The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

I prefer the following:

Honda SIR- eto ung kotse na isa sa mga favorite ko na medyo affordable compared to others.'

Volkswagen Beetle (ung mga '69 model na luma)- ito naman ung gusto ko i-setup, ung tipong ikaw magcu-customize or any muscle car na ire-restore saka iseset-up ko..

Mazda 6 (Zoom Zoom)

if compact car, i prefer Toyota Vios- kasi simple lang saka matipid sa gaso

kung "pulitiko", este, madami naman ako "nakurakot", i mean, madaming pera, :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: i choose:

Lincoln Navigator

Hummer H2

Ferrari 430 Scuderia or Ferrari Enzo

Porsche 997

Bugatti Veyron

Lamborghini Reventon

Corvette ZO6

Dodge Viper R10

when in europe... you go for a european car.

currently setting my sights on the following

A5

http://www.ami-leipzig.de/premieren/audi_a5.jpg

BMW 1 Coupe

http://www.fermodes.de/pictures/autonews/02259-gross.jpg

VW Tiguan

http://www.produktenews.ch/links/VW-Tiguan.jpg

or Mini Clubman

http://www.autodino.de/autonews/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/18623.jpg

But the new Fiat 500 looks so retro!! :thumbsupsmiley:

http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/00378/Retro_Fiat500rast_B_378587g.jpg

Edited by chipmaker
  • 3 weeks later...

For me, a Suzuki Swift is incomparable to Honda Civic and Mitsubishi Lancer because of it's size?

Well, 2008 Model Civics are really great in terms of design. It's like a futuristic concept car that you get to see on the road. But what i hated most about Civic is whenever they get to change new models, the old one's getting really look old. In short, madaling malaos or maluma. Nakakainis though, ofcourse technology keeps on getting better. Same goes with the Mitsubishi Lancer.

But what i like most about Suzuki Swift is that it's European inspired. Ala Mini Couper ang dating. Yung design i think is matagal siyang maluma. You see naman the evidence of european cars namely BMW's, Benz's etc. ang tagal malaos ng design. very simple and clean.

Ofcourse, thumbs up ako sa mga latest models ng Japanese cars ngayon cause they seem to look like an alien to me.(specially the Civic) though, for me siguro mas maganda yung semi hi-tech and semi retro dating... para matagal maluma.

I appreciate oldskul cars din naman. (specially Toyota Sprinter's Starlet's and Corolla's) lalo na pag two door. matagal maluma. though keeping your car clean plus maintaining it in a stock and all original form makes it precious.

Kayo naman? what can you say about Suzuki Swift? Mitsubishi Lancer? Honda Civic's design?

The only 1.6 litre Japanese car worth listing in my view--the thread starter did emphasize "styling", is the Mazda MX-5 or what is referred to in the US market as the Miata. The first generation Miata is the embodiment of true open top motoring in the English tradition without the traditional English sportscar traits of leaking oil, overheating, leaking soft top, and dicey electrics from Lucas Electric - the prince of darkness himself.

All other Japanese cars are designed by a committee and look like it - especially the new models. The are completely devoid of a designer's personal expression of creativity. You don't know what I mean? Look at the BMWs of recent years from the turn of the 21st century. Notice how the angular bodywork and expressive light fitments look consistently familiar? This is because there is one designer who drives the entire design process, BMWs chief designer, Andrew Bangle who ironically, is an American.

a japanese car? yes...i would agree with you on the suzuki swift. one heck of a car.

when i was in Germany two years ago, eto lang ang nakita kong japanese car sa kalye eh, which means, it passed the strict Euro standards.

i have been always a lancer user (my first car was the L-type, followed by the box, then the singkit, then the itlog, now a pizza). somehow, i am satisfied with it as a daily driven car. fuel consumption is on the average and parts are always available. the only not so good side is the suspension. from my singkit to my pizza, parating eto ang nasisira ng maaga. ang bilis pa ng kalampag. but i think they have already solved this problem with their new gens.

toyota corolla/altis's are also ok. but somehow, they are quite too expensive compared to the other jap brands with the same specs.

mazda 3s really look great, and has excellent handling strengths. but somehow, they only introduced automatics (sana may manual para mas may VROOOM). and based on my friends who own these cars, ang lakas daw sa gasolina compared to the other 1600 ccs out there.

nissans, i think, aside from their great aircon and the notable timing chains have the best and bang for the back among the top japanese brands. medyo hindi lang maganda ang naging reputation nila before so that is why their resale value is quite low. medyo conservative din ang looks nila and styling, which suits older men. and as what i've noticed, maski yung entry level variant nila contains more features compared to the other entry level variants ng ibang oto (example: compare Altis J and Nissan Sentra GS)

Edited by Google

If I could buy an electric car, I would. But because I can't, I'd settle for a 2009 Toyota Corolla xle. I don't know enough about cars but I do know that Corollas are fuel efficient but they're not hybrid so maintenance won't be a pain in the butt (mas mahal ang upkeep ng hybrid eh). And my uncle tells me that 2001-2008 Toyota Corollas are pretty much the same but 2009 Corollas are something else. :)