• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Bago ka umepal, why dont you double check your statement and see if it is correct. Only 3 out of the 7 quotes i made were by journalists so therefore "international community".

Do these people really represent the International Community? So? What term should I use? International meddlers? The reasons given by your "international community" reek of ignorance. Before they dip their fingers in this issue, they should review the case against Ressa rather than make moronic statements like that.

Edited by will robie

"You know a government is desperate when they arrest a journalist."- Christiane Amanpour, world renowned journalist

The international community weighs in. Bulag lang ang hindi nakakakita na this is yet another attempt to silence critics.

panoorin mo yung CNN interview kay Ressa at Panelo para mahimasmasan ka...

walang naging harrassment / shunga shunga lng yung abogado ni Ressa... pero technically plan nila yun para maging kaawa-awa at harrassment nga naman!

panoorin mo yung CNN interview kay Ressa at Panelo para mahimasmasan ka...

walang naging harrassment / shunga shunga lng yung abogado ni Ressa... pero technically plan nila yun para maging kaawa-awa at harrassment nga naman!

Thats your retort? I give you well respected, non partisan and internationally renowned individuals weighing in on the issue, and you give me sleazeball Panelo? Panelo is full of s@%t - he has always been and will always be full of s@%t. His job is to speak for Duterte - slight bias dont you think?

Do these people really represent the International Community? So? What term should I use? International meddlers? The reasons given by your "international community" reek of ignorance. Before they dip their fingers in this issue, they should review the case against Ressa rather than make moronic statements like that.

More of your so called ignorant international meddlers. Apparently, mga DDS lang ang matalino sa mundo.

“I was honored to welcome her and many of our media colleagues to last week’s local launch of the UK’s global media campaign. The British government supports a free media,” - Daniel Pruce, British Ambassador.

“Canada reiterates its call for due process to be respected and for journalists to be free from harassment and intimidation,” - Chrystia Freeland , Canadian Foreign Minister

Ressa’s arrest is an obvious violation of press freedom that should be denounced by all heads of states and governments. - Christophe Deloire, secretary-general of Reporters Without Borders

US Sen. Brian Schatz of Hawaii called for the charges against Ressa to be dropped, saying the Philippine government should focus on protecting democracy rather than trying to silence journalists.

New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists said freedom of the press is an essential pillar of democracy and human rights, calling on the government to drop all charges against Rappler and cease its campaign of harassment.

“The unrelenting harassment of the social news network, the latest indubitable demonstration of which is its beleaguered founder having just been served a warrant of arrest after office hours, belies all pretense of upholding press freedom by an administration that has from the get-go shown its abhorrence of an independent and critical press,” - Tess Bacalla, SEAPA excecutive director.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019/02/16/1894139/foreign-governments-weigh-maria-ressas-arrest

More of your so called ignorant international meddlers. Apparently, mga DDS lang ang matalino sa mundo.

Padamihan ba ng supporters? Haha! The fact of the matter is she has a case of cyber libel. Can these ignorant meddlers do anything about it?

The bottomline is whether Ressa will be convicted or not because these supporters can't do anything if she gets convicted and is behind bars. Will these same people you posted about gather in Edsa to show support for Ressa if she gets convicted? Good luck with that. Haha!

Edited by will robie

Padamihan ba ng supporters? Haha! The fact of the matter is she has a case of cyber libel. Can these ignorant meddlers do anything about it?

The bottomline is whether Ressa will be convicted or not because these supporters can't do anything if she gets convicted and is behind bars. Will these same people you posted about gather in Edsa to show support for Ressa if she gets convicted? Good luck with that. Haha!

There you go again yapping your nonsense. You totally missed the point Einstein. Sometimes I feel you just have keep on blabbering and that you always have to have the last word (even if it is off tangent). The argument was whether this is political harassment or not and NOT whether these guys can keep her out of jail.

There you go again yapping your nonsense. You totally missed the point Einstein. Sometimes I feel you just have keep on blabbering and that you always have to have the last word (even if it is off tangent). The argument was whether this is political harassment or not and NOT whether these guys can keep her out of jail.

An ad hominem to counter something which you don't have a retort to. Hahaha! Again , there is a cyber libel case against her. Where is the political harassment there? I am not the one who is off. It is glaringly apparent you did not understand what I posted. I did not miss the point. You did not understand what I posted. Edited by will robie

The government's beef against Ressa is that she heads a foreign-funded propaganda arm masquerading as a news organization. In addition, Rappler violates the country's rules of incorporation. That is one case.

This new one is a totally different case.

Maria Ressa was sued for cyber libel by a private individual.

The case went through due process in court (note: Judicial branch, not the Executive branch). She was informed by the court about the case filed against her and was given enough time to prepare to post bail. She deliberately ignored the advise and she allowed herself to be arrested to gain media mileage.

It is a private libel case being handled in a the court of justice.

Whatever the so called "international community" say, they cannot do anything about a private case.

Let the case move on.

BTW, to those who are ignorant about international relations, "International Community" refers to governments of countries. The official opinions of governments are given as official pronouncements by their respective Foreign Affairs Department. Opinions of individuals, whoever they are, are considered private opinions if it is not declared through Foreign Affairs , and therefore not part of "International Community" response.

Edited by camiar

The government's beef against Ressa is that she heads a foreign-funded propaganda arm masquerading as a news organization....

First sentence mo palang questionable na eh. What makes you say that Rappler is a propaganda arm? What, to be excact, is the propaganda they are spreading?

Thats your retort? I give you well respected, non partisan and internationally renowned individuals weighing in on the issue, and you give me sleazeball Panelo? Panelo is full of s@%t - he has always been and will always be full of s@%t. His job is to speak for Duterte - slight bias dont you think?

im referring on the process which led to Ressa's Drama..

kahit na Lackey ni Pduts si Panelo... he's talking about the process... eh binigyan ka ng isang araw para magfile ng bail hindi mo ginawa....sasabihin mo harrassment!

retort retort ka pang nalalaman... labo mo tlagang magisip

im referring on the process which led to Ressa's Drama..

kahit na Lackey ni Pduts si Panelo... he's talking about the process... eh binigyan ka ng isang araw para magfile ng bail hindi mo ginawa....sasabihin mo harrassment!

retort retort ka pang nalalaman... labo mo tlagang magisip

Paniwalang paniwala ka sa mga palusot ni Panelo what you fail to see are the minor "inconveniences" given to Ressa. Now before you parrot Panelo and say that Ressa wants "special treatment", let me remind you that 1)libel is just a minor case and 2)the charge is ludicrous to begin with (NBI already found it to be baseless last year). Having said that, one has to ask, why is the DOJ treating Ressa (still innocent until proven guilty and minor case) like she is public enemy #1 while the likes of Imelda Marcos (GUILTY of graft and corruption) doesn't even spend a single minute in jail? This is Ressa's 6th charge and she already spent more money for bail than Marcos who stole billions. Where are the priorities of the Duterte administration?

Paniwalang paniwala ka sa mga palusot ni Panelo what you fail to see are the minor "inconveniences" given to Ressa. Now before you parrot Panelo and say that Ressa wants "special treatment", let me remind you that 1)libel is just a minor case and 2)the charge is ludicrous to begin with (NBI already found it to be baseless last year). Having said that, one has to ask, why is the DOJ treating Ressa (still innocent until proven guilty and minor case) like she is public enemy #1 while the likes of Imelda Marcos (GUILTY of graft and corruption) doesn't even spend a single minute in jail? This is Ressa's 6th charge and she already spent more money for bail than Marcos who stole billions. Where are the priorities of the Duterte administration?

Imelda was convicted of graft for setting up a non-profit foundation in Switzerland, which she's not allowed to do as a government official. Yun lang yun.

Where in the graft conviction did it ever say that she stole billions?

If she were convicted of stealing billions, she'd be in jail now. The case would not have been graft, but plunder, a non-bailable offense.

Did Ressa spend any time in jail? When?

Stick to facts.

Masyado kang emotional.

Edited by camiar

Point out the lame excuse of Panelo. I don't expect you to do that because I don't think you can point out that alleged lame excuse. Libel is a minor case but it gets you in jail so, yeah, it is really minor. How is the charge ludicrous? Show how is it ludicrous because as it is, this is just your warped opinion.

Imelda was convicted of graft for setting up a non-profit foundation in Switzerland, which she's not allowed to do as a government official. Yun lang yun.

Where in the graft conviction did it ever say that she stole billions?

If she were convicted of stealing billions, she'd be in jail now. The case would not have been graft, but plunder, a non-bailable offense.

Did Ressa spend any time in jail? When?

Stick to facts.

Masyado kang emotional.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/imelda-marcos-convicted-graft-sentenced-prison-n934356

"The special anti-graft Sandiganbayan court sentenced Marcos, 89, to serve 6 to 11 years in prison for each of the seven counts of violating an anti-corruption law when she illegally funneled about $200 million to Swiss foundations in the 1970s as Metropolitan Manila governor."

Tungkol naman dun kay Ressa, I never said she was jailed. She was, however, kept in detention for a night because of what i call "subtle harassment" by the administration. They served the warrant in a way that she would not be able to post bail until the courts opened the next morning.

As usual, another warped opinion. Pag tinanong at nacorner, tiklop na naman. :lol:

Yeah well my "warped opinion" is shared with notable, distinguished and well respected individuals and organizations all over the world - something you cannot say about yours and Panelo's opinion.

PS. hindi ako tumiklop. ayoko lang mag aksaya ng oras sa mga argumento mong walang kwenta.

Edited by juan t