Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

bangis tlga spider! precision striker! si hendo dapat baba na ng weight class pra may ka-match na si spider silva hihihi

buti nasa strikeforce na si babalu! idol!

maganda siguro sign nila ulit si frank shamrock tas palaban nila kay spider pra makita ko kung pano mabugbog si frankie boy. hehehe

si cro cop filipovich ba ano na balita sa kanya? sana bumalik na siya sa kanyang winning form, balikan nya si kongo tas patikimin nya ng mga 45 nya pra makabawi siya.

brandon vera will be back! onting praktis pa pra ma-feel nya ulit ang init sa loob ng octagon! ^_^

wandy vs chuck! wandy ako! hehehe

it seems that Matt Lindland wants to beat up The Spider.

here's the interview...

“If somebody had somebody out there, like say Anderson Silva, that needed to get beat up, I’d be more than happy to step in the ropes and take him on. I think that would be a great match up stylistic wise…. His striking is, I think, the best in MMA. I don’t think anybody else uses their striking skills as good as he does. I think my wrestling is the best in MMA. And I think I’d like to match up with him and see if I can close the distance and put him on the ground and out maneuver him on the ground, or see if he can keep the distance and create that space that he needs to do damage. And he doesn’t need much space. I would love to get back in [the UFC]. If they want to deal like professional businessmen, I would love to work with them. I just want to do it professionally and put everything into a contract because this is a business, and it’s my profession, and it’s how I do business…. I would love to come fight for that organization. They’ve got a lot of good talent. They put on a good show. They’ve got a great product. They understand how to market this sport. They understand how to promote. They’ve got a lot of good things going on for them, but they’re inflexible. It’s either our way or beat it.”

Gonzaga vs Werdum in ufc 80

The Carioca Gabriel “Napao” GOnzaga finally shall have a chance to avenge his knockout loss to Fabricio Werdum in Jungle Fight 1, in September, 2003. Marco Alvan, leader of Team Link confirmed today exclusively to GRACIEMAG.com that the battle between the black belts will take place in January, at UFC 80, in Newcastle, England.

Napao is recovering from a fractured nose, suffered during his loss to Randy Couture, in August. Werdum, though, has been training hard with his new team, Chute Boxe, since his loss to the Belarusian Andrei Arlovski in April.

“They fought at different times, Napao was 10kg lighter and was not originally on the card. The fight was offered to him at the last moment and they said there was a change in adversary and it would be Werdum. The two have progressed a lot and have what it takes to put on a great fight. Napao thinks the first fight was good and that this one will be even better. He accepted the proposal the minute it was offered,” declared Alvan.

Wanderlei Silva: I'm Going To Knock Out Chuck

“I’m training hard, I only fight to win,” Silva stated. “I want to come back to the top and fighting with Chuck now is the best moment for me. In the next 2 years, I will give you the best of my career. For me this is the opportunity to come back to the top. First, I’m going to knock out Chuck and after I want the belt.”

Kimbo To Fight Bo Cantrell At Elite XC Renegade

If no body backs out or gets hurt this go around Kimbo will finally get to fight.

Bo Cantrell has stepped in for the injured Mike Bourke and will fight Kimbo Slice on November, 10th at American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas. The fight is set to be aired on Showtime with the televised portion starting around 10pm EST.

Mike Bourke injured his shoulder and dropped himself from the fight Monday. Bo Cantrell was asked to be the replacement fighter and quickly signed on. Bo “Redrum” Cantrell carries a 10-10 record and has lost his last 4 fights in a row. The last fight being by Gogoplata to Brad Imes.

Cantrell isn’t quite the superstar that Kimbo fans had hoped he would fight but most will be glad just to have him finally fight again.

Din Thomas Arrested Faces A Felony For Running Illegal Cage Fighting

PORT ST. LUCIE, FLORIDA — Din Thomas was arrested Tuesday because police say he ran what they called,“illegal cage fighting” bouts at a workout and training studio that he helps run, a police spokesman informed.

Thomas is facing a felony for a prohibited competitions charge after police recieved a tip October, 19th about the bouts being held at a facility he uses in St. Lucie West.

Officers said they witnessed two men fighting in an octagon-shaped cage surrounded by about 150 spectators. The fights reportedly were not licensed.

Florida’s Boxing Commission, which is part of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, regulates and licenses professional boxing and MMA in Florida.

A local officer stated,“At the end of the day, he was having a professional mixed martial arts match that was not licensed through us. It was a case of unlicensed activity.”

overall, its boring

but a lot of accomplished pride fighteres will make their debut

I agree. walang kwenta yung main event. hindi naman ako nagagalingan kay Rashad Evans at kay Michael Bisping. I think they are boring. Sana lang makabawi na lang sila sa undercard. Hoping maganda yung laban nila Karo Parisyan vs. Ryo Chonan and Houston Alexander vs. Thiago Silva.

Phil Baroni’s Steroid Suspension Shortend

The California State Athletic Commission ruled to cut Baroni’s steroid suspension in half on Wednesday. Baroni tested positive for stanozolol and boldenone following his submission defeat to Frank Shamrock on June 22 in San Jose.

The CSAC had originally ruled to suspend Baroni for one year but dropped it down to 6 months after hearing his side of the case. He will be eligible to return in December after the reduction but the initial fine of $2500 was upheld.

any thoughts/idea about the fight card of UFC 78?

^ i agree, the main event is kinda bleh.. i'm looking forward to Chonan vs. Karo, i'm hoping it's gonna be a grapplefest (as is always the case with Karo with his Judo).. interesting din is the Silva-Alexander fight, might see THE true test for Houston..

i'm just waiting for Hughes-Serra (UFC 79) & BJ vs. Joe Daddy (interim LW Title match, probably in UFC 80) to happen to be honest.. :lol:

ano ba tong si Fedor, ayaw pang mag-sign sa UFC.. nawawalan tuloy sko ng bilib sa kanya.. mukhang on paper lang na #1 pound for pound sya..

klan ba huling laban nya?! LHW pa kalaban nya ata nun if i'm not mistaken..

IS FEDOR OVER-RATED?!

Kasi nag sign na sya ng contract with M-1 kaya hindi na sya pwede mag sign pa with UFC. Kaya nga nag retire na si Randy Couture from UFC kasi hindi na nila na acquire si Fedor Emelianenko. And his reason is he's not getting younger and he wants to fight with the best.

Last nyang nakalaban si Matt Lindland on April 14, 2007.

ano ba tong si Fedor, ayaw pang mag-sign sa UFC.. nawawalan tuloy sko ng bilib sa kanya.. mukhang on paper lang na #1 pound for pound sya..

klan ba huling laban nya?! LHW pa kalaban nya ata nun if i'm not mistaken..

IS FEDOR OVER-RATED?!

i wonder why he settled for an organization that has less i mean no competition at all

anyway, my mom said brandon vera is trainging richard guttierez for an upcoming telepantasya in GMA

hahah

i wonder why he settled for an organization that has less i mean no competition at all

anyway, my mom said brandon vera is trainging richard guttierez for an upcoming telepantasya in GMA

hahah

maybe because of money.

:lol: bakit kailangan si Brandon Vera pa ang kailangan mag train? san naman gagamitin ni Richard Guttierez ang BJJ? May fight scenes ba na on ground sila dun? :D

Shogun talks about a fight with Tito Ortiz:

"I don’t choose my opponents but I can fight Ortiz, no problem. Now that I have a recent defeat I will need to prove that I can have the UFC belt and Ortiz is probably living with the same situation. There is good chance for this fight to happen.”

UFC 80: BJ Penn vs. Joe Stevenson for interim lightweight title

Lightweights BJ Penn (11-4-1) and Joe Stevenson (28-7) will fight for the interim 155-pound UFC belt at UFC 80 in Newcastle, England, on January 19, according to Yahoo!Sports.com.

Current division champ Sean Sherk will remain champion, however. He will not be stripped of the strap regardless of the outcome during a November 13 appeal hearing before the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) for a failed steroid test.

Here’s a snip:

“White said he’s not going to strip Sherk of his lightweight championship because he is fed up with the California Athletic Commission’s handling of Sherk’s steroids case. He said Penn and Stevenson … will fight for the interim title as the main event of UFC 80 … The winner of that bout would then presumably face Sherk once Sherk’s status is defined by the commission.”

nakita ko si Brandon train si Richard Gutierrez. Mukhang pinagkagastuhan talaga ng GMA ang upcoming show ni Richard.

now back to MMA usapan ulet

UFC Ultimate Fighter 7 Now Taking Applications

The Spike TV reality series The Ultimate Fighter 7 is now taking applications for this seasons contestants.The application deadline for want to be cast members is Monday, Nov. 26. Casting for the show will likely be concluded by January, and the filming will begin in April.

The rumor is that they will be selecting middleweight fighters this time but weight class has not been determined and neither have season 7’s celebrity coaches. Once Spike TV and the UFC acquire two coaches, the weight class will be announced officially.

Applications can be obtained online at UFC.com. Applicants must send a video that includes a personal interview and fight/training footage. You must be 21 years old or older. Be ready because all applicants will be drug tested, and background checks will also be conducted. Good Luck!

sali na kayo. hehehe!

i wonder why he has a wrap on his hands

he's proven negative for any inuries after the fight

he broke his hand during the sylvia fight.

because the UFC won't let him fight Sambo in Russia while signed to a UFC contract. m-1 was willing to pay him more money and let him fight Sambo. Dana droppped the ball by not signing the world's no. 1 heavyweight.

if m-1 has the money it says it has, and if they treat their fighters well, in a year or two all the top names will move to m-1. A lot of fighters have been complaining on how the UFC does business with its fighters, and if Dana doesn't check that somebody else that knows how to take care of its people will pick them up.

your mom rocks if she knows who brandon is.

OFFICIAL: BROCK LESNAR vs. FRANK MIR UFC 81

11/05/2007

Super Bowl Showdown set between Lesnar and MirBy Thomas Gerbasi

In a classic case of putting your money where your mouth is, new UFC signee Brock Lesnar – who has made no bones about wanting to fight the best the heavyweight division has to offer – will make his Octagon debut at UFC 81 on February 2nd against none other than former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir.

The bout will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on the eve of Super Bowl XLII.

“It’s an interesting matchup,” said UFC President Dana White. “Lesnar is a great wrestler, a good athlete, and this is definitely gonna be a big test for him. Frank Mir is a former world champion who is coming off a big win over Antoni Hardonk, and he’s looking to get his career back on track while Lesnar’s looking to walk into the UFC and prove what type of fighter he’s gonna be by trying to knock him off.”

more at UFC.com