Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

money on machida for the reason that i don't like tito much, but hell put machida in the octagon with the likes of forrest

griffin (who i also don't like much) bigger f#&ks who can and will not shy out to stand and trade with him, and his streak

will break. the streak you mentioned was like won mostly by decisions, i dunno about that but i didn't like sylvia coz he

fought for decisions and i don't think you like decisions as well. but yeah he'll make it big, just not my type of champion

who wins fights mostly by decisions...

I doubt it if Forrest will stand a chance against Machida for the reason that he's style compliment that of Machida's, and I

have yet to see a fighter that would match or even defeat Machida's cerebral style of fighting. I dont know what is wrong

with fights that go the distance, but to me, it is equally exciting and, sometimes, even more fun to watch than fights that

ends in TKO or submission... Even exciting fighters sometimes resort to going the distance once they realize that they would go nowhere if they plan to end the fight in fashion (I dont know if you all know about this, but in UFC, a fighter gets extra dough once he ends the match in style, e.i., TKO, submission)...

Personally, I dont like Machida's style the same way I dont like the tacticians/counter-punchers in boxing, but you just cant deny the fact that Lyoto is a prototype of a complete fighter, deadly on stand-up as well as on ground, and Dana White is beginning to notice that... And besides, we watch fights mainly because of the fighters and not because of his style...

I doubt it. He isnt as marketable. Also look who is in line: We know Griffin has it next. If JArdine beats Silva, he should

get it. If Chuck beat Shogan, he's in line. If Silva beat Jardine, he'll fight Chuck again. Winner then gets a shot. I don't

see Machida getting a shot. Also if Griffin beat JAckson, a rematch will be before MAchida. MAchida has to win a few more fights. He is the 205 version of Jon Fitch pertaining to getting a shot at the belt. Fitch gets winner of GSP-Serra, but he

had to win 8 in a row first. Machida is half way there..lol

Highly unlikely. First off, its Liddell vs. Evans (Shogun's injured), so, whoever wins here will get the title shot

regardless of who will win between Forrest and Rampage. Second, rematch, with regards to current holder and the dethroned dont happen right away in UFC because its just not in their books, its not as simple as that, so if Rampage lost his title, he would have to go at the back of the line and work his way to a title shot...

The way I see it, since Rampage-Griffin is locked and loaded now, if Lyoto wins against Tito, he will fight the winner between Wandy and Jardine (dont expect Jardine to get a title shot if he wins, he was f#&ked by Alexander and he did not win the fight against Chuck, Chuck lose it), and this fight will determine who gets the title shot, whoever will be the champion by that time... So, it would be at least one fight before Machida gets the title shot, but that all depends on the business aspect of the UFC, the scheduling and injuries will play a big part in fights, coupled by great showings of other fighters...

Alexander is so stiff, even his head movement.I like that dude, but he just doesn't have it. He should fight Tim Boetsch. He'll probably be picked apart also. ;)

The problem with Alexander is his glass jaw and being alien on the ground, hehehehhe! He better assess himself if he really wants to stay longer in MMA... Or better yet, hook up with Brandon Vera and his training camp...

g'evening MMA fans. tuloy po yung Fearless tonight @ Metrowalk. Admission is free. 8pm. Our client is one of the major sponsors of that event, Pls. check zilawear.com for your MMA fight clothing needs. Yung shopping cart ng site is under construction though, but we have all the products in that site ready. So good news to sa atin. especially to the MMA practitioners, trainers, and students of the art. :thumbsupsmiley:

i beg to disagree with machida being a complete fighter, a complete fighter kasi para sa akin finishes fights parang si spider silva now yun, that guy is a complete fighter. and si karo naman, he was a complete baby pagka talo nya sa ultimate fight night, mwehehehe ibang klase yung tantrum nya! i like the guy but i don't like the way he handled that loss. ^_^

ganda ng laban din ni frank shamrock & cung le, too bad sabog yung braso ni shamrock sa kaka sanga sa paa ni cung le tas yun pa tinarget ni cung le. new strikeforce WW champ si cung le!

he beat Schiltz already in 02. his first fight in Pride

yeah i know... what i meant was... IF he did the same way as he beat Hong Man Choi to schiltz then i'll be impressed. we all know that Hong Man Choi is/was a k1 fighter so beating a guy w/ very limited ground skills are not that impressive at all...

Edited by o0onapstero0o
I doubt it if Forrest will stand a chance against Machida for the reason that he's style compliment that of Machida's, and I

have yet to see a fighter that would match or even defeat Machida's cerebral style of fighting. I dont know what is wrong

with fights that go the distance, but to me, it is equally exciting and, sometimes, even more fun to watch than fights that

ends in TKO or submission... Even exciting fighters sometimes resort to going the distance once they realize that they would go nowhere if they plan to end the fight in fashion (I dont know if you all know about this, but in UFC, a fighter gets extra dough once he ends the match in style, e.i., TKO, submission)...

Personally, I dont like Machida's style the same way I dont like the tacticians/counter-punchers in boxing, but you just cant deny the fact that Lyoto is a prototype of a complete fighter, deadly on stand-up as well as on ground, and Dana White is beginning to notice that... And besides, we watch fights mainly because of the fighters and not because of his style...

Highly unlikely. First off, its Liddell vs. Evans (Shogun's injured), so, whoever wins here will get the title shot

regardless of who will win between Forrest and Rampage. Second, rematch, with regards to current holder and the dethroned dont happen right away in UFC because its just not in their books, its not as simple as that, so if Rampage lost his title, he would have to go at the back of the line and work his way to a title shot...

The way I see it, since Rampage-Griffin is locked and loaded now, if Lyoto wins against Tito, he will fight the winner between Wandy and Jardine (dont expect Jardine to get a title shot if he wins, he was f#&ked by Alexander and he did not win the fight against Chuck, Chuck lose it), and this fight will determine who gets the title shot, whoever will be the champion by that time... So, it would be at least one fight before Machida gets the title shot, but that all depends on the business aspect of the UFC, the scheduling and injuries will play a big part in fights, coupled by great showings of other fighters...

Rematches are often quick in UFC. Remember Sylvia and Arlovski 2 and 3? Couture and Liddell, Couture only had one fight between Couture-Liddell 2 and 3. Jardine f#&ked up Griffin before he was beaten by Alexander, then he beat Liddell. The fact that Griffin gets a shot after he beat Shogun, although dominating, is all about marketing. Ultimate Fighter 7 is on right now. If Jardine beats Silva, he deserves a shot. If Silva wins, there are talks of a Silva-Liddell for Dec. The fact that Liddell already lost to Rampage twice makes it hard for Liddell to get a shot this year. But I still see Liddell ahead of Lyoto in terms of getting a shot. Now if Lyoto just schools Tito, then UFC will have a hard time denying him of a chance. But they can still have Lyoto fight Jardine or Evans if the both guys win against Silva and Liddell. Then fight for belt.

The problem with Alexander is his glass jaw and being alien on the ground, hehehehhe! He better assess himself if he really wants to stay longer in MMA... Or better yet, hook up with Brandon Vera and his training camp...

The guy lives in Nebraska. WTF is in Nebraska? Unless it's football, you won't get the best training available. Yep, it's all about the camp. Brandon Vera actually trained with James Irvin for this fight in Fairtex in SF. So did the Cesar Gracie camp that fought in EliteXC. :thumbsupsmiley:

and alot of cans...

fedor should be fighting randy, barnet or arlovski to retain his best p4p status...

but his "alleged" $2M asking price per fight is crazy, Its more than the total payroll of a normal UFC event.

I totally agree. Fedor asking for that much is bullshit. UFC will never pay him that much, EliteXC already said no.

i beg to disagree with machida being a complete fighter, a complete fighter kasi para sa akin finishes fights parang si spider silva now yun, that guy is a complete fighter. and si karo naman, he was a complete baby pagka talo nya sa ultimate fight night, mwehehehe ibang klase yung tantrum nya! i like the guy but i don't like the way he handled that loss. ^_^

ganda ng laban din ni frank shamrock & cung le, too bad sabog yung braso ni shamrock sa kaka sanga sa paa ni cung le tas yun pa tinarget ni cung le. new strikeforce WW champ si cung le!

I agree that with you that Machida isnt a complete...yet. The fight with Tito will tell us a lot about him. He is getting better by every fight though. That Black House Camp with Nog,Machida,Silva is nuts. It could be possible that they can hold all 3 the titles at the same time. I don't think a camp has done that before. I know Miletich did 2 out of 3 belts (LW and MW had no belts).

I was up in my feet the whole fight! That was amazing. What was funny, I told my brother that Cung Le will break Shamrocks arm during the 2nd round. I mean, no forearm can take that much punishment! So when they stopped the fight at the end of the third and they said due to a broken arm, I was dying laughing. BTW, Frank had a 5hr surgery for that forearm. He said in his site he felt the crack during the first. It gotten worst during the second, then just went out of place during the third on that final kick. I think I would've quit at the first round since I know Le would just keep throwing those damn kicks at me, I guess that's why im not a fighter... :lol: Those two deserves a lot of credit for the performance. RESPECT! :thumbsupsmiley:

I totally agree. Fedor asking for that much is bullshit. UFC will never pay him that much, EliteXC already said no.

2m per fight? WTF... thats what you get w/ an hyped fighter fedor... but if he really thinks he can beat the hell out of ufc heavyweights then sign w/ the org already and stop making ridiculous demands and fight already!

yeah i know... what i meant was... IF he did the same way as he beat Hong Man Choi to schiltz then i'll be impressed. we all know that Hong Man Choi is/was a k1 fighter so beating a guy w/ very limited ground skills are not that impressive at all...

Fedor pulls armbars and kimuras on people like crazy. Not that it matters but Hong Man Choi can beat Fedor in Rap and Dancing, that boy has skills. :lol:

UFC Fight Night 13 Results

Preliminary Card

Welterweight bout: Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

Johnson wins by KO (punch) at 0:51 of round 1.

Welterweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Roman Mitichyan

Sotiropoulos wins by TKO (strikes) at 2:24 of round 2.

Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo

Guida wins by TKO (strikes) at 4:15 of round 1. T

Lightweight bout: Manvel Gamburyan vs. Jeff Cox

Gamburyan wins by submission (guillotine choke) at 1:21 of round1.

Lightweight bout: Marcus Aurelio vs. Ryan Roberts

Aurelio wins by submission (armbar) at 0:16 of round 1.

Lightweight bout: Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas

Neer wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the bout 30-27.

Main Card

Light heavyweight bout: Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin

Irvin defeats Alexander by TKO (punches) at 0:08 of round 1. Irvin ties the record for the UFC's fastest Knockout. Irvin earned Knockout of the Night honors.

Lightweight bout: Nathan Diaz vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Diaz defeats Pellegrino by submission (triangle choke) at 3:06 of round 2. Diaz earned Submission of the Night honors.

Light heavyweight bout: Matt Hamill vs. Tim Boetsch

Hamill defeats Tim Boetsch by TKO (strikes) at 1:25 of round 2.

Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs. Thiago Alves

Alves defeats Parisyan by TKO (strikes) at 0:34 of round 2.

Lightweight bout: Frank Edgar vs. Gray Maynard

Maynard wins by unanimous decision. All 3 judges scored the bout 30-27.

Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon

Florian defeats Lauzon by TKO (punches) at 3:28 of round 2. Both men earned Fight of the Night honors.

wow, talo ulit si houston alexander, napigil ang pag-soar nya sa light heavyweight division, 2 consecutive losses na siya..

sayang talo si karo parisyan..yey! panalo si nate diaz :)

yes talo na naman si houston alexander. knock out agad ng superman punch ni james irvin.

early stoppage naman sa laban ni Karo. Bad call Steve Mazzagati :thumbsdownsmiley:

wow, talo ulit si houston alexander, napigil ang pag-soar nya sa light heavyweight division, 2 consecutive losses na siya..

sayang talo si karo parisyan..yey! panalo si nate diaz :)

^ 8 freaking seconds... unbelievable...

overall, a great card except for the Karo - Alves fight, which was stopped a fraction of a second too early... imagine what UFC 83 will be like if they curn out gems like this on free tv...