Falling For A Therapist - Merged Thread

i guess logic goes out of the window when emotions takes over. well just go slowly and time will tell if you are right for each other. seeing her a few hours every week is really not enough time to get to know a person inside out. took me more than 5yrs to get to know my ex and it was too late anymore to do anything about it children and all.

its a rude awakening to find out things are not what they seem to say the least. dry.gif

Here here! The most stupid thing you can say to rationalize this all is "it takes someone who understands from the heart...... blah blah effin blah!". First of all, you do not use your heart to understand, you only use it to feel. You understand with your mind with what your hearts feels. Kung puro ka puso at puson, dyan ka mapapahamak lalo. Actually, any person who has gone through several relationships should know this. Mga taong walang emotional maturity lang ang gagawa ng puro lang "understand from the heart" na kalokohan na yan.

Tama ka din, hindi naman kasi parang rom-com o soap opera ang totoong mundo na laging may happy ending sa huli. In the real world even the best love stories do not always have happy endings.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for all your responses. I know where I satnd and yes, emotions are still getting in the way of logical and reasonable thinking. And yes, the mind should be the ultimate decision maker but hormones triggered by emotions coipled with the attachment to the girl bring forth mixed decisions. No matter how I weigh things, emotions still get in the way But I am taking the long road towards our relationship.

Honestly, she just texted me that she has no more budget...but she is not imposing on me. Its; just to inform me and she is making means to support herself with my measly allowance for her. And she insist I do not give her the money but rather she took a loan from her manager....and she will pay up on her own....again I am not rich but the question is, why does she still want me and love me. Now, if you are asking or contemplating if she will go VIP tonight, it maybe so...however, I have a trusted friend that she does not know of that will be in the bar that she works...lets say an entrapment laid by my friend where they will ask for VIP time...let;s see what happens...

BTW, my GF is working in one of the more classy bars in the likes of Pega/AF1/HB/EA and I wouldn't say where exactly....my friend and I had a conversation and said he is willing to be my PI

Updates tomorrow

Thanks for all your responses. I know where I satnd and yes, emotions are still getting in the way of logical and reasonable thinking. And yes, the mind should be the ultimate decision maker but hormones triggered by emotions coipled with the attachment to the girl bring forth mixed decisions. No matter how I weigh things, emotions still get in the way But I am taking the long road towards our relationship.

Honestly, she just texted me that she has no more budget...but she is not imposing on me. Its; just to inform me and she is making means to support herself with my measly allowance for her. And she insist I do not give her the money but rather she took a loan from her manager....and she will pay up on her own....again I am not rich but the question is, why does she still want me and love me. Now, if you are asking or contemplating if she will go VIP tonight, it maybe so...however, I have a trusted friend that she does not know of that will be in the bar that she works...lets say an entrapment laid by my friend where they will ask for VIP time...let;s see what happens...

BTW, my GF is working in one of the more classy bars in the likes of Pega/AF1/HB/EA and I wouldn't say where exactly....my friend and I had a conversation and said he is willing to be my PI

Updates tomorrow

Have your friend try to get her to go VIP, if your friend gets to do her, then it's confirmed, but don't k*ll your friend because he did you a favor.

i have known her for about 3 years and were are bf/gf for 1 year 2 months...

So this is right after she gave birth? How about the father of the child. Is he a customer once like you also? Just curious, maybe she is thinking about the future of her child. and like to settle down.

Updates tomorrow

If I maybe honest lang, maybe you should not have entered the relationship at all if you needed to come up with such an elaborate scheme to find out more about her. Here is the clear fact my man. YOU DO NOT TRUST HER. Not completely at least. Love is not enough to sustain a relationship man. You gotta establish trust and mutual respect. You gotta make sacrifices too. Being happy should not be the only gauge you should use to see if you are gonna head towards a good healthy relationship.

Now as to why she chose you though you are not really that rich, well marami pa din ibig sabihin yan. I dont mean to judge your girl man, but lets just try to present all possible scenarios. OK babae pa din sya kahit papano. She does see something in you she likes obviously. Maybe she loves you even. But that does not mean she can't use you, financially or emotionally. Pwede din kasing mas pipiliin nya yung lalake na hindi man ganun kayaman, maayos naman syang trinatrato at kahit papano nasusutentuhan pa sya. Kesa naman sa mayaman na ibibigay nga lahat ng luho nya, bababuyin naman sya ng sobra. Maybe she does like it na you treat her like a queen, but that does not mean hindi kasama financial factor kahit papano why she is keeping you around. Ang tanong, pano kung makahanap din sya ng someone kaya tapatan pagiging romantic mo at mas mataba ang bulsa?

Pero sige, Ill be a bit positive. Hopefully, she will leave that job of hers para maging sayo na sya exclusively at wala ka na dahilan pa para mainsecure. Ang sakin lang, naglalaro ka ng russian roulette kasi sa ginagawa mo. Hindi buo ang tiwala mo sa kanya pero gusto mo pa din pasukin ito.

So this is right after she gave birth? How about the father of the child. Is he a customer once like you also? Just curious, maybe she is thinking about the future of her child. and like to settle down.

Yup, after she gave birth. Yung father ng child nya was not a customer. She was only forced to work in bars/clubs dahil sa father ng child nya na abusado. They have lived-in together for about 1 year after she gave birth but since she was a bettered "wife" (hindi sila kasal), she decided to move out. Medyo may kaya yung ex nya pero ndi nya kaya yung pang-aabuso sa kanya. Yes, and she mentioned she wants a normal life but she does not want to settle until she proves she can stand on her own and not just becasue of me...Well, she mentioned that to me. I even said I can provide for her but she does not want to settle down and just rely on me for money...She said she wants to finish school, work "normally" and that's the time she will settle down.

If I maybe honest lang, maybe you should not have entered the relationship at all if you needed to come up with such an elaborate scheme to find out more about her. Here is the clear fact my man. YOU DO NOT TRUST HER. Not completely at least. Love is not enough to sustain a relationship man. You gotta establish trust and mutual respect. You gotta make sacrifices too. Being happy should not be the only gauge you should use to see if you are gonna head towards a good healthy relationship.

Now as to why she chose you though you are not really that rich, well marami pa din ibig sabihin yan. I dont mean to judge your girl man, but lets just try to present all possible scenarios. OK babae pa din sya kahit papano. She does see something in you she likes obviously. Maybe she loves you even. But that does not mean she can't use you, financially or emotionally. Pwede din kasing mas pipiliin nya yung lalake na hindi man ganun kayaman, maayos naman syang trinatrato at kahit papano nasusutentuhan pa sya. Kesa naman sa mayaman na ibibigay nga lahat ng luho nya, bababuyin naman sya ng sobra. Maybe she does like it na you treat her like a queen, but that does not mean hindi kasama financial factor kahit papano why she is keeping you around. Ang tanong, pano kung makahanap din sya ng someone kaya tapatan pagiging romantic mo at mas mataba ang bulsa?

Pero sige, Ill be a bit positive. Hopefully, she will leave that job of hers para maging sayo na sya exclusively at wala ka na dahilan pa para mainsecure. Ang sakin lang, naglalaro ka ng russian roulette kasi sa ginagawa mo. Hindi buo ang tiwala mo sa kanya pero gusto mo pa din pasukin ito.

Agree po ako sa sinasabi mo sir. I still do not trust her completely. That's why we have a thing called ligawan or courtship period and GF/BF period. Trust is not earned overnight..it will take time. Agree din ako sau sir to say that being happy should not be the only baseline or gauge. I am not questioning why she chose me...you might be right and I am actually leaning towards your statement. Kung may mapili man syang iba, then I have to swallow my pride and live with it. Else, it might work.

And thanks for being positive man...again, trust does not come overnight. our relationship is till in its infancy stage. One question is, do anyone of you entered a relationship trusting your partner 100% agad? did it take time for you to fully trust her/him? Does the past of your partner really affect you in such a manner that you lose your "love" for her/him?

Salamat ulit sa mga responses. Eye opener po mga tanong ninyo...yung mga opinion ninyo. Mahirap talaga ma-in love...maganda talaga may 3rd party opinion.

Mabuhay MTC! and mabuhay mga ka-MTC!

Agree po ako sa sinasabi mo sir. I still do not trust her completely. That's why we have a thing called ligawan or courtship period and GF/BF period. Trust is not earned overnight..it will take time. Agree din ako sau sir to say that being happy should not be the only baseline or gauge. I am not questioning why she chose me...you might be right and I am actually leaning towards your statement. Kung may mapili man syang iba, then I have to swallow my pride and live with it. Else, it might work.

And thanks for being positive man...again, trust does not come overnight. our relationship is till in its infancy stage. One question is, do anyone of you entered a relationship trusting your partner 100% agad? did it take time for you to fully trust her/him? Does the past of your partner really affect you in such a manner that you lose your "love" for her/him?

Salamat ulit sa mga responses. Eye opener po mga tanong ninyo...yung mga opinion ninyo. Mahirap talaga ma-in love...maganda talaga may 3rd party opinion.

Well, kaya nga mas maganda sa kahit na anong relasyon magestablish kayo ng trust as friends muna. Hindi minamadali at masyado nagpapadala sa silakbo ng damdamin, para sa GF/BF period walang insecurities di ba? Mas enjoy ang honeymoon stage better.

As for your question, ito personal opinion ko. Mas maganda yung walang skeletons inside the closet. Clean slate ika nga. Gusto ko alam ng babae lahat sa nakaraan ko at ganun din ako sa kanya. If she can accept me for what I am then she deserves my heart and trust. At syempre, dapat maliwanag na past na yun. We take each other as who we are not who we were. Kung may isang detalye sa nakaraan ang bigla na lang sumulpot it might ruin what you built eh.

But ano pa magagawa namin, andyan ka na. All we can do is hope for the best para sayo and sana nga your little risk will pay off. If not, well there is no real easy way to prepare you for the potential heartbreak. Maybe you are the kind of guy who easily moves on hopefully. Nonetheless, magkakaroon ng peklat pa din yan sa puso mo... so Ingatan mo yan ng mabuti.

Remember feel with your heart, but decide with your mind.

Yup, after she gave birth. Yung father ng child nya was not a customer. She was only forced to work in bars/clubs dahil sa father ng child nya na abusado. They have lived-in together for about 1 year after she gave birth but since she was a bettered "wife" (hindi sila kasal), she decided to move out. Medyo may kaya yung ex nya pero ndi nya kaya yung pang-aabuso sa kanya. Yes, and she mentioned she wants a normal life but she does not want to settle until she proves she can stand on her own and not just becasue of me...Well, she mentioned that to me. I even said I can provide for her but she does not want to settle down and just rely on me for money...She said she wants to finish school, work "normally" and that's the time she will settle down.

Easier said than done especially with a kid. Own business is best option for me but you must educate her how to run the business. I think she has a good intention to work out with your relationship so good luck bro. A success stroy in not often in this thread.

Sana happy ending ang relationship na ito. Good luck sa iyo pre.:rolleyes:

Just to answer your question about trust in a relationship and this is my opinion only. When you start a relationship you really start off with trusting your partner 100%. So the answer is definitely a yes. Now during the course of your relationship you can break that trust then the percentage goes down or you might completely loose the trust. So if you ask me, starting a relationship with less than a 100% trust is probably not a good idea. Of course everything is really up to you. Good luck.

if the girl was in another line of business this may apply but since she would just say things that you want to hear, it would be prudent not to trust her completely. you wouldnt trust a used car salesman 100% would you? I would think a used car salesman is more trust worthy than some of the girls here. haha J/K rolleyes.gif

That's exactly my point. If you can't even trust her 100% then why even go in a relationship with her? Unless you have some other motivation for doing so. Which means its not really love and also does not give you the right to ask for her loyalty.

Loyalty and Trust are two different things. In every relationship, do you really trust your partner 100% at the onset where you first met her/him? I highly doubt it. Even if the the partner does not come in the bar /clubbing line of business (let;s say an office worker). you build trust as you go on with your relationship. Would you believe if your partner say that she is dating you exclusively right off the bat? Would you believe your partner 100% if she/he tells you that she/he is already at home ready to sleep (and the truth is, she/he is at a bar with friends, etc..)Either you are gullible or outright a very mild-mannered, very trust giving person. But unfortunately, I am not. I need to see if the person I will be sharing my life with is trust-worthy.

You see, trust is not asked for..it is earned...right? that;s why we have the saying, "You do not ask for someone to trust you, you have to earn it"....meanwhile loyalty can be asked for. Someone can be loyal to you without even trusting that person...its like this...out of necessity, someone can be loyal to you..but once they see an opportunity, they can quickly change sides....but if you truly trust a person(and vice-versa), whether you go bankrupt or sell fishball on the street, that trust will remain (unless otherwise you or your partner gives you a reason NOT to trust him/her anymore...betrayal of trust).

'Nuf with the sermon...bottomline here is we go into relationships (not marriage) because we want to know our partners better. We want to know their past not to argue about it but to see if we can accept those past and live on the present and future. We want to know if they are hiding something which might haunt the relationship in the future, we want to know if we are indeed comaptible on most things...we want to know if they are "trust-worthy"...If you trust your partner 100% at the start of your relationship, is there a sense in courtships, GF/BF period, etc...then go straight to marriage (if you believe in marriage)...A lot of failed relationships happen because of lack of trust...or the betrayal of trust.

For myself, I do know the consequences of getting into this kind of relationship. I know how it feels to be betrayed but I DO KNOW how it feels to be loved. I know the feeling between true & unconditional love and "CONDITIONAL love ( if we can call it love). This is still the testing period of my relationship. I repeat, my relationship with my GF now is still in its infancy stage. I knowing there will be more challenges. But as an example...I have been proven wrong at least a dozen times by my GF...what we call tamang hinala-on my end. Up to this day, I cannot find a single iota of an evidence that she has been unfaithful to me...be it during work or outside work. whether she can hide and keep secrets like the NSA or CIA or plainly, she is telling the truth of her whereabouts, whom she is with and etc...

anyway, many thanks for the healthy suggestions, discussions, opinion, feedback and advice. Trust me (pun intended) that all these are taken very well...all are digested and absorbed by me. All positive..no negative.

Many thanks MTC and MTC'ers.! Mabuhay po kaung lahat!! :D

"A man who trusts everyone is a fool and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools if we live long enough."

There will come a time in everyone's life where we will trust someone we shouldn't have OR mistrust someone who actually deserved our trust.

So the big question - how do you know if the girl genuinely likes you?

Time, through thick and thin, for richer and for poorer, does not live beyond means....a lot of variable and a lot of situations where we (i) would know. I guess really the old adage "..only time will tell" but AFAIK, it is genuine (or at least that's what I want to think. And this is the same reason why I posted in this thread/forum.

And don't get me wrong, as I mentioned, every advice, suggestion, opinion, experience, etc...is to be swallowed, digested and absorbed probably not only by me but for other GM's who are in the same predicament (I am almost sure we have GM's here in the same situation...only to shy to say it). Maybe we also have ladies here who are in the same situation.

No response is taken in the negative. I have received a couple of PM's already indicating my options and what options they had and what they have done. Might work for me, might not...too many variables to consider...but what I know is, my feelings for her is true. If she reciprocates (which is what happening today) and continues, we can take our relationship to the next level and so on...

One GM commented that he did not get into a relationship to build trust...but to build a relationship. That is true, for most of us. So far, I have not seen anything which can be considered as betrayal of trust...some of us are just born un-trusting...while others have been betrayed before (like I was by my ex-wife for 15 years).

Anyway, thanks again and keep those responses coming in.

Thanks for this thread..really helping a lot. MTC does have a lot of intellectual people...a lot of "opinionated" personalities..and am glad no one is trolling (none yet .. :) )

Goodnight (morning) everyone!

Loyalty and Trust are two different things. In every relationship, do you really trust your partner 100% at the onset where you first met her/him? I highly doubt it. Even if the the partner does not come in the bar /clubbing line of business (let;s say an office worker). you build trust as you go on with your relationship. Would you believe if your partner say that she is dating you exclusively right off the bat? Would you believe your partner 100% if she/he tells you that she/he is already at home ready to sleep (and the truth is, she/he is at a bar with friends, etc..)Either you are gullible or outright a very mild-mannered, very trust giving person. But unfortunately, I am not. I need to see if the person I will be sharing my life with is trust-worthy.

You see, trust is not asked for..it is earned...right? that;s why we have the saying, "You do not ask for someone to trust you, you have to earn it"....meanwhile loyalty can be asked for. Someone can be loyal to you without even trusting that person...its like this...out of necessity, someone can be loyal to you..but once they see an opportunity, they can quickly change sides....but if you truly trust a person(and vice-versa), whether you go bankrupt or sell fishball on the street, that trust will remain (unless otherwise you or your partner gives you a reason NOT to trust him/her anymore...betrayal of trust).

'Nuf with the sermon...bottomline here is we go into relationships (not marriage) because we want to know our partners better. We want to know their past not to argue about it but to see if we can accept those past and live on the present and future. We want to know if they are hiding something which might haunt the relationship in the future, we want to know if we are indeed comaptible on most things...we want to know if they are "trust-worthy"...If you trust your partner 100% at the start of your relationship, is there a sense in courtships, GF/BF period, etc...then go straight to marriage (if you believe in marriage)...A lot of failed relationships happen because of lack of trust...or the betrayal of trust.

For myself, I do know the consequences of getting into this kind of relationship. I know how it feels to be betrayed but I DO KNOW how it feels to be loved. I know the feeling between true & unconditional love and "CONDITIONAL love ( if we can call it love). This is still the testing period of my relationship. I repeat, my relationship with my GF now is still in its infancy stage. I knowing there will be more challenges. But as an example...I have been proven wrong at least a dozen times by my GF...what we call tamang hinala-on my end. Up to this day, I cannot find a single iota of an evidence that she has been unfaithful to me...be it during work or outside work. whether she can hide and keep secrets like the NSA or CIA or plainly, she is telling the truth of her whereabouts, whom she is with and etc...

anyway, many thanks for the healthy suggestions, discussions, opinion, feedback and advice. Trust me (pun intended) that all these are taken very well...all are digested and absorbed by me. All positive..no negative.

Many thanks MTC and MTC'ers.! Mabuhay po kaung lahat!! :D

I agree, kaya nga there is some level of trust you will give to a friend, a different level of trust when she becomes a girlfriend, and a much higher level pag asawa mo na. And with trust there are some things you give and take. Sa observation ko kasi, tingin ko, you gave too much too soon. Binigay mo na kaagad puso mo, at sinusustentuhan mo ng konti kahit hindi mo pa nakuha yung tamang level of security. OO masaya ka kahit papano, pero andun yung nangangamba ka pa din. A relationship wont be healthy that way.

Pero naiintindihan kita, sa buhay kelangan minsan sumugal. I think lahat naman dito naramdaman na yung mahalin at magmahal. OO napakasarap. Yung tipo bang kahit magkanda leche leche na araw mo, basta alam mo may isang tao na andyan sa buhay mo, sasabihin mo pa din na napakaganda ng buhay. We all long for that feeling. Kaya nga in a way you wanna prove the naysayers wrong. You wanna find things that will support or even validate your decisions in the end. And why not? A happy ending is always worth risking right? Kaya sasabihin mo sa sarili mo talaga, OK lang, handa ako masaktan kaya ko ito. Nga lang mas madali lagi yan sabihin. Its like watching a boxing match and imagining kaya mo tumanggap ng suntok, pero iba na pag talagang tinatamaan ka na. And hindi lang yan, dyan papasok panghihinayang, pagsisisi, etc. I know at this point you wanna say you wont go down that road, but like I said its different when you are actually on that road na.

Kaya always control your passion, and calculate your risks properly. Yes feel with your heart, but do not let it reason out everything. One common phrase guys who come in this thread say is "Hindi nyo kasi naiintindihan pakiramdam". Actually naiintindihan namin kasi lahat naman tayo nakakaranas magmahal at mahalin. Ang totoo nyan, mas mahirap intindihin ang isang sitwasyon kung lagi na lang emosyon at hindi utak ang gagamitin.

Ganun pa man, andyan na yan. Coming from someone who has been through a sh!t-load of pain, I can only wish the best for you

^ Mr. Count of Monte Cristo, I think everyone (except that one guy who went ballistic on you in the past) will agree that your posts have been invaluable for everyone in this thread. You have been objective, fair, and at the very least, tried to be gentle in your choice of words. We need people like you posting here your views. Thanks, bro!

Although I do find it hard to read your posts when they are mostly Filipino. LoL

I agree, kaya nga there is some level of trust you will give to a friend, a different level of trust when she becomes a girlfriend, and a much higher level pag asawa mo na. And with trust there are some things you give and take. Sa observation ko kasi, tingin ko, you gave too much too soon. Binigay mo na kaagad puso mo, at sinusustentuhan mo ng konti kahit hindi mo pa nakuha yung tamang level of security. OO masaya ka kahit papano, pero andun yung nangangamba ka pa din. A relationship wont be healthy that way.

Pero naiintindihan kita, sa buhay kelangan minsan sumugal. I think lahat naman dito naramdaman na yung mahalin at magmahal. OO napakasarap. Yung tipo bang kahit magkanda leche leche na araw mo, basta alam mo may isang tao na andyan sa buhay mo, sasabihin mo pa din na napakaganda ng buhay. We all long for that feeling. Kaya nga in a way you wanna prove the naysayers wrong. You wanna find things that will support or even validate your decisions in the end. And why not? A happy ending is always worth risking right? Kaya sasabihin mo sa sarili mo talaga, OK lang, handa ako masaktan kaya ko ito. Nga lang mas madali lagi yan sabihin. Its like watching a boxing match and imagining kaya mo tumanggap ng suntok, pero iba na pag talagang tinatamaan ka na. And hindi lang yan, dyan papasok panghihinayang, pagsisisi, etc. I know at this point you wanna say you wont go down that road, but like I said its different when you are actually on that road na.

Kaya always control your passion, and calculate your risks properly. Yes feel with your heart, but do not let it reason out everything. One common phrase guys who come in this thread say is "Hindi nyo kasi naiintindihan pakiramdam". Actually naiintindihan namin kasi lahat naman tayo nakakaranas magmahal at mahalin. Ang totoo nyan, mas mahirap intindihin ang isang sitwasyon kung lagi na lang emosyon at hindi utak ang gagamitin.

Ganun pa man, andyan na yan. Coming from someone who has been through a sh!t-load of pain, I can only wish the best for you

Agree 110%!! Madaling sabihin isang bagay..mahirap gawin o tanggapin ang katotohanan. I might be in the denial stage pa rin..I might be looking for confirmation...hehe, bottomline as you mentioned iba kapag puro emosyon which I have to admit, puts mu logical and reasonable thinking at bay. Good thing we have people like yourself to punch us in the face and put lemon juice on the scratches to "wake us up" into reality.

Salamat Sir..mabuhay kayo!

Agree 110%!! Madaling sabihin isang bagay..mahirap gawin o tanggapin ang katotohanan. I might be in the denial stage pa rin..I might be looking for confirmation...hehe, bottomline as you mentioned iba kapag puro emosyon which I have to admit, puts mu logical and reasonable thinking at bay. Good thing we have people like yourself to punch us in the face and put lemon juice on the scratches to "wake us up" into reality.

Salamat Sir..mabuhay kayo!

Hehehehe

I dont wanna pour salt on anyone's injury parekoy. Dumaan din ako sa matinding sakit at depression. I would never wish for any part of that to happen even to my most hated offenders. Sure hindi ko pa napapasok ang ganitong relasyon sa babaeng galing sa ganitong kalakaran. But I know what is like to love unconditionally, give so much of everything, and sa huli maiwan kang sugatan at di mapakinabangan. Sa umpisa madali sabihin na "Sige kaya ko ang sakit!". Pero pag andyan na ang dami mong gusto pagsisihan.

Nonetheless, kahit ano pa yan, sana magtagumpay ka pa din in the end. Everyone naman deserves to find peace and happiness with the person na aalagaan ka at di iiwan. Sana lang if things dont workout, maplano mo na lang maigi ang graceful exit mo.