Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

that was just his first lost in the ufc and all you fools are frustrated give homeboy a break he just fought with a broken hand and ring rust

and the lady begins the name callings

silva is still a striker, but now, he's a much better striker. he's extrememly confident. he knows no one can take the belt from him this time.

filho will be a great matchup. but will he go to ufc?

as for lawler, he's definitely explosive, but ill still give the edge to silva

i feel sorry for franklin. takot na takot lalo an yung nasasaktan. nakakawa yung expression ng mata niya.

Great News Everyone!

ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP® ANNOUNCES

CHUCK LIDDELL vs. WANDERLEI SILVA

UFC 79: NEMESIS

SATURDAY, DEC. 29

LIVE FROM MANDALAY BAY EVENTS CENTER

Tickets on Sale Now

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – For years, UFC® fight fans have speculated about the outcome of a historic dream matchup between two legendary figures in the sport of mixed martial arts, Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva. Tonight, on Spike TV’s 2007 Scream Awards, UFC President Dana White announced that dream will finally become a reality when UFC and PRIDE former champions Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell and “The Axe Murderer” Wanderlei Silva face each other at UFC 79: NEMESIS live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center Saturday, December 29, 2007.

“Chuck and Wanderlei – two legends in the sport – will face off in the most important match of their careers at UFC 79,” said Dana White, UFC President. “Chuck and Wanderlei have both wanted this fight for as long as they can remember, and this is definitely the fight that fans have waited for years to see. Finally, PRIDE’s most dangerous striker will face the UFC’s most dangerous striker, and the world will know after years of speculation who will win and who will lose this fight.”

Tickets for UFC 79: NEMESIS are on sale now and are priced at $1,000, $750, $500, $300, $200 and $100. Tickets are available through any Mandalay Bay box office and all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers, Macy’s West at the Fashion Show Mall and Ritmo Latino). To charge by phone with a major credit card, call the Mandalay Bay box office at (702) 632-7580 or Ticketmaster at (702) 474-4000. Tickets also are available for purchase at www.ufc.com, www.mandalaybay.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

A special Internet ticket pre-sale is available now to UFC newsletter subscribers. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through www.ufc.com.

There also will be a special auction for Octagon-side floor seats available only through www.ticketmaster.com starting Wednesday, October 24 and ending Monday, November 5.

UFC 79: NEMESIS is available live on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, Bell ExpressVu, Shaw Communications and Viewer’s Choice Canada for a suggested retail price of $39.95 ($39.99 CAD) and $49.95 for HD where available.

Liddell (20-5), considered by many to be the greatest light heavyweight fighter of all time, reigned as the 205-pound UFC champion for over three years. He knocked out seven opponents in seven consecutive fights, including Randy Couture (twice), Vernon White, Jeremy Horn, Renato “Babalu” Sobral and Tito Ortiz (twice), before he was defeated by Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 71 in May. Chuck now returns to the Octagon to face the fighter he has wanted to fight for years – Wanderlei Silva.

“I’m excited this fight with Wanderlei is finally happening,” said Liddell. “I’ve been saying for a long time that, given the chance, I would knock Wanderlei Silva out. I think this will be a great fight for the fans, and one that lives up to their expectations, because I’m going to hit him until he falls down and stays down.”

The 31-year old Silva (31-7-1), known by fight fans as “The Axe Murderer” for his ultra-aggressive style and finishing ability, began his career almost 11 years ago in his native Brazil, fighting in Vale Tudo bouts that pushed him to the limit as he honed the skills that would soon make him one of the most feared fighters on the planet. He met great success by winning the PRIDE organization’s middleweight championship and defeating the likes of current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson (twice), Dan Henderson, Kazushi Sakuraba (three times), Ricardo Arona, Hidehiko Yoshida, and Kazuyuki Fujita, while engaging in some of the most memorable fights in MMA history. Well-rested after his February PRIDE fight against Dan Henderson, Silva is ready to take on Liddell and secure the most important victory of his mixed martial arts career.

“I’ve wanted to fight Chuck for a long time,” said Silva. “I think about this fight a lot, our styles are very similar – we are both great strikers. I’m training very hard, because I want to give my next victory to my fans. After I beat Chuck, then I want to fight the champion.”

In addition to Liddell vs. Silva, UFC 79 features the main event welterweight championship matchup between UFC champion Matt Serra (16-4) and former UFC champion Matt Hughes (43-5).

Current UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra, fresh off his knockout victory over Georges St-Pierre in April, looks to defend his title for the first time against the legendary Hughes and secure his own legacy in the UFC 170-pound division. Hughes, a two-time UFC champion with seven combined title defenses to his name, has a deadly ground game that has earned him wins over St-Pierre, BJ Penn, Chris Lytle, Royce Gracie, and Frank Trigg (twice).

Great News Everyone!

ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP® ANNOUNCES

CHUCK LIDDELL vs. WANDERLEI SILVA

UFC 79: NEMESIS

SATURDAY, DEC. 29

LIVE FROM MANDALAY BAY EVENTS CENTER

Tickets on Sale Now

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – For years, UFC® fight fans have speculated about the outcome of a historic dream matchup between two legendary figures in the sport of mixed martial arts, Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva. Tonight, on Spike TV’s 2007 Scream Awards, UFC President Dana White announced that dream will finally become a reality when UFC and PRIDE former champions Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell and “The Axe Murderer” Wanderlei Silva face each other at UFC 79: NEMESIS live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center Saturday, December 29, 2007.

“Chuck and Wanderlei – two legends in the sport – will face off in the most important match of their careers at UFC 79,” said Dana White, UFC President. “Chuck and Wanderlei have both wanted this fight for as long as they can remember, and this is definitely the fight that fans have waited for years to see. Finally, PRIDE’s most dangerous striker will face the UFC’s most dangerous striker, and the world will know after years of speculation who will win and who will lose this fight.”

Tickets for UFC 79: NEMESIS are on sale now and are priced at $1,000, $750, $500, $300, $200 and $100. Tickets are available through any Mandalay Bay box office and all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers, Macy’s West at the Fashion Show Mall and Ritmo Latino). To charge by phone with a major credit card, call the Mandalay Bay box office at (702) 632-7580 or Ticketmaster at (702) 474-4000. Tickets also are available for purchase at www.ufc.com, www.mandalaybay.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

A special Internet ticket pre-sale is available now to UFC newsletter subscribers. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through www.ufc.com.

There also will be a special auction for Octagon-side floor seats available only through www.ticketmaster.com starting Wednesday, October 24 and ending Monday, November 5.

UFC 79: NEMESIS is available live on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, Bell ExpressVu, Shaw Communications and Viewer’s Choice Canada for a suggested retail price of $39.95 ($39.99 CAD) and $49.95 for HD where available.

Liddell (20-5), considered by many to be the greatest light heavyweight fighter of all time, reigned as the 205-pound UFC champion for over three years. He knocked out seven opponents in seven consecutive fights, including Randy Couture (twice), Vernon White, Jeremy Horn, Renato “Babalu” Sobral and Tito Ortiz (twice), before he was defeated by Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 71 in May. Chuck now returns to the Octagon to face the fighter he has wanted to fight for years – Wanderlei Silva.

“I’m excited this fight with Wanderlei is finally happening,” said Liddell. “I’ve been saying for a long time that, given the chance, I would knock Wanderlei Silva out. I think this will be a great fight for the fans, and one that lives up to their expectations, because I’m going to hit him until he falls down and stays down.”

The 31-year old Silva (31-7-1), known by fight fans as “The Axe Murderer” for his ultra-aggressive style and finishing ability, began his career almost 11 years ago in his native Brazil, fighting in Vale Tudo bouts that pushed him to the limit as he honed the skills that would soon make him one of the most feared fighters on the planet. He met great success by winning the PRIDE organization’s middleweight championship and defeating the likes of current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson (twice), Dan Henderson, Kazushi Sakuraba (three times), Ricardo Arona, Hidehiko Yoshida, and Kazuyuki Fujita, while engaging in some of the most memorable fights in MMA history. Well-rested after his February PRIDE fight against Dan Henderson, Silva is ready to take on Liddell and secure the most important victory of his mixed martial arts career.

“I’ve wanted to fight Chuck for a long time,” said Silva. “I think about this fight a lot, our styles are very similar – we are both great strikers. I’m training very hard, because I want to give my next victory to my fans. After I beat Chuck, then I want to fight the champion.”

In addition to Liddell vs. Silva, UFC 79 features the main event welterweight championship matchup between UFC champion Matt Serra (16-4) and former UFC champion Matt Hughes (43-5).

Current UFC welterweight champion Matt Serra, fresh off his knockout victory over Georges St-Pierre in April, looks to defend his title for the first time against the legendary Hughes and secure his own legacy in the UFC 170-pound division. Hughes, a two-time UFC champion with seven combined title defenses to his name, has a deadly ground game that has earned him wins over St-Pierre, BJ Penn, Chris Lytle, Royce Gracie, and Frank Trigg (twice).

it's about time. again, this is a good way to end the year. WITH A BANG!!!

i'll go with silva over liddell, i hope this would be a knockout match.

Kaya niluluto ang Liddel vs Silva para kay Rampage....Tsk, it's hard to say pero parang pera pera ang laban parang walang proper ladder ang UFC para maging contender sa belt. <_<

It is because walang governing body ang MMA, kaya nga sa UFC ay madaming bypassing na nangyayari... And I can't even count kung ilang title fights na ang nangyari sa UFC na dapat ay hindi yung sa tingin natin ay ranked and poised to become a contender for a belt.

It is because walang governing body ang MMA, kaya nga sa UFC ay madaming bypassing na nangyayari... And I can't even count kung ilang title fights na ang nangyari sa UFC na dapat ay hindi yung sa tingin natin ay ranked and poised to become a contender for a belt.

in addition, walang mga other MMA bodies/tournaments in different location or countries na pwedeng maging qualifying tournaments para makapasok sa UFC. Seems centralized lang everything sa UFC, sila na bahalang mag match match ng mga fighter.

It would nice sana kung may mga elimination na ginagawa in Asia, Europe, America and other continents then kung sino ang mag champion doon yung ang mga possible belt contender.

silva is still a striker, but now, he's a much better striker. he's extrememly confident. he knows no one can take the belt from him this time.

filho will be a great matchup. but will he go to ufc?

as for lawler, he's definitely explosive, but ill still give the edge to silva

i feel sorry for franklin. takot na takot lalo an yung nasasaktan. nakakawa yung expression ng mata niya.

^ Filho vs. Silva will be a tough sell for both guys, mainly because they're on the same team (or they're good friends, both i think are true). it would be a great fight though, & it could be another title unification fight, with WEC champ Filho fighting UFC champ Silva.

Robbie Lawler is definitely explosive; go ask Murilo "Ninja" Rua about it. however, pitting him against a very accurate striker like Silva won't be a pretty sight. think of it as Cro Cop - Wanderlei Silva 2 (PRIDE OWGP Semis), with Lawler as WAND & Silva as Cro Cop. either way, good fight. too bad it won't happen cause Robbie's the ICON Sport champ, & ICON Sport is part of the ProElite umbrella.

i felt bad for Rich too when he lost for the 2nd time, this time probably more than when he lost the 1st time. what's good though is that Rich doesn't make excuses and stories to cover the fact that he was outclassed by Silva.

there are other promotions in other parts of the world, but the UFC doesn't play with other promos.

^ exactly. the UFC has this iron curtain thing regarding their fighters, with the exclusivity and all. on the other side, everybody else is teaming up. ProElite is working with almost everybody (probably because ProElite owns most of the promotions out there), but they really don't have exclusivity clauses. even the OG promotions like Pancrase, DEEP, & Shooto don't have that.

damn, ganda ng mga incoming matchups..excited na ko manuod ng mga events ng UFC..

i hope UFC changes their ways at mas maging open sila with cooperating with other fight leagues in the future..nanghihinayang pa din ako na hinde natuloy yun Fedor vs. Randy fight, tsk tsk tsk..

Para matuloy ang Fedor & Randy match, the UFC should relax their stance about making fighters the sole property of UFC when they sign, yun lang namn gusto ni Fedor, na pwde siya magcompete sa Russia kahit UFC fighter siya, garapal kasi si Dana White, dapat pagbigayan na niya si Fedor para malaman na natin kung sinong #1 na heavyweight sa buong mundo :)

IMO it was a semi verbal tapout. If you really want to continue fighting and the doc asks you if you can see, you answer "Yes" even if it's blurry, you don't say "no, I can't see, but I want to fight" that's just asking for the doc to stop the fight, without you actually saying it. There have been worse and far bloodier cuts that have been allowed to continue.

Kalib has had a history of quitting, but it was really a$$holic for his corner to say "He f*cking quit again" on PPV, those things you just discuss in the locker room.

They should really get Kang in the UFC

yeah he did, but it was really weird that he didn't follow Master Lloyd's instructions. It was funny that when Master Lloyd was telling him to move to his right to avoid the big right hand, and start throwing leg kicks Brandon was all "ok yeah" and nodding, but as soon as the round started he clinches and takes Tim to the fence. Brandon knew that he didn't follow the game plan, he even apologized for it at the end. It was just odd to see him not even try out that strategy when it was working beautifully at the end of the 2nd.

yes i think vera knew his mistake and that is why he apologized at the intervieew.......broken hand or not i think that he should had followed instructions because there were no instructions for him to use his hands anyways....and what surprised he was that he was even giving a thumbs up to his corner at the end of the round when he had a couple of good kicks.....if he knew that those were effective...i wonder why he never used it again........we will never know

finally! Chuck vs Wand!

sayang, mas maganda sana kung last year!

pero di bale.. pag-tiyagaan na!

tapos, wand vs forrest na! :D

although i am excited and a big lidell fan......i still think that silva would win

this is unless chuck gets out of his rut

his last fight was a dismal performance for a fighter who fought and won over top fighter he was just awful

he looked like a different person......he did not defend the kicks and could not load up or get a good shot

he could not do anything to an over rated opponent......i thnik his lost to rampage to its toll psychologically

i actually enjoyed the Sylvia - Vera fight, considering the fact that Tim wasn't like that in God knows how long. in the Monson fight he wasn't throwing combinations like that, & he almost looked like the Tim Sylvia of Arlovski-Sylvia 2. anybody already bashing Brandon (after profusely praising him and pushing for him before the fight) isn't really being fair to him IMO, because when they showed his corner cutting his tape it's pretty evident that he did break his hand. rust did play a factor, because the tunnel vision wasn't there when he fought. he was definitely rattled, but only because it's been almost a full year since he fought Frank Mir. give him a fight or two to see if he really needs to drop to 205. i mean, not all guys in heavyweight are Tim Sylvia types, & stylistically he can match up decently (at least) with most of the guys in heavyweight. come to think of it, Brandon did a much better job keeping pace with Sylvia. Tim said it himself, Brandon's stronger than he looks, & if he was lesser than that then we would've seen something similar to the Monson fight, only this time Brandon would've been in danger of losing via GNP.i'm not even gonna try to muster an opinion about the Silva - Franklin massacre, because i'm too brain dead thinking who's gonna stop him.
it would be really hard to stop silva.......not only is he an excellent striker......he is also very accuratewhen we see slow mos of how fights are ended....we usually see one or two good punches then the loser just covers up because he doesn't know where and when the barrage of punches would hit...but in the barrage only a couple would again be good shots.....in silva's case majority of his shots find the mark....that is his secret why he winsi've been hearing about female mma fighters but i haven't seen any yet....can someone please post a link of female mma fightsdi kaya corny yun???......just like wwe and boxing's female bouts....ang layo sa male counterparts