• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Diet

i just read this E-Book packed in the Turbulence Training E-books i downloaded from torrent.

you cannot call this diet as the author says, but i gave it a try.

Simple: Fasting.

You fast for 24h, twice a week.

i know most of you guys would react on this. I tried it already this week. though not thoroughly fasting. i mean the idea of it, since i ate fruits time and again to suffice if i really think i cant make it 24h tops. liquids most of the time.

the easiest interval for me would be after i eat my lunch. i stack my lunch but not too much.. so i will last until tomorrow's lunch wherein im back with 3x a day meals. i just have fruit shakes to substitute for my dinner and i even hit the gym that night of my initial fasting. one thing noticeably true and amazing is that you wont feel weak while working out even if you did not take a premeal workout. liquids help me out.

after your fasting you can return to your regular eating habits, or dietary plans if you have one.

of course, be LEAN, not MEAN.. (",)

• 1 month later...

My daily diet is two bowls of Oatmeals, 2 sandwich w tomato, lettuce, cucumber either with salami, pastrami, or lean ham. and lots of water.

With non-fat milk in the morning.

Plus two days of badminton in a week.

Lumiit ako ng mga 25 pounds in two months time.

Then proteins every weekend, chicken and beef.

Trimming down one has to lessen sweets and carbohydrates.

Trimming down one has to lessen sweets and carbohydrates.

not really. in fact, i get most of my calories from carbohydrates.

the thing about carbohydrates is that certain types are best eaten at certain times of the day (depending on the composition).

> fruits like apples and oranges, all kinds of vegetables, legumes, sweet potatoes, and oats are best eaten as breakfast, pre-workout, as they supply you with slow-digesting sugars to provide energy throughout the day. they also don't cause insulin spikes.

> starchy carbohydrates like pasta, bread, rice, grains, potatoes, bananas are best eaten a few hours (at most) after a workout, as to take advantage of the increased insulin tolerance caused by physical activity.

> sweets are best tolerated by the body during or immediately after a workout, when blood sugar levels are low. that explains why people drink sports drinks, and why most runners have an occasional sweet tooth.

Edited by Palakol
  • 2 weeks later...

the thing about carbohydrates is that certain types are best eaten at certain times of the day (depending on the composition).

> fruits like apples and oranges, all kinds of vegetables, legumes, sweet potatoes, and oats are best eaten as breakfast, pre-workout, as they supply you with slow-digesting sugars to provide energy throughout the day. they also don't cause insulin spikes.

> starchy carbohydrates like pasta, bread, rice, grains, potatoes, bananas are best eaten a few hours (at most) after a workout, as to take advantage of the increased insulin tolerance caused by physical activity.

> sweets are best tolerated by the body during or immediately after a workout, when blood sugar levels are low. that explains why people drink sports drinks, and why most runners have an occasional sweet tooth.

Thanks for the tips, sir. Is that you in your avatar?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks boss! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

I lost weight when I started eating steamed chicken and steam kamote. Now I usually have s=tuna, kamote and ots of steamed or raw vegetables. Almost no white rice, occassional brown rice. I get my carbs from oatmeal for breakfast and snacks. To date I have lost more than 12 pounds and I have leaned out a lot. Based on a skinfold test (IF this is accurate) my body fat percentage is now at 13.5%. :)

• 1 month later...

http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

The T-Nation.com articles at the bottom of the page should suffice for those looking for scientific basis...

I'm on the cutting version of the diet for over a month now. As opposed to other low-carb diets, energy remains high. It does get noticably lower on the 4th and 5th day so one could get around this by scheduling more gruelling workouts at the start of the week.

One drawback though, it could get expensive...

• 3 months later...