Saakin respect lang, each ones belief. Para peace.

You can share your beliefs on the topic, no need to bash or be sarcastic about anything... you can teach or preach, but at the end respect others if they do not share your point of view. Everyone is born in a different way so we cannot expect everyone to see the same things as each other sees it.

As Religious people believe in God, while Agnostics / Atheist do not, whether who is right or wrong, in the end it boils down to how we respect each other and live with each other peacefully, because that is a fact we live on the same earth.

Peace. Just Sharing my point of view.

Eto na lang ang isipin nyo, sa other side of life, at may huhusga sa atin (path 1 heaven or eternal peace at path 2 hell or eternal suffering) saan sa tingin nyo ang bagsak nyo? Peace yow ;)

Peace din bro, pero assuming alam mo kung ano ang atheist at agnostic: I'm curious why would you ask us this question?

That's his belief but you're accurate in pointing that this is indeed an agnostics & atheist thread. However, truth is independent no matter the belief or non-belief. But what is truth? Or Truth?

As Religious people believe in God, while Agnostics / Atheist do not, whether who is right or wrong, in the end it boils down to how we respect each other and live with each other peacefully, because that is a fact we live on the same earth.

Exactly right. Hence, a universal view such as Buddha's Eight-Fold path makes a lot of peaceful sense.

That's his belief but you're accurate in pointing that this is indeed an agnostics & atheist thread. However, truth is independent no matter the belief or non-belief. But what is truth? Or Truth?

The stronger the belief, the more the word "belief" becomes interchangeable with the word "truth". What to do with conflicting beliefs? They all have a share of believers. Even within a single religion like Christianity there are many opposing denominations that don't agree on the most important dogma. They can't all be true, right? But everybody claims to be on the side of truth while any opposing belief is "false". Well, everybody except agnostics.

• 1 month later...

The stronger the belief, the more the word "belief" becomes interchangeable with the word "truth". What to do with conflicting beliefs? They all have a share of believers. Even within a single religion like Christianity there are many opposing denominations that don't agree on the most important dogma. They can't all be true, right? But everybody claims to be on the side of truth while any opposing belief is "false". Well, everybody except agnostics.

That's just Christianity with hundreds groups with different/conflicting dogmas and teachings. And what about the Eastern Philosophies: lots of Hindus dogmas, Muslims (Sufis, Shiites, and Sunnis), Judaism (Orthodox, Reformists, Conservatives, and Kabbalists), Buddhism (Theravada, Mahayana, Tibetan, Zen, and Vipasana), Shintoism, Confucianism, Taoism, etc... And hundreds of Shamanism groups as well.

Hence if you're a sincere seeker for Spirituality at its deepest and most fundamental essence (without dogmas, beliefs, etc..), the path before you is almost impossible.

We can be good without God,I don't know who or what I believe in, but I'd like to consider the possibility of an afterlife. I don't want to burn in H*ck forever, and I'm having trouble finding a reason or the want to believe/follow God if he does exist.

Burn in hell eternally, is a Christian dogma. The Jews belief is that all will be saved by God's grace eventually. The Muslims belief is that you'll be burned in a definite time period and simply cease to exist.

The Eastern Philosophies belief is that hell is some sort of punishment for a definite period and then you'll eventually recycled into the unceasing cycle of birth and death.

Kabir and Ravidas followers have an entirely different view on God, Spirituality, and Mysticism.

Hi to you Agnostics and Aetheists. I believe in God, but please allow me to tell you that Agnostics and Aetheists number among the coolest, nicest, most tolerant people I know, way nicer than most people who love to repeat "Lord, Lord" in their prayers over and over again.

• 2 months later...

same here, i want to but can't find enough reason or logic to believe. too many inconsistencies in religious philosophies so i'm simply not convinced. born catholic but started being an agnostic in my early 20s when i started to see the real world.

faith is the game changer. for those who believe, no proof is necessary; and for those who don't, no proof will ever be enough. i simply lost faith after being exposed to the realities in life.

• Like (+1) 1

May be there is a God, maybe there isn't. As a matter of fact, I don't know any better. That's the sole reason why I'm agnostic.

To atheist and other agnostics, please don't try to defend your belief by disproving bible, quran, or other holy or unholy scriptures because you end up sounding exactly as the same person that you are trying to debunk.

Chill, life is such.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sharing my experience, because I've never been with a stranger atheist community(or whatnot). :)

There was a time when I'm still a man of prayer, in fact I was a seminarian.

Palaisipan sakin yung "Conscience", As what our mentors told us, that there are "callous conscience" too.

kumbaga ang tama ay mali tpos ang mali ay tama. Lagi ko na iniisip yung "conscience" ng masasamang tao ay ganoon kaya okay lng saknla gumawa ng mali.

Then one time, when I was so deep with my prayer, I suddenly realize I was only talking to my conscience. The God in me was the lessons I got from my parents.

And to cut my story short I became agnostic ever since that "faithful" day happend.

Moral of my life story, Don't go deep with prayer or you'll start to think "reasonably objective". LoL

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agnostic here,

Pero ang pangit lang sa ibang Atheist/Agnostic e parang nagiging elitist at piling ata nila mas matalino sila sa iba or utouto ung mga may religion. its not really about intelligence, papaniwalan ng tao ang gusto nilang paniwalan buhay nila yun.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Madami talagang namimilit ng kanilang paniwala. From both sides.

I have to admit I know a few atheists who are very argumentative. I just avoid triggering them and change the topic when it starts going in that direction. Meron talaga mga ganun ESPECIALLY sa pulitika. Buti may ganitong thread para may outlet tayo. Iwas ako pag usapan ang mainit na topic kapag mainitin ang kausap ko. Lalo na sa inuman!

I've also met some "preachy" believers who don't know when they are starting to get pushy and judgemental. I know they mean well, but being such strong believers, they don't notice it when they are disrespecting the other person. Dahil hindi kami maka-Diyos madalas kami palabasin na immoral at masama. Buti pa sa Muslim iwas sila maka-offend, pero samin mga "infidels" o "gentiles" acceptable lang yun tratuhin na mababa.

Ganun lang talaga hindi natin maiiwasan na pag-isipan ng kababawan ang kabilang side. Kapag may naunang mag draw ng first blood -- talo-talo na yan hindi matatapos sa magandang resulta. Kaya ang best policy para sakin sa public gathering ay iwasan o ibahin ang usapan.

• 5 months later...

My partner considered himself Agnostic and I forgot the other labels that he mentioned and draw to me, he hails from that well known univ. thats prominent from that kind of thinking;), Hes a blue blood actually, but I am regressing here, lol......I also hail from Uber conservative, Christian boarding school, since I was in grade school till I graduated in college, were the most conservative among the sect of Christians too,I think;), lots of Bawals to put it mildly..and we are mostly Bible based,

So, Put us together and one would think, we are always on each others throats for our extreme ideology, But NADA!!!, theres never even One heated argument about it, so far and after all this years........our secret?, We respect each others beliefs, I am interested to learn about his philosophy and he is interested to learn mine, we asked and listen with an open mind heart and mind, and try to understand each others point of view, we agree not to destroy our relationship because of mere ideologies, how people deemed them to be, how we deemed them to be, At the end of the day, it basically boils down to respect;)

Edited by annanicole19
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...