The Mail Box

141795121928:

69121595 6920, 101314 162 41798 51714 165171 6171 12 1432319518-61234 219169 231713 20171324 01314 130 12 21317514 1721 23121851251922191423. 717133 951431998 1214 1469 2212192101723 20617169 229.

176, 0291289, 1819159 138 817229 1817174 814132121 1417 39124.

951713186 1721 717133 2294191720319147 1254 03127, 1220209014 71713 1239 1759.

21135, 31918614?

(231713 1239 0121469141920 1921 231713 192222191412149 146198.)

Edited by KristinLavransdatr

Dear Mr Smelly client,

I hope you have already received the resumes of our team who will conduct your facility expansion masterplan, initially projected at 17,000,000 USD worth of new facilities. We were surprised that while the team has been in contact with your side for several weeks prior to the kickoff, it is only the very day before the study that you had asked us our resumes. Although we were not prepared for this, we hope to have delivered such resumes to your satisfaction, such that we can now resume the work?

We understand that perhaps the consultancy rates we charge, appraching close to ten thousand USD per day for the combined effort, looked a bit steep to you. But it was your side that approached us, we did not ask for this work. And you had approached us precisely because other consulting engineers have failed. We were probably your last resort. We have seen that happen before.

So we charge you our price.

Although we are of course very polite to all of our clients, big or small, please do not misinterpret this politeness as a sign of our being very accommodating at all times. Of course you and your facility are big shots in your department, the crown jewels perhaps. But some of us have operated and managed facilities 6 times bigger than yours when they were still in their mid-20's and only drawing a poor engineer's pay (until HR f#&kers got over the disciplinary issues).

Yes, you overweight overpaid oversmelly client you, at that age when you were still chasing the easy pussies, some of us were already managing staffs (and doing staff reports) triple the number that you are managing even now during your mid-40's. For this whole 17,000,000 USD expansion project, some of us we would not even have bothered with consultants, we would have done it in our spare time, while dodging the excess pussies getting in our way.

But of course the likes of you Mr Smelly Client could not do even this relatively small (by our standards) project, otherwise the mental agony of trying to conceptualise a rock-solid yet low-cost expansion plan would have made your stinky armpits burn a hole through your fancy shirt and green silk tie.

So you come to us. And so you will pay our price.

Read the resumes yet? Every extra day you delay fidgeting over our resumes would is costing you half of a brand new Altis...

Enjoy!

LC

Edited by LostCommand

B,

Can't help myself:

Excerpt from Chapter 20.

When you disarm your subjects, however, you offend them by showing that, either from cowardliness or lack of faith, you distrust them; and either conclusion will induce them to hate you. Moreover, since it is impossible for you to remain unarmed, you would have to resort to mercenaries, whose limitations have already been discussed.

Please, please, please. That was the last hygiene factor.

Spending time with you is pure bliss. Bear in mind that I\'m not holding back. I just want to be as sure as possible. Contrary to what you think, I bet. Give me enough time to know you. Remember, patience is a virtue :)

Edited by lovelybabe

To the Best Man at my wedding,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife are filing for divorce after close to 10 years of marriage. You were lucky to have had a wife like her. It's unfortunate and it saddens me a lot that you don't seem to realize what you're giving up just because of your stupid pride.

I wish you the best my friend pero I have to take your wife's side on this one. I blame you for the failure of your marriage. You fell into the company of people whose narrow-minded views influenced your views on life.

I don't know where your life's headed and I don't think you do either.

(The management of dumb superiors)

PL,

I saw the short insulting note by which a senior manager belittled your statement. I also saw how flimsy the senior manager's note was, and who other senior managers he had copied in. Understandably, you are hardly able to see the computer screen in your rage and irritation.

This is expected.

No, I will not counsel you to let go of your anger, to let this one pass mutely, since the senior manager is a full four levels above you. (Heck he is even above me) Neither will I counsel you to explain your side in great detail and to thoroughly prove him wrong in all counts. Nor will I counsel you to go for a win win situation in this scenario.

You must realise that what has actually happened is that he has swung a blow at you...and missed, thanks to his incompetence. Now that he has fired his bolt without killing you, he is therefore vulnerable to your counterattack while he loads a fresh bolt. Therefore do not lose your temper seeing the bolt that just whizzed by. You must react now and attack while his pants are still down. Focus on just the one most blatantly mistaken statement he made, and force your corrections down very deep with a quick, cool, well chosen, intelligent words, incontestable words. One quick deep stab - enough for one k*ll - all you need. Do not lose time and focus by trying to correct all his statements - you just give him breathing space to raise his defense and possibly even reload a bolt.

A single well timed violent blow today is worth five well-aimed violent blows tomorrow.

(You can get away with this even as a junior officer only because you are sure you are absolutely correct in that one deep stab, and because he is not your direct boss)

He can respond in two ways - counterattack you - which will probably open up more opportunities for you to stab him given his ignorance and weaknesses - or keep quiet and nurse his wound. If he is smart, he will chose the latter. If he indeed does that - do not press the attack anymore. Sometimes our goal is to just win the battle, and survive to fight the rest of the war.

If you do nothing to this blatantly wrong statement, you will lose credibility to others, credibility that will be so hard to gain down the road later, when you aspire to be more senior and then toughness is expected of you. I know you will fear opening the email tomorrow to see his response, but only through the proper trials do we toughen the steel of our swords.

There is no better way.

You must also realise that there is nothing wrong with earning your stripes using the mistakes of other managers as steppingstones. The win-win principle is not encompassing; they teach that crap at the management seminars for young officers merely to neuter the future competition. Some things in life must remain a zero sum game - you must win, even if it means others must lose.

We go win-win only if it suits us. We go only for whatever strategy suits us best, period

You will realise soon enough why I had laughed when you first told me about it. I was not laughing at you, I was laughing at the senior manager. If you play him just right, and don't get too greedy, you can steadily earn so many points, at his expense. Next time you meet him, gladly shake his hand and smile. Just smile. Show your teeth for about 2 to 3 seconds.

Who has truly something to lose now?

Happy stabbing!

LC

P.S. Never underestimate the dark side, nor old politicians.

Dad,

Odd ... I have dreams and you're in them.

Do you want to tell me something?

My first was you arriving at the airport, while I was to depart ... we met at the arrival gates and we hugged. I guess it's my subconscious trying to "close" that chapter of my life ... coz I wasnt able to properly bid you farewell.

I do MISS you, daddy! Hope you know that deep in my heart I loved you and appreciated you ... even though I never got to fully express my emotions. You guys never brought me up that way.

Mom does too ...

The 2nd one ... you were encouraging me to renew my driver's license. I dont see the need to ... have no vehicle to drive. Just unnecessary expense for me.

The last was quite recent ... you were with my TM peers, wearing the same outfit/uniform. Weird. I guess, I need to go back and achieve my CTM ... huh?

Have to ensure that I have regular funds ... attending the mtgs can be costly. Food, fare (should I just need to travel to Makati from home to attend a meeting) ... I know I owe it to myself and the club/org.

Guide me ... with my applications.

Help mom get her visa ... she's getting restless here.

A

TS:

Sonnet 28 - My letters! all dead paper, mute and white!

My letters! all dead paper, mute and white!

And yet they seem alive and quivering

Against my tremulous hands which loose the string

And let them drop down on my knee to-night.

This said,—he wished to have me in his sight

Once, as a friend: this fixed a day in spring

To come and touch my hand . . . a simple thing,

Yet I wept for it!—this, . . . the paper's light . . .

Said, Dear, I love thee; and I sank and quailed

As if God's future thundered on my past.

This said, I am thine—and so its ink has paled

With Iying at my heart that beat too fast.

And this . . . O Love, thy words have ill availed

If, what this said, I dared repeat at last!

Elizabeth Barrett Browning