• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Wow. There's a world of differences between these two. One is invading our territory, one is defending human life (Filipino lives at that).

And even then alleged influence is still not ownership whoever else Rappler is supporting.

you don't get my point.

read back and understand the context.

No, we're not.

What she does with her personal time is her prerogative.

As stated in my example. If she posts during an official function. Is that personal time? And if her blog is a means to fulfill her duties as Communications Secretary is that not paying her for her blog?

you don't get my point.

read back and understand the context.

There's no need. It's still pretty clear that because Rappler is focusing on human rights issue, they have to be taken down by the government.

The foreign ownership issue is just a smokescreen to make it seem they're doing something legal. Very strong-arm tactic similar to what is being employed by PRC on 'dissidents'.

There's no need. It's still pretty clear that because Rappler is focusing on human rights issue, they have to be taken down by the government.

The foreign ownership issue is just a smokescreen to make it seem they're doing something legal. Very strong-arm tactic similar to what is being employed by PRC on 'dissidents'.

How would you take it if some Chinese individuals acquired PDR investments on Rappler and Maria Ressa suddenly extols the benevolence of Chinese towards its neighbors, after which SEC questions Rappler's ownership and revokes its license?

Edited by camiar

How would you take it if some Chinese individuals acquired PDR investments on Rappler and Maria Ressa suddenly extols the benevolence of Chinese towards its neighbors, after which SEC questions Rappler's ownership and revokes its license?

Depends on the Context. Does China at that time have territorial disputes with us or no?

Depends on the Context. Does China at that time have territorial disputes with us or no?

Yes, they have! Everybody knows that.

In this case it is China who would be using Rappler to sway public opinion. How would you react then?

Edited by camiar

As stated in my example. If she posts during an official function. Is that personal time? And if her blog is a means to fulfill her duties as Communications Secretary is that not paying her for her blog?

That's an oxymoron. She cannot post in her personal blog as an official function.

She can post outside her official time. She can post during break time, during lunch, and in the evening.

Heck! Even Donald Trump use Twitter. Why can't she?

That's an oxymoron. She cannot post in her personal blog as an official function.

She can post outside her official time. She can post during break time, during lunch, and in the evening.

Heck! Even Donald Trump use Twitter. Why can't she?

And you think people are happy that Donald is tweeting while he's supposed to be doing his presidential duties?

By official function I meant if she's in an event, during official time and she writes a live blog post. Hope that's clear enough.

Yes, they have! Everybody knows that.

In this case it is China who would be using Rappler to sway public opinion. How would you react then?

In that context (with China still having territorial disputes with us), then yes, I will protest as that would mean it's cuddling with an enemy.

But that's not the case, is it? Rappler is writing about human rights and whether or not it's being influenced by a foreign entity is immaterial to me, if it's championing human decency, then I'm behind it.

And you think people are happy that Donald is tweeting while he's supposed to be doing his presidential duties?

By official function I meant if she's in an event, during official time and she writes a live blog post. Hope that's clear enough.

FYI lang, Pwede naman magkaiba yung personal blogs at yung gamit niya para sa mga official functions. Same with email, may corporate email ka pero meron ka ring personal emails like gmail, etc.

FYI lang, Pwede naman magkaiba yung personal blogs at yung gamit niya para sa mga official functions. Same with email, may corporate email ka pero meron ka ring personal emails like gmail, etc.

Pinapa complicate niyo naman. Sabi nga kung nag blog siya sa Mocha Uson blog during an official function/event/whatever or during office hours, diba effectively binabayaran natin sya?

Same as if you're take a crap in the rest room during office hours, the company is effectively paying you while you're taking a dump diba?

Anyways I'm taking offence that my tax money is helping pay her bills.

In that context (with China still having territorial disputes with us), then yes, I will protest as that would mean it's cuddling with an enemy.

But that's not the case, is it? Rappler is writing about human rights and whether or not it's being influenced by a foreign entity is immaterial to me, if it's championing human decency, then I'm behind it.

You mean, sleeping with the enemy....

Foreign investors can use their ownership of the local media to enable them to use use it to sway public opinion.

Rappler's has swayed the public opinion, including yours, by playing the Western card on human rights issues against out government's anti-drug campaign.

With Chinese influence, Rappler is also capable of swaying public opinion on any other issue, in favor of the Chinese.

That is precisely why our constitution prohibits foreign ownership of local media. And SEC found the loophole that foreigners use to invest money into Rappler and thereby potentially use it to influence their publication contents.

Pinapa complicate niyo naman. Sabi nga kung nag blog siya sa Mocha Uson blog during an official function/event/whatever or during office hours, diba effectively binabayaran natin sya?

Same as if you're take a crap in the rest room during office hours, the company is effectively paying you while you're taking a dump diba?

Anyways I'm taking offence that my tax money is helping pay her bills.

Wrong.

Check with DOLE.

The company is not paying you while you are taking a dump.

It is your right as a worker to to have time for natural bodily functions including:

• taking a brief rest after a period of continuous repetitive movement (e.g. computer use, machine operation, etc... - time periods as recommended by the the company's Safety and Health Committee )
  • taking 15 minute break after 2 hours of work (e,g. cofee break)
  • taking lunch / dinner (1 hour)
  • taking a brief breaks to answer call of nature

If you use this time to blog on your Cellphone, you're doing it on your personal time.

Mocha Uson enjoys these rights the same as you do. So, don't take offense.