The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

Hmm, sasalungat ako sa advice ng ibang MTC bros natin.

If it is your first car, I would suggest a brand new one.

The Kia Picanto seems ok naman.

Why?

1) A brand new car is under warranty, so less hassle for you.

Lalo na at dehin ka pa sanay sa auto, baka lalong sumakit ulot mo kapag nasira ang mag parts.

2) A brand new can can be completely insured

Meaning, kapag nabangga ka, casa kaagad iyan

Just my two cents worth.

My first few cars were second and third hand ones.  Talangan sumakit ulo ko sa kanila.

I totally agree.

In addition to the above, I don't think you should get a 2nd hand car unless you have no other options, or you know the person who used to own the car, kse you never know what could be wrong with it...

:cool: :cry: hellow..sorry newby lang me...d na rin me nagbackread..hehehehe.planning to buy a car atleast secondhand lang...this will be my first car palang and we cant afford pa kung brandnew...kaya bagsak muna namin is on 2ndhandcars na.....any tips naman to buy car....which are the best type bang bilhin..my budget is 250k lang...well i'm dreaming to have a car na maporma kahit second hand sya..like can i buy atleast civic or mitsubishi glxi sa ganung baudget lang..or atleast 99model man lang.....pls help me naman...again which type(brand) of cars can i buy sa budget that i have....sorry abt my question and post..plz tips and info naman..saka kung cno may mga right pricelist baka kasi madaya or mamahalan lang kami pagbumili kami?thanks in adv.. :mtc:

:cool:  :cry: hellow..sorry newby lang me...d na rin me nagbackread..hehehehe.planning to buy a car atleast secondhand lang...this will be my first car palang and we cant afford pa kung brandnew...kaya bagsak muna namin is on 2ndhandcars na.....any tips naman to buy car....which are the best type bang bilhin..my budget is 250k lang...well i'm dreaming to have a car na maporma kahit second hand sya..like can i buy atleast civic or mitsubishi glxi sa ganung baudget lang..or atleast 99model man lang.....pls help me naman...again which type(brand) of cars can i buy sa budget that i have....sorry abt my question and post..plz tips and info naman..saka kung cno may mga right pricelist baka kasi madaya or mamahalan lang kami pagbumili kami?thanks in adv.. :mtc:

Bro, we're on the same boat. If you'll do some back reading you'll find a lot of good advices from this thread. Anyhows with that budget medyo marami ka na din choices. You can buy Carfinder magazine for different options or much better if you will visit this site - www.carfinderph.com that's the same as the mag pero mas marami kang choices sa www.buyandsellph.com just go to the transportation/car section... andun lahat ng models and make, that should give you a pretty good idea of the prices ng mga second hand cars. Happy hunting and goodluck to us!!! :cool:

Bro, we're on the same boat. If you'll do some back reading you'll find a lot of good advices from this thread.  Anyhows with that budget medyo marami ka na din choices.  You can buy Carfinder magazine for different options or much better if you will visit this site - www.carfinderph.com that's the same as the mag pero mas marami kang choices sa www.buyandsellph.com just go to the transportation/car section... andun lahat ng models and make, that should give you a pretty good idea of the prices ng mga second hand cars.  Happy hunting and goodluck to us!!! :cool:

:goatee: oic...dude thanks sa site and info..happy hunting din.. :cool:

4th: since ikaw ang unang may-ari, its up to you kung paano mo patatagalin yung buhay nung kotse mo, if di ka naman pabalagbag magmaneho, then, you'd have your ride kahit until 8 yrs sayo...

If you take good care of your car it will last a long time - buy the best you can possibly afford. Go for quality over flashiness, and you'll be rewarded. Maintain it - oil change on a regular basis (with new oil formulations, every 10,000 km is okay), keep it in tune (replace those spark plugs at the recommended time), replace belts and hoses BEFORE they break, make sure you use good coolant in the cooling system (not just plain old water) and try not to let it overheat, keep tires/wheels in alignment. Keep it waxed - that will protect the paint and keep rust from forming. Wash the underside regularly with a high pressure hose to get mud and dirt out.

If you put aftermarket stuff on it, make sure you know what you're doing to the car. A friend just put a supercharger and a new control chip on his little Acura. Claimed that he was told the stock engine and transmission could handle the extra torque. Well, he was wrong! Tried to kick up the boost last week - blew out his piston rings. So - bore and polish the cylinders (deeply scored from the broken rings), replace bent piston rods and broken pistons and rings, replace stressed crankshaft................$3000 worth of work. Might as well buy a new car! He'll have a stronger engine then he'll blow out the transmission next - I can see it coming already.

All my cars last 10-12 years with me before I sell them. In good condition, but I do want new every now and then. My MB E320 is 10 years old this year, 180,000+ km and still a beautiful car. My wife just gave her 1985 BMW 325e to our daughter - 300,000 km and still going strong - and bought a Mini. Will the Mini last as long? We'll see.

siyempre manual ang dapat mong matuto.  ang 'matic di na kelangan pang aralin. 

2nd hand car- value wise sa altis o civic ka na, matibay, mura piyesa, reliable at mabagal ang depreciation.

True! Also, if you're after lower maintenance cost naman stay away from Honda, mahal parts niyan pre... Toyota and Mitsubishi's parts are available almost everywhere.

BTW, I'm looking at '97 Lancer (Pizza Pie) any feedback on this car?

:goatee: Hello again..tanong kow lang kung alin ba magandang brand ng car and yung second hand lang...i mean which do u prefer ba?dami kasing magaganda..may maganda sa honda sa toyota and lancer..tell me more which is good..thnks in adv :cool:  :mtc:

Kun porma/speed at ready ka sa medyo high maintenance/dami din available accss. - honda

Kun gusto mo medyo mura maintenance - lancer/toyota

Kun gusto mo malakas aircon - nissan

Basta bottomline, mas maganda kun kilala mo first owner, san siya nagpapagawa, at sana medyo modelo ang car...

:goatee: Hello.. tanong kow lang ..which do u prefer..manual or automatic? Plan to enroll in a driving school..kaso hiwalay lesson nila on manual and automatic..pls enlighten me naman..dun sa mga experts..pls give some advice....thnks in adv. :mtc:

of course, learn the basics first by going manual... kapag natuto ka sa manual, panis na sayo yung automatic... if you go the other way around, mahihirapan ka mag-adjust, para ka lang magiging baguhan ulit kapag manual na hawak mo... driving automatic is as easy as driving a bumpcar...

and, as most of us have stated, if you want easy maintenance (which, for me, is the 1st to be considered in buying 2nd hand cars), go toyota...

True!  Also, if you're after lower maintenance cost naman stay away from Honda, mahal parts niyan pre...  Toyota and Mitsubishi's parts are available almost everywhere.

BTW, I'm looking at '97 Lancer (Pizza Pie) any feedback on this car?

huwag ka na bumili ng lancer. nagkaroon na kami ng ilang lancer, at ang huli ay isang 98 gsr at 00 mx, at parehas silang bulok. di na ako bibili ng mitsubishi ulit. supot talaga quality ng mitsubishi ngayon, at alam ko iyan dahil marami akong kakilala na nagsu-supply ng piyesa sa mmc.

huwag ka na bumili ng lancer. nagkaroon na kami ng ilang lancer, at ang huli ay isang 98 gsr at 00 mx, at parehas silang bulok. di na ako bibili ng mitsubishi ulit.  supot talaga quality ng mitsubishi ngayon, at alam ko iyan dahil marami akong kakilala na nagsu-supply ng piyesa sa mmc.

Thanks acidboy :) but would you mind going into the details? Like ano mga problem parts ng Lancer? How does it compare sa Toyota corollas of the same model... Salamat Sir :rolleyes:

of course, learn the basics first by going manual... kapag natuto ka sa manual, panis na sayo yung automatic... if you go the other way around, mahihirapan ka mag-adjust, para ka lang magiging baguhan ulit kapag manual na hawak mo... driving automatic is as easy as driving a bumpcar...

and, as most of us have stated, if you want easy maintenance (which, for me, is the 1st to be considered in buying 2nd hand cars), go toyota...

oic..thnks for the info :cool: :mtc:

huwag ka na bumili ng lancer. nagkaroon na kami ng ilang lancer, at ang huli ay isang 98 gsr at 00 mx, at parehas silang bulok. di na ako bibili ng mitsubishi ulit.  supot talaga quality ng mitsubishi ngayon, at alam ko iyan dahil marami akong kakilala na nagsu-supply ng piyesa sa mmc.

Hindi naman siguro, yung lancer ko hindi ko binalak ibenta kahit 1996 model pa sya kse solb naman yung performance nya. it even won several awards sa racing track (legal and illegal).

Nasa nag aalaga lang siguro yun..Peace

Hindi naman siguro, yung lancer ko hindi ko binalak ibenta kahit 1996 model  pa sya kse solb naman yung  performance nya. it even won several awards sa racing track (legal and illegal).

Nasa nag aalaga lang siguro yun..Peace

IMHO lang mga bro, lahat naman ng makes and perhaps models may kanya kanyang pros and cons... If there had been a "perfect car" eh di non-existent na sana 'yung iba :P Its a matter of preference siguro and kung ano lifestyle mo din. I also believe nasa alaga din. But of course di maiiwasan 'yung lemons di ba, kahit sa spareparts.

That's why I'm trying to solicit (un biased) advices from the more experienced. Thanks to those who shares (both positive and negative feedbacks :) ).

Sir Kirov, what are the points to ponder if ever I decide to go for MMC Pizza? Ano madaling masira? How much on the average maintenance? Also, yung fuel efficiency? Sana pa share na din po ng mga plus :)

• 2 weeks later...