The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

1.Chevy Optra 1.6 Manual base model-best sedan right now :heart:

2. Civic (nice performance)

3.Mazda 3 (bestseller)

Don't suggest Optra as a best buy. Yes it has a good selling price but you'll die with their parts price. No offense to you ha! Also Optra is a gas guzzler, a very bad fuel economy!

Civic would be one of the best buys. fuel economy is average but if you need power to boost it'll eat all those reserves. good suspensions too.

Mazda 3 would be an average one. fuel economy is quote average and power is average too.

Mazda 3 - newest craze! la pa naman ako naririnig na reklamo. good design. nagagandahan nga ko! kaso.... baka lumabas mga reklamo after a year or so.

Chevy optra - i've heard bad reviews bout this. gas guzzler and poor    customer service.

Civic - everybody's favorite. cant go wrong with this car. down side is, dami mo kapareha.

Altis - toyota fan ako. nice price over performance. kaso parang ang laki ng kaha nya. i'll choose toyota over any car of the same class.

just my opinions guys. no offense meant.... peace!

Altis would also one of the bestbuys as it has average fuel economy as mazda 3. parts replacement price are good. quality good!

Peace guys!

Hey all, let's modify this to include price range and fuel economy (big factor for ever increasing gas prices).

If you want to include 1.3 and 1.5L, it's also ok. Just give your justification.

there's too many Vios out there and I don't like the center console. Same with the City. However, there's a new City just released. Don't know if the looks has improved.

If iam not mistaken my friend got his lynx 2.0 RS for only 700+k......plus sun roof and others....while the civic 2.0 variant is around 900k....no sun roof  :(

According to motioncars.com, it's 819k for the ford lynx 2.0....

but the lower variants of this seem to be the best buy. How about customer service feedback? maintenance costs. This is what honda kills you with. So expensive.

i'd like sana from 600-800k range lang(or lower).  2.0 cars are always 900k and up....

Medyo not in my price range.  I was actually looking at a 2nd hand 98 Civic hatch (registered as 2004 - converted).  But 450k.  Friends are advising against it.  Recommending Vios :)

I see... Civic hatchback is also what I crave that is not bad and really gives you a great japorms. What's bad about vios is that it has a bigger tendency to flip over specially on the 1.5 variant except if you modify the suspensions. What's good about Vios is it'll give you one of the best fuel saving efficiencies.

My two cents...

Honda Civics are dependable (sold my hondas when they were used by me for 6-7 years with mileage of 100-120k km and still didn't have any problems with proper maintenance), and have good resale value. Problem is, they are more expensive and the present model doesn't look good if you ask me.

Toyota Altis likewise is dependable (good old Toyota quality) and has a good resale value. Plus they are cheaper and are cheaper to maintain! But the current model looks dated when compared to the other cars in its class.

Don't care much for the Sentra.

Would've given the Optra a try. Looks good to me and it's price is value for money- it's even cheaper the ones previously mentioned and you get a lot of options as standard. Don't know about it's durability, and people complain of the high cost of maintenance of GM vehicles.

However if I were in the market for a compact four-door, I'd get a Mazda 3. Great looks, very competitive price with a lot of options as standard and has good reviews in other countries (can't rely on the ones here since this car is relatively new in our shores). The downside... a three-month wait.

Sorry kung napahaba.