The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

• 2 weeks later...

1. 1963 corvette stungray, split window - always wnated one

2. 2004 bentley continental gt coupe - got smoked by one, i was driving my car (2001 bmw 325 ci),

doing 145 mph (232 kph) down i-5, and this car drove by me like a bat out of hell.

3. 1967 ferrari gtb/4 - 3286 cc / 200.5 cu in, 223.7 kw / 300.0 bhp @ 8000 rpm, 223.7 kw / 300.0

bhp @ 8000 rpm, Torque 294.21 nm / 217.0 ft lbs @ 6000 rpm - reglatik red of course

my next ride :wub:

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/featurepics/1613.jpg

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i16/1613_2lo.jpg

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i16/1613_3lo.jpg

Edited by suzuki
Hey guys ... I'm starting this thread because I'm a car fanatic. If you will buy a car (here in the Philippines) nowadays, what will you consider  buying?

Will you buy a Pajero, Trooper or a Prado? Or will you settle for a Vios or City?

Personally, I will go for a Pajero. It's basically gwapo and economical.

Give me your thoughts.

given ur choices I'd prefer the ISUZU Trooper...

but I've always liked to have a Crosswind XUVi... sana lng may pambili ako!

Guys I need your professional opinions on this....

Would you go for KIA PICANTO @ 360K or a second hand CIVIC or LANCER of about the same price? Medyo limited budget kasi.

:cool: + for Picanto

* Brand New so less trouble with engine (i suppose)

* 3 Year warranty

* Fuel efficient

:grr: - for Picanto

* Bad Kia rep*tation

* They say the aftersales service is not that good

* Small car/ less room

:cool: + for 2nd Hand Car

* Respectable image

* More room / bigger car

* Better Resale Value

:grr: - for 2nd Hand Car

* Possible high maintenance

* Possible Engine/Body/Parts problem

* May be a gas guzzler

I need your opinion especially the car experts. This is going to be my first car so im kind of paranoid :cry:

Would you go for KIA PICANTO @ 360K or a second hand CIVIC or LANCER of about the same price?  Medyo limited budget kasi.

* 3 Year warranty

* Fuel efficient

* Bad Kia rep*tation

* Small car/ less room

* Respectable image

* More room / bigger car

* Better Resale Value

* May be a gas guzzler

I need your opinion especially the car experts.  This is going to be my first car so im kind of paranoid :cry:

based on the looks laki ng improvement ng design ng kia comparing it with their previous rides... but since kalalabas pa lang ng picanto di pa tayo sure kung ok nga....

personally i would go for a second hand car, just make sure you find a very good one... pag naka kuha ka ng matinong second hand ayos na ayos panalo ka... kahit may gastos pa sa maintenance minimal lang mas malaki pa rin yung talo mo sa depreciation... kasi sa brand new una mong talo is yung depreciation less 20-30% agad yun from the value..

say a kia costs 360k less 20% talo ka na agad ng 72k sa depreciation.. with a good second hand car di naman aabot ng ganun kalaki gastos mo

If its your first car, I would advise getting a second hand one, before going for a brand new ride.

1. At least if gets digned di masyado masakit....:-)

2. You can go to other repair shops that already have the experience to fix those models...like they say: mas maraming available support

3. Civics and Lancers have a huge market for aftermarket parts...so that you make that second hand car look better than any Korean econobox

If its your first car, I would advise getting a second hand one, before going for a brand new ride.

1. At least if gets digned di masyado masakit....:-)

2. You can go to other repair shops that already have the experience to fix those models...like they say: mas maraming available support

3. Civics and Lancers have a huge market for aftermarket parts...so that you make that second hand car look better than any Korean econobox

thanks bro! yup i figured that the parts for these more popular makes are available almost everywhere... but i understand that honda's parts and maintenance are far more expensive than toyota and lancer's. By the way its going i might opt for a lancer na lang. I'm looking at Lancer '97, i like the pizza pie look :)

Would you go for KIA PICANTO @ 360K or a second hand CIVIC or LANCER of about the same price?  Medyo limited budget kasi.

* 3 Year warranty

* Fuel efficient

* Bad Kia rep*tation

* Small car/ less room

* Respectable image

* More room / bigger car

* Better Resale Value

* May be a gas guzzler

I need your opinion especially the car experts.  This is going to be my first car so im kind of paranoid :cry:

u know what, try scouting for 2nd hand cars with a buddy of yours..the more your buddy knows about cars,the better it is to sort out what kind of car u want...for starters,go for the 99model cars.basically they are casa maintained,with comp insurance and lady driven...but its not necessary to buy a car from a lady owner..be specially attentive to details..engines,doors,suspension,engine leaks,those stuffs...be sure to pick wisely...a brand new car that is maintenance-free for a year?or a slightly used car that has a resale value bigger than that of the Kia Picanto?your choice buddy...Just concerned about ur money...btw,i'm just new here....Hope this helps....

Thanks Rexie! Well that's how it is here sa MTC tulungan, welcome to the club and thanks for your ideas. Actually may downside din lady driven cars, mostly kasi pag lady driven hindi rin masyadong maintained ,maybe because babae nga and they are not so much on the engine maintenance details :)... But the thing is hindi rin masyadong bugbog yung makina pag babae may dala...

Thanks again for your ideas! :cool:

based on the looks laki ng improvement ng design ng kia comparing it with their previous rides... but since kalalabas pa lang ng picanto di pa tayo sure kung ok nga....

personally i would go for a second hand car, just make sure you find a very good one... pag naka kuha ka ng matinong second hand ayos na ayos panalo ka... kahit may gastos pa sa maintenance minimal lang mas malaki pa rin yung talo mo sa depreciation... kasi sa brand new una mong talo is yung depreciation less 20-30% agad yun from the value..

say a kia costs 360k less 20%  talo ka na agad ng 72k sa depreciation.. with a good second hand car di naman aabot ng ganun kalaki gastos mo

my two cents on this issue, amigos...

...yes, if this is your first car, go 2nd hand... i agree, ke sumabit man, ke ma-dent or something, di ka gaano hinayang, paano, 2nd hand, di ba???

...but, if you had enough driving experience before, and you can easily afford a brand new, then go brand new...

...why?

1st: i'd say, kapag brand new, automatic, insured, kasi di papayagan ng bangko na walang insurance kapag naka-financing, ayt?

2nd, top condition and under warranty, basically making the casa liable for anything , and chances are, matagal bago pa masira, unless factory defect...

3rd: wouldn't you love the fine finish, the clear plastics and the awfully neat interiors???

4th: since ikaw ang unang may-ari, its up to you kung paano mo patatagalin yung buhay nung kotse mo, if di ka naman pabalagbag magmaneho, then, you'd have your ride kahit until 8 yrs sayo...

on the picanto part, look, mababa talaga ang resale value nyan. why? e 350K lang sya eh, so, considering 25% of the price and resale nya, that would be roughly 87K... if you buy the vios / jazz / city types, talagang malaki ang resale, kasi within 560K to 700K yang mga yun eh...

...nga lang, syempre, kia will be kia until kia proves otherwise... that really affects resale... the cred itself...

Hmm, sasalungat ako sa advice ng ibang MTC bros natin.

If it is your first car, I would suggest a brand new one.

The Kia Picanto seems ok naman.

Why?

1) A brand new car is under warranty, so less hassle for you.

Lalo na at dehin ka pa sanay sa auto, baka lalong sumakit ulot mo kapag nasira ang mag parts.

2) A brand new can can be completely insured

Meaning, kapag nabangga ka, casa kaagad iyan

Just my two cents worth.

My first few cars were second and third hand ones. Talangan sumakit ulo ko sa kanila.