• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

They say a picture paints a thousand words. Here is a blow by blow account of what happened and who attended that day during Imee's graduation from UP.

It should be obvious by now that Imee Marcos, the eldest daughter of the late President Ferdinand Marcos, is running for the Senate in the coming elections. No less than President Rodrigo Duterte himself is campaigning for her.

“ This writer attended that ceremony as a guest of two of the graduates that year.

The surveys consider Imee Marcos as a likely winner in the senatorial race, and the Marcos camp is confident that she will win in the May polls because of the longevity of her incumbency as an elected official.

Imee’s staunch supporters believe she will win also because the Marcos name has regained widespread public acceptability, as demonstrated by the 2010 senatorial victory of her brother, ex-Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. and his near victory in the vice-presidential derby in 2016.

It cannot also be discounted that their mother, former First Lady Imelda Romualdez Marcos, has held elective public office numerous times since the post-Marcos years.

As in any election, candidates are vulnerable to issues. For Imee Marcos, the issue is about her academic credentials.

The news media has created quite a stir when they questioned Imee’s announcement that she graduated from the University of the Philippines (UP) College of Law in April 1983. From what the news media have so far gathered, Imee’s name is not in the university’s record of graduates as attested to by a top official of the state university.

It is also reported that although Imee’s name does not appear in the 1983 yearbook of the UP College of Law, she is prominently featured in a publication marking the 25th anniversary of the college’s graduating class of 1983.

In support of the assertion that Imee graduated from the UP College of Law, her camp has shown to the news media photographs which show that she participated in a college ceremony held at the Meralco Theater in the Ortigas Center in Pasig in April 1983.

This writer attended that ceremony as a guest of two of the graduates that year. One was an executive of the Philippine National Bank and the other later became a commissioner of the National Labor Relations Commission. Another invited guest was my fellow law student, Dennis Socrates, who is now the vice governor of Palawan.

President and Mrs. Marcos, together with Bongbong, were present at the ceremony, and sat at the front row. The President and his family arrived in a black limousine.

On the stage throughout the ceremony was Dean Froilan Bacungan of the UP College of Law.

The guest speaker of the occasion was then Supreme Court (SC) Associate Justice Hermogenes Concepcion Jr., whose speech was about the constitutionality of executive warrants of arrest.

Other important personalities who also sat in the front row were SC Chief Justice Enrique Fernando and Court of Appeals Justice Serafin Cuevas.

Every graduate went on stage for the usual ritual. Honor graduates were given special acknowledgment on the stage. Imee was given honors.

The ceremony started around 8 in the morning, and ended long after lunch. President and Mrs. Marcos posed for photographs for some of the guests.

Withal, the big mystery concerns the status of Imee Marcos as a graduate of the UP College of Law Class of 1983.

If Imee Marcos is not in the official roster of graduates of the UP, why did the UP College of Law hold a college graduation ceremony at the Meralco Theater in April 1983, with Imee and the members of her family, the college dean and the entire graduating class in attendance?

To repeat, honors were given to the outstanding students present at that ceremony. What will be the status of those honors if the ceremony is bogus?

It isn’t going to be easy for the news media to assert that Imee is not a graduate of the UP, because there was a graduation ceremony held at the Meralco Theater. In the same vein, Imee will have a difficult time insisting she is a graduate of the UP because her name is not in its roster of graduates.

Difficult situations like this allow only one practical way out. The voters should decide, not so much as regards the academic credentials of Imee Marcos, but as to whether or not they want her as senator.

You can like or hate GMA but she was clever. She knew what she had to do in certain situations. She just got demonized by the yellow media, just as the yellow media demonized Marcos. Marcos, Duterte and GMA want the best for the country and its citizens which would run contrary to what the oligarchs want. Reagan was a good friend of Marcos but based on what I read on what happened behind the scenes during that tumultuous time in 1986, even Reagan bowed down to pressure from the people around him.

As for the wire tapping, perhaps this may help:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/102419/former-military-intelligence-group-head-tagged-in-garcillano-wiretap?utm_expid=.XqNwTug2W6nwDVUSgFJXed.1

If the wiretapping was done by the military, then I really see CIA's handiwork in it. No Filipino soldier will ever put his Commander-in-chief in jeopardy and hope to live to tell the story. Unless of course if somebody he considers more powerful than the President herself is behind it.

Edited by camiar

They say a picture paints a thousand words. Here is a blow by blow account of what happened and who attended that day during Imee's graduation from UP.

So you're basing it from the point of view of one of the attendees? Did you even read what the Dean at the time actually said about that supposed "graduation", as well as the rest of the faculties?

So you're basing it from the point of view of one of the attendees? Did you even read what the Dean at the time actually said about that supposed "graduation", as well as the rest of the faculties?

Read the whole article and not just the part you want to believe.

If the wiretapping was done by the military, then I really see CIA's handiwork in it. No Filipino soldier will ever put his Commander-in-chief in jeopardy and hope to live to tell the story. Unless of course if somebody he considers more powerful than the President herself is behind it.

Good point

I did. And the argument is very weak. See... attending a graduation (as a cosplayer, no less) and being included in an anniversary DOESN'T mean she EARNED a DEGREE.

The SIMPLEST proof, and I'm not sure why you have a hard time understanding this, is to present a DIPLOMA or a CERTIFICATION OF GRADUATION from the registrar.

It's so easy to do: just go to the registrar, pay for the fees and get it.

I've done this many times while applying for work, why is it that hard for her to do? Mas madamli pa nga gawin yun kaysa halungkatin sa baol yun picture mo na nag cosplay siya na graduate ng UP.

I did. And the argument is very weak. See... attending a graduation (as a cosplayer, no less) and being included in an anniversary DOESN'T mean she EARNED a DEGREE.

It is not weak because it is a detailed account of what happened that day. Why would you march on the stage in front of your parents and fellow graduates if you did not graduate? This is another dumb post which does not remotely discredit the writer.

The SIMPLEST proof, and I'm not sure why you have a hard time understanding this, is to present a DIPLOMA or a CERTIFICATION OF GRADUATION from the registrar.

No proof needed. A picture paints a thousand words and Imee is not the accuser. You prove that she did not graduate. Puputi muna ang uwak bago mo mapatunayan na hindi nagraduate sa UP si Imee. :lol:

It's so easy to do: just go to the registrar, pay for the fees and get it.

Easy to do pala e. E di gawin mo.

I've done this many times while applying for work, why is it that hard for her to do? Mas madamli pa nga gawin yun kaysa halungkatin sa baol yun picture mo na nag cosplay siya na graduate ng UP.

As if I give a rat's ass if you did this many times.

It is not weak because it is a detailed account of what happened that day. Why would you march on the stage in front of your parents and fellow graduates if you did not graduate? This is another dumb post which does not remotely discredit the writer.

Easy. Because the Marcos family are insecure and dumb and they want to pull PR stunt. Plus they control the government (with an iron fist) at the time.

No proof needed. A picture paints a thousand words and Imee is not the accuser. You prove that she did not graduate. Puputi muna ang uwak bago mo mapatunayan na hindi nagraduate sa UP si Imee. :lol:

Easy to do pala e. E di gawin mo.

As if I give a rat's ass if you did this many times.

Ahhh... we're not accusing her. The default belief is she did not graduate. She's the one who insists that she did. She should show proof. Yup, it's easy to do. But only the authorized person can do so. Parang sinasabi mo sa amin na maniwala kami sa multo na nakikita mo tapos kami ang papa produce mo ng proof? Maybe someone likke you would fall for that, but not us.

Can you ask her to authorize me to get her diploma, then? If you cannot, then ask her to do it herself!

She can't even do this simple task ONCE.

Edited by tk421

Obviously hindi ko siya iboboto. Pero fact pa din: wala siyang indisputable proof na may Law degree sya sa UP at Princeton.

At ang iboboto niyo ay isang sinungaling! Prove me wrong, I dare you. Show me her diploma~

Edited by tk421

http://library.superbrands.com/AAA%20Website%20Shop/Country%20Logos%20.png/PH%20Logo.png

Superbrands Marketing Inc. (SMI) is an international organization that vets the brands for its outstanding quality level.

Participation in Superbrands is by invitation only. Aside from Product Brands, SMI also give awards to outstanding performers in government and non-government organizations.

Superbrands Marketing Inc. (SMI) has named Ilocos Norte's Imee R. Marcos as Most Outstanding Governor. This is the third time she was awarded Superbrand status.

Other recipients of Superbrand awards for provincial governor category are:

Mujiv Hataman - ARMM

Wilhelminao Alvarado - Bulacan

Faustino Dy - Isabela

Edited by camiar

Ahhh... we're not accusing her. The default belief is she did not graduate. She's the one who insists that she did. She should show proof. Yup, it's easy to do. But only the authorized person can do so. Parang sinasabi mo sa amin na maniwala kami sa multo na nakikita mo tapos kami ang papa produce mo ng proof? Maybe someone likke you would fall for that, but not us.

Can you ask her to authorize me to get her diploma, then? If you cannot, then ask her to do it herself!

She can't even do this simple task ONCE.

You are not accusing her just like you are not arguing with me. Hahaha! Your belief default. Will your belief default make her lose in the coming elections? Haha! I really don't give a rat's ass what you think. You quote my post with a fatuous reply, I will discredit you thoroughly. I am used to it and laughing at your dumb posts. Keep it coming. :lol: