• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Yung National ID system, wla pa din. Isinisi pa no Boy Mura sa mga left daw - p#ta.

Pinirmahan nya Yung batas nung 2018 pa, nag allot Ang government ng budget para soon pero hanggang ngayon wala, Hindi nila pede sisihinbang Legislative kasi sila nga ang gumawa ng batas at nagpasa na din sila ng Implementing Rules... Eh sino ba tagapagpatupad ng batas - Executive, p#ta walang ginawa! p#tang$na talaga - tapos Kung kani kanino na naman isisisi na Right left or up down. p#tang$na. Pumirma ng batas tapos Hindi pinatupad ng sinungaling na kaputaputahang putanginang butas butas ang ilong na may nangingitim na mukhang burog burog.

OK, so you won't believe the 80,000+ cases.

You think there's more. So do I.

But I don't think Chinese government is lying. Like all the other countries hit, they did not have enough testing equipment to determine the number of cases at the outset of the epidemic. There's a possibility that many of the initial deaths were not recorded as covid-related.

China and Iran were the first one hit. Nobody knew then how to handle it. But the Chinese government were able to do what they do best. Use their authority and political will.

And the Chinese people cooperated -- under the threat of punishment? who cares? It worked.

I said that either they had extraordinary control measures or they are lying through their teeth. It will be known eventually which is which. Some of its medical experts are here to develop a treatment for covid-19.

In Wuhan -- where the virus was first detected late last year -- an official announcement raised the city's death toll by half, to a total of 3,869.

The additional deaths were cases that were "mistakenly reported" or missed entirely, the posting said.

But the revision will play into a growing narrative of Chinese untrustworthiness led by Trump's nationalist administration.

I said that either they had extraordinary control measures or they are lying through their teeth. It will be known eventually which is which. Some of its medical experts are here to develop a treatment for covid-19.

I was about to reply to your post above, when you posted a new one below.

In Wuhan -- where the virus was first detected late last year -- an official announcement raised the city's death toll by half, to a total of 3,869.

The additional deaths were cases that were "mistakenly reported" or missed entirely, the posting said.

But the revision will play into a growing narrative of Chinese untrustworthiness led by Trump's nationalist administration.

I read that news article, too. That is exactly what I meant that if there were discrepancies, the Chinese government didn't lie.

At the outset of the Covid-19 pandemic, China still did not have enough testing kits. So thousands could have gotten infected and recovered or died without being diagnosed as Covid related.

Trump can play his narrative but will we still believe his story?

Edited by camiar

I was about to reply to your post above, when you posted a new one below.

This is exactly what I meant that if there were discrepancies, the Chinese government didn't lie.

At the outset of the Covid-19 pandemic, China still did not have enough testing kits. So thousands could have gotten infected and recovered or died without being diagnosed as Covid related.

Trump can play his narrative but will we still believe his story?

But why only say it now that Wuhan lifted its lockdown?

But why only say it now that Wuhan lifted its lockdown?

Because it is only now that they can retrace the events and confirm their suspicions that there could more.

Nothing wrong in correcting your data to reflect the true picture. It will play a big role in reviewing the lessons learned from their experience.

Because it is only now that they can retrace the events and confirm their suspicions that there could more.

Nothing wrong in correcting your data to reflect the true picture. It will play a big role in reviewing the lessons learned from their experience.

I have nothing against the Chinese and I am open to them helping us in this covid crisis but I am still skeptical regarding this. So far, the media has been publicizing about the cases in the US and Europe. The Chinese Communist Party must be really strict in giving out information on Chinese infections.

I have nothing against the Chinese and I am open to them helping us in this covid crisis but I am still skeptical regarding this. So far, the media has been publicizing about the cases in the US and Europe. The Chinese Communist Party must be really strict in giving out information on Chinese infections.

So far, we seem to be better off with Chinese help, especially the treatment methods. Telling us what worked and what didn't work.

I'm in constant contact with my relatives in the US, many of whom are in medical profession. They are still in trial-and-error mode in the treatment method.

So far, we seem to be better off with Chinese help, especially the treatment methods. Telling us what worked and what didn't work.

I'm in constant contact with my relatives in the US, many of whom are in medical profession. They are still in trial-and-error mode in the treatment method.

So far, every country seems to be in a trial-and-error stage.

Not Taiwan. Our Paramount Leader insists on following the Communist Chinese playbook, however. Like Premier Winnie the Pooh, he can use the lockdown to solidify his hold on power.

The majority of Filipinos have expressed satisfaction with the Duterte administration’s response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, according to the survey results released by global polling firm Gallup International Association.

Based on the April 6 to 8 poll, around 80 percent of Filipinos believed the government is handling the Covid-19 crisis “well”.

This is where Duterte's talk about decentralizing the economy is exposed for what it truly is -- just talk. Without the economic engine provided by Manila, Cebu, etc. our economy is going to sink into the toilet.

Meanwhile, other countries that used their lockdown to actually do something like mass testing are now re-opening. The Filipino people continue to pay the price for this incompetence.