Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Great Milenko,

you can't understand the post above. no spoilers untill the end of the fight in solar.

as of the moment, katatapos lang laban ni silva and franklin sa solar.

it's 1:50pm in my clock.

yang post mo ng 12:40, gurgel vs robinson pa lang yan.

Do respect your fellow MTCers so you get the same yourself.

Edited by pr0nmast3r

badtrip talo si vera, tsk tsk tsk, he didn't follow the advice of his corner, circle right & throw some kicks, ginawa lang nya un sa end ng 2nd round, sayang tlga, he couldn't dodge the flurry of punches ni sylvia, it looked like vera wasn't himself in that match, badtrip tlga..vera said that if someone beat him in the heavyweight division he going to go down a division to light heavyweight, anyway any division he picks, i hope he can come back from his loss and become a better fighter..

what a solid win by anderson silva, franklin was already glassy eyed at the end of the 1st round, he even admitted at the post match interview with joe rogan that he couldn't remember how the fight ended..eventhough its unlikely but i hope rich can still bounce back from his loss, but i still think silva will rule this middleweight division because i can't see any fighters having enough skill to match and beat silva in the cage, silva is in another league in terms of MMA skill, he is a joy to watch and i congratulate him for solidifying his place as one of the great champions of the UFC..

i feel bad for cincinatti, ohio, all of their guys lost, rich franklin and that guy, jorge purcel (tama nga ba? plz correct me if i'm wrong, tnx :) ), too bad their guys lost..

i'm still disappointed vera lost, i think he could really beat silva, but that's the UFC, upsets happen all the time :(

Great Milenko,

you can't understand the post above. no spoilers untill the end of the fight in solar.

as of the moment, katatapos lang laban ni silva and franklin sa solar.

it's 1:50pm in my clock.

yang post mo ng 12:40, gurgel vs robinson pa lang yan.

Do respect your fellow MTCers so you get the same yourself.

that why eh changed the font in white.

its up to you if you are gonna read it or not.

well, anderson silva is scary, i mean really scary!

vera was disappointing. he did not go there to fight.

maybe he wants to go down to light heavyweight? he's small for the hw division.

Edited by MRyoso

Damn, we didn't get to see Vera dance. The recently concluded fight with Sylvia showed that the long break hurt The Truth. He was overly tentative. He let his opponent dictate the pace. Although he showed a glimmer of his old self in the closing seconds of the second round, that was it. On to Sylvia, he didn't win because he fought better, he won because he fought just a tiny bit less badly. What was anticipated for a long time turned out to be a boring fight.

As to the main event, Silva showed AGAIN that he simply outclassed Franklin. He was toying with him for crying out loud. This one went on a little bit longer than the first time and Ace put up a better fight but it ended the same way - he once again succumbed to the Spider's devastating knees.

Guess all that is left now is to endure UFC 78 and off to UFC 79...

apparently vera broke his hand in the first round... haven't seen the fight yet but from comments, it seemed like a boring match. i hope he bounces back from this loss. sylvia is such a boring fighter. i don't admire his mma skills. i think he wins just because his size overwhelms his opponents. just my 2 cents

Sylvia wins unanimous decision

By Kevin Iole

Sunday, Oct 21, 2007 12:41 am EDT

CINCINNATI - Brandon Vera broke his left hand in the first round of his heavyweight fight with Tim Sylvia Saturday at UFC 77 at U.S. Bank Arena.

It left him on the short end, in more ways than one, of his bout with the former heavyweight champion.

In a fight that was dull for most of the going, Sylvia used his reach to pick Vera off from the outside and win a unanimous decision.

Vera only got Sylvia down at once and was unable to utilize his kicks, as he had hoped.

"I want to apologize to my coach, because I didn't do the game plan," Vera said.

Sylvia, fighting for the first time since losing his title to Randy Couture in March, was harldy overwhelming. He frequently forced Vera to the cage and then seemed content to pin him there, doing little.

But whenever Sylvia let his hands go, he was clearly controlling the fight.

"I wanted to close the gap so he couldn't utilize his kicks and then let my hands go," Sylvia said. "My hands are better than his."

that why eh changed the font in white.

its up to you if you are gonna read it or not.

well, anderson silva is scary, i mean really scary!

vera was disappointing. he did not go there to fight.

maybe he wants to go down to light heavyweight? he's small for the hw division.

It's still a post. man. I'm saying this in behalf of the others not for myself.

I watched the whole event on Solar. Didn't even bother going to MTC coz things like this happen

Sorry for the double post

@MRyoso.

Well Chonan is in the UFC. He beat Silva in Pride. Though math crafts do not work in MMA.

ut silva is a different fighter now. he's in a different level. a rematch with the piranha wont be bad tough

dan henderson is a bad bad matchup for anderson ,paulo filho will beat him as well but i dont know if they will fight .

dan hendesron wants to stay at light heavyweight. filho is signed with wec right? i wonder if white will allow him to fight in ufc

AHA! as i predicted, Sylvia will beat Vera. No match talaga sha kay maniac. excuse na lang niya yung broken left hand niya. from the start talagang over power na sha ni Maniac.

Anderson Silva brutally dismembered Franklin from the start, kahit hindi pa sha bumabagsak sa end ng round 1 kita na sa mata niya na hilo na sha.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9846/ava1ux7.gif

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2097/ava2vb7.gif

DAMN!!!

I think there comes a time when a fighter has to loose to bring him back to earth or some cliche similar to that para he can look back to his roots, pagkatapos ng loss na yan malay natin Brandon might become or will become a better fighter..

And, Spider should be UFC's poster boy, they guy is so talented siguro ang hirap magprepare ng gameplan sa taong to, he's good on the ground and he's a precision striker and boy he can duck!

i'm also dissapointed sa laban ni Vera. i think he should go down to 205 kasi mahihirapan siya sa HW lalo na kapag sila Coutture, Big Nog, Crocop ang kalaban niya. no match siya sa lakas at laki ng mga iyon.

vera said that if someone beats him at HW, he'll go down to 205.

well, thats a good decsion in my opinion

he's a natural 205 and is small for the HW division

ut silva is a different fighter now. he's in a different level. a rematch with the piranha wont be bad tough

Silva never change he was the same silva when he was in chute boxe hes striking never change his guard is ok but i think a good ground and pounder who knows how to get out subs will expose him ie lindland,filho.

Brandon Vera should definitely drop weight. It might have been rust, but he looked pretty helpless in there. It was hard to tell though, considering he had a 265lb sack of s@%t leaning on him the entire fight.

Also, does anyone else think Tim was trying to get out of a fight with Noguiera, by calling out Kongo?

It wouldn't be a stretch to consider Anderson Silva the best Pound for Pound fighter out there right now. I don't know what Dan Henderson's plans are, but the UFC should be begging him to drop down. He is the only guy that could give Silva a run for his money in that division.

http://i22.tinypic.com/16ld1g0.gif