• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

No apologies wanted!

For decades, the Lopezes have been exploiting their control over ABS-CBN to influence the Philippine politics to favor their vested interests. No more!

They should just divest their interests in ABS-CBN and look for a professional, non-oligarch-owned corporation to take over.

Hopefully, stupid dramas like Probinsyano would be taken off the air already.

like dennis uy?

^^^ Does he own a professionally managed, non-oligarch-controlled entertainment media or broadcasting corporation?

Will Lopez sell to Dennis Uy in the first place?

How about to the owners of GMA Network -- Gozon, Jimenez, and Duavit families?

Or to TV 5 --- Manny Pangilinan?

The Lopezes can divest their ABS-CBN ownership to a public corporation and the non-owner management and staff of ABS-CBN can form their own corporation and professionally manage the network themselves.

Edited by camiar

The Lopezes can divest their ABS-CBN ownership to a public corporation and the non-owner management and staff of ABS-CBN can form their own corporation and professionally manage the network themselves.

or.... they can choose to continue with what they are doing since it is not illegal anyway.

although my money is on duterte, by last minute playing the hero game together with his clowns in the senate (babalu and pipoy), will allow the renewal of the abs cbn franchise.

or.... they can choose to continue with what they are doing since it is not illegal anyway.

although my money is on duterte, by last minute playing the hero game together with his clowns in the senate (babalu and pipoy), will allow the renewal of the abs cbn franchise.

nothing they do is illegal.

for instance, showing dumb shows on prime time is not illegal.

showing 3-minute drama segments followed by 7 minutes of advertisements is not illegal.

using your media network to make senators and congressmen that you control win in elections is not illegal.

Do we let lawyers define what should stop and what should continue just on the basis of legality?

nothing they do is illegal.

for instance, showing dumb shows on prime time is not illegal.

showing 3-minute drama segments followed by 7 minutes of advertisements is not illegal.

using your media network to make senators and congressmen that you control win in elections is not illegal.

Do we let lawyers define what should stop and what should continue just on the basis of legality?

better than letting a random guy just define what is dumb and what is not?

Edited by jopoc

defining dumb is easy.

if you enjoy ABS-CBN's noontime shows and the never-ending Probinsyano saga, and think they're smart, that's your poison.

try defining right and wrong.

it is not in my taste, but i am in no position to call it dumb.

any show that can survive a long time means its smart. it can address the entertainment needs of its patrons.

^^^ Spoken like a true lawyer.

Yes, marketing-wise, it's smart. And nothing illegal about that.

But no matter what your disclaimer is about your "neutral" position, it's implies to me that it's not in your taste because it's dumb, to be honest.

That's why ABS-CBN is accused of dumbing down the masses to make it easy for them to influence their choices and opinions on political and social issues.

For somebody like you who saw the value of Jojo Binay as Presidential candidate despite the black propaganda by the oligarchs, ABS-CBN included, I know you can discern the real truth from what seems to be true.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...