, what martial arts are your gym buddies training in?

i'm into boxing now. i'm trying to hit 170 lbs from my present 195 lbs so that i could go for a 3 round bout at sta. cruz manila. i'm looking for a sparring partner close to my frame. is there someone out there interested?

Pabling, how long have you've been boxing? Where do you train? I might be able to help you get some sparring time. There's not a lot of guys out there who can match up with you in weight, but I think I can arrange something. We'll have to do an assesment of how far you are skills wise as well as conditioning, then we can find someone who can spar with you. If you are just starting out to train (less than a year), it's ideal to find someone who can control the fight to avoid the risk of injury. The last thing you want is to have two newbies going at it at full throttle. It could get nastier with the bigger boys, just one punch can do a lot of damage.

try the gym at don bosco makati. look for gym instructor( his name escapes for the moment) but he is the only one there who teaches chinese internal martial arts like tai chi, hsing-i and baguazhang. he also teaches filipino martial arts.

Hmm, thanks for thetip dude.

Does he teach classes?

I mean, I don't think that I can just walk up to him and say: "Teach me your Kung-Fu, Master". :D

fahfrd nasa don bosco mandaluyong. he is quite approachable, just show some courtesy and genuine interest. may principio ang mga iyan. you have to show the proper frame of mind to be accepted as a student. it's not just the money. may parang trial period siya. if they don't think you are sincere and good natured, they can ask you to leave politely

novice i am into baguazhang for the past 4 months. hope have the patience to continue. it is private tutoring. hindi sigurado if i make the cut. in my earlier years i studied modern arnis for 3yrs in their quiapo gym. and was later introduced to cinco teros style arnis. i also know a little boxing and combat judo.

novice i am into baguazhang for the past 4 months. hope have the patience to continue. it is private tutoring. hindi sigurado if i make the cut. in my earlier years i studied modern arnis for 3yrs in their quiapo gym. and was later introduced to cinco teros style arnis. i also know a little boxing and combat judo.

Cool! As for me I trained in freestyle kickboxing for some months at a gym near our place and I have a couple of months of grappling training. If you don't mind me asking, what's baguazhang?

baguazhang is one of the three major chinese internal martial arts. the other two being taichi chuan, and hsing-i. it is also known as trigram boxing or the bodyguard style. it is the least popular of the internal styles. i was very lucky to have found someone who introduced me to his teacher. my training is still probationary. i can be easily as to leave if i anyway disatify my teacher.

fahfrd nasa don bosco mandaluyong. he is quite approachable, just show some courtesy and genuine interest. may principio ang mga iyan. you have to show the proper frame of mind to be accepted as a student. it's not just the money. may parang trial period siya. if they don't think you are sincere and good natured, they can ask you to leave politely

Hmm, tahnks dude.

Medyo malayo lang ang Mandaluyong sa aming.

Guys, anyone else have any idea where I can study Tai Chi and other Chinese Martial Arts in the Makati area?

Thanks.

baguazhang is one of the three major chinese internal martial arts. the other two being taichi chuan, and hsing-i. it is also known as trigram boxing or the bodyguard style. it is the least popular of the internal styles. i was very lucky to have found someone who introduced me to his teacher. my training is still probationary. i can be easily as to leave if i anyway disatify my teacher.

SmartAss, does your teacher accept other students?

Does he also teach Tai Chi?

to flipo and high voltage lover,

Are you talking about the JKD Perico style or the original JKD?

snowflake

hi snowflake...why? do you know any dojo or instructors that teaches jeet kune do?

i'm interested in the original jkd. but i hve read somewhere that currently there are no certified jkd instructors here in the phil..if you know of one please tell us the details...thnks..

fahfrd sorry bro, by referal lang nakilala ko ang aking teacher. you should try ymca makati ask around. you might get lucky someone refers you to somebody who knows somebody. talagang mahirap makatagpo ng good teacher who is willing to take you in as a student.....it took me 2 to 3 years just to gain their trust.