Falling For A Therapist - Merged Thread

she was my child hood sweetheart, i tried to court her when i was in college but i was turned down, they are still rich that time. 5 years later i approach her and ask to accept me. she confess that she is a gro in a known bar in quezon city. her family was debastated 3yrs ago, and their family bsness went bankrupt. she didnt accept me and sent me a message "i cant destroy you". in short we part ways

In case anyone's been following my story here...

She got back with her boyfriend last week. I took my window of opportunity and gave it my best shot, but I lost, got knocked out and battered. At least, that's more than what I can say for Joshua Clottey.

"It's better to get knocked out trying to win than going the distance because going the distance isn't too satisfying." -- Freddie Roach.

Edited by btdeadlock
In case anyone's been following my story here...

She got back with her boyfriend last week. I took my window of opportunity and gave it my best shot, but I lost, got knocked out and battered. At least, that's more than what I can say for Joshua Clottey.

"It's better to get knocked out trying to win than going the distance because going the distance isn't too satisfying." -- Freddie Roach.

well, what do you feel now bro???

:)

As I said, Villar may have used factors other than money such as charm, wit, humor, etc. Money is just one of the considerations a girl will look into when it comes to choosing a guy.

The most important consideration if the girl has any sense at all! Because, unlike charm, wit and humor...money is the only factor that has any pertinence to the girl's welfare! Those other factors, are readily available from friends...

Do you have a daughter sir? Let's say you she has two suitors, one is overwhelmingly charming, witty and funny, but an ordinary worker...while the other is less charming, witty and funny, but a self-sufficient businessman or professional...which one would you prefer for your daughter? Which one would you want her to have the sense to choose?

I can't imagine myself living in a communist country. The fact is the Nacionalista Party standard bearer is a billionaire.

You should try! it will give you a greater appreciation of being born into a capitalist society, where the accumulation and appropriation of capital (i.e. money) is the order.

What? How is he being a billionaire relevant? The Nacionalista Party is not a communist party!

Can you give me the source of this statement? That money is the medium used to measure a man's ability? Coz frankly I find this statement idiotic. That doesn't necessarily mean that a man couldn't make a girl fall for him since he's lacking in finances.

Why is it idiotic? Or maybe you just don't understand it?

There are a lot of sources, the most prominent I would have to say is the philosopher Ayn Rand and her philosophical system Objectivism.

For laymen references, you can read her most popular fictional novels:

1. The Fountainheand

2. Atlas Shrugged

For more academic references, i suggest reading her non-fiction works:

1. For The New Intellectual

2. The Virtue of Selfishness

To help you grasp it's relevance, a background in economics (Adam Smith, the father of capitalism), evolution (Richard Dawkins, ethologist and evolutionary biologist), and psychology (Abraham Maslow, the heirarchy of needs) would also help

...if after all that, you still think it is idiotic, then please share as to why?

P.S. if you are having problem on how my propositions are stated, here is someone else's version on my proposition:

i pretty much agree with Rearden...

i noticed that arguments erupt because a lot of ppl cant seem to be able to define "money" as a measure of one's abilities.... but instead, typically define it as "money - something that can BUY something."

your wit, humor, skills, looks, etc. hard as it may to believe... actually translate to 'money.' thats what Rearden was saying for quite a few posts now.

thanks sir Intuition for that explanation!

The most important consideration if the girl has any sense at all! Because, unlike charm, wit and humor...money is the only factor that has any pertinence to the girl's welfare! Those other factors, are readily available from friends...

Do you have a daughter sir? Let's say you she has two suitors, one is overwhelmingly charming, witty and funny, but an ordinary worker...while the other is less charming, witty and funny, but a self-sufficient businessman or professional...which one would you prefer for your daughter? Which one would you want her to have the sense to choose?

You should try! it will give you a greater appreciation of being born into a capitalist society, where the accumulation and appropriation of capital (i.e. money) is the order.

What? How is he being a billionaire relevant? The Nacionalista Party is not a communist party!

Why is it idiotic? Or maybe you just don't understand it?

There are a lot of sources, the most prominent I would have to say is the philosopher Ayn Rand and her philosophical system Objectivism.

For laymen references, you can read her most popular fictional novels:

1. The Fountainheand

2. Atlas Shrugged

For more academic references, i suggest reading her non-fiction works:

1. For The New Intellectual

2. The Virtue of Selfishness

To help you grasp it's relevance, a background in economics (Adam Smith, the father of capitalism), evolution (Richard Dawkins, ethologist and evolutionary biologist), and psychology (Abraham Maslow, the heirarchy of needs) would also help

...if after all that, you still think it is idiotic, then please share as to why?

P.S. if you are having problem on how my propositions are stated, here is someone else's version on my proposition:

thanks sir Intuition for that explanation!

rearden metal?

hmmm...

interesting..

sana may dagny taggart din akong makilala..

i'd fall for her easily...

actually, some GROs i know have that attitude.. and perspective

aliw nga eh.

rearden metal?

hmmm...

interesting..

sana may dagny taggart din akong makilala..

i'd fall for her easily...

actually, some GROs i know have that attitude.. and perspective

aliw nga eh.

yes! i was actually reading atlas shrugged at the time I registered here at MTC and used the name Rearden!

exactly, dagny taggart is my ideal woman, who is basically ayn rand, but a lot more attractive! :thumbsupsmiley:

some GRO's have that attitude, because of the fact that like Ayn Rand, they grew up in a communist society...in the sense that the family is the basic unit of communism, which extends to relatives and the community...hence the term "communism"...wherein they are trapped into the mindset that there is no private ownership, and all the money they earned must be shared with the "community" regardless of what the others contribute, if any! sad isn't it? it's the same reason that, with all the money they potentially earn, they are still unable to breakout of the cycle of poverty!

maybe you can be their john galt, and show them that their self-sacrificing attitude towards their family is complete nonsense! :D

to all the gms na tumulong sakin dati about my mpa love ngayon kami na and she quitted the mp scene for me, love namin ang isat isa sobra, everuday we go out we love each other so much ngayon i guess some really does have a happy ending, i still help her right now financially by giving her the money she needs to start a small scale business hopefully things will work out and she is alsoplanning to have a real job para samin,

I LOVE HER SO MUCH MY BOSS RIA, thanks for giving me the chance and the love she gives me now

to all please dont loose hope if u really love the girl go for it take risk and wag kayo masisiraan ng loob kasi kung mahal nyo talaga sila you will not give up and accept her for what she is

GOODLUCK GUYS AND WISH US LUCK

Hey! This is good to hear. Good luck, bro.

Para hindi naman OT. I just want to share a story shared by my current regular MPA. She said, her sister just left the MPA scene coz she is now living in with a separated married man. Bait daw nung lalaki at ang swerte ng kanyang younger sister. The sister now is taking care of the house and the kids of the man. Pinendeho kasi itong lalaki daw na ito ng asawa niya. Seaman ito at mga 2 years ago, nanlalaki yung ex-wife nito at tinira pa sa bahay ng lalaki yung kalaguyo nito. My MPA told me that love comes when you least expect it. And sana nga daw, magkaroon ng happy ending ang buhay ng kapatid niya. Sa ngayon, maayos naman daw. 36 na yata yung lalaki at 20 yung younger sister ni MPA.

Anything is possible.

Hey! This is good to hear. Good luck, bro.

Para hindi naman OT. I just want to share a story shared by my current regular MPA. She said, her sister just left the MPA scene coz she is now living in with a separated married man. Bait daw nung lalaki at ang swerte ng kanyang younger sister. The sister now is taking care of the house and the kids of the man. Pinendeho kasi itong lalaki daw na ito ng asawa niya. Seaman ito at mga 2 years ago, nanlalaki yung ex-wife nito at tinira pa sa bahay ng lalaki yung kalaguyo nito. My MPA told me that love comes when you least expect it. And sana nga daw, magkaroon ng happy ending ang buhay ng kapatid niya. Sa ngayon, maayos naman daw. 36 na yata yung lalaki at 20 yung younger sister ni MPA.

Anything is possible.

yes it is! may i share my observation on that story?

who is the bigger whore? the MPA or the seaman's ex-wife?

there should be a revolution on our conception of a "whore!"...instead of a single woman having sex for money (which basically is what all women do)...a whore should be defined as a woman who has sex with another man when she is commited to another!

hay. ako ngayon din medyo in love na ata sa isang gro. kahhit practical kang mag isip at napaka logical mong tao, pag tinamaan ka, all bets are off. asar.

problema kasi, me sumusustento sa kanya at sa parents nya na hapon. kaya sarado talaga sya sa mga nagpapakita ng interes sa kanya. hay buhay talaga.

to all the gms na tumulong sakin dati about my mpa love ngayon kami na and she quitted the mp scene for me, love namin ang isat isa sobra, everuday we go out we love each other so much ngayon i guess some really does have a happy ending, i still help her right now financially by giving her the money she needs to start a small scale business hopefully things will work out and she is alsoplanning to have a real job para samin,

I LOVE HER SO MUCH MY BOSS RIA, thanks for giving me the chance and the love she gives me now

to all please dont loose hope if u really love the girl go for it take risk and wag kayo masisiraan ng loob kasi kung mahal nyo talaga sila you will not give up and accept her for what she is

GOODLUCK GUYS AND WISH US LUCK

Good luck! Nice to hear a happy ending once in a while on this thread.

On my end. I'm on this roller coaster ride. A month ago she and her boyfriend got into a fight and broke up, so I took the opportunity to make my move. A weekends ago, she told me she got back with her boyfriend. I posted this last week.

Last Friday, I got some news from one of the regular posters on this thread. Her boyfriend dumped her because he's getting married to someone else. I spent the past weekend cleaning up the mess he made of her. She's totally devastated and her family and I are doing our best to help her move on.

It really tears me apart seeing her hurting like this.

because you love her Sir Btdeadlock... it has no boundaries... :)

in my end... i'll just take it easy and take the risk... without any expectations.

"What a Girl Need Is A Guy..Just One Guy Who Would Prove To Her That Not All Men Are The Same.."

this one is easier said but difficult to prove... especially if we are true to ourselves...

Edited by Rasc
Guest megalodon
some GRO's have that attitude, because of the fact that like Ayn Rand, they grew up in a communist society...in the sense that the family is the basic unit of communism, which extends to relatives and the community...hence the term "communism"...wherein they are trapped into the mindset that there is no private ownership, and all the money they earned must be shared with the "community" regardless of what the others contribute, if any! sad isn't it? it's the same reason that, with all the money they potentially earn, they are still unable to breakout of the cycle of poverty!

I get your point but I think this is far out. These GROs are forced into this circumstance because of poverty and not coz, as you said, all they money they earned must be shared with the community. These are totally different concepts.

Guys, have you heard of the adage, "absence makes the heart grow fonder?"

Well, I've been busy for the past two weeks and I was not able to visit my regular MPA in that span. Since January of this year, I've been visiting her every week. I think she got used to this. And she expects my texts from time to time. I did not text her, coz I did not feel obligated to do that. Wala naman relasyon di ba? haha. Knowing her style, she won't text me. Alam niya na gusto ko siya eh. Kaso sinasabi niya na ayaw niya na magka-BF ngayon.

A few days back, I went to her workplace and asked for her. One of the counter attendants saw me and asked me, "tagal niyo nawala, boss, ah." "Busy lang," I replied and quickly followed up with "Kamusta na si babes ko?" .. The attendant answered, "Hay naku, boss, kung si _____ ang tanong niyo, ayun, minsan tinanong kayo sa akin, pumupunta ba daw kayo. Sabi ko sa kanya, malay ko." I smirked and thanked him for the info.

When we were talking inside the room. She never mentioned that she asked about me from one of the counter attendants. But I could really sense that she was happy. Iba ang treatment niya lalo sa akin dun. Never asked if she missed me. Only said, na "kaka-miss ka din." She never stopped laughing hard whenever I made jokes. She never stopped looking at my eyes. She appeared that she did not care if I would come back or not, but the way I sensed it, iba siya nung time na yun. She even did not want me to pull out of her when I came. She stopped me from pulling out. And asked me to just stay there on top of her. Wow! That is the first time she ever did that. GFE? What I felt was more than GFE.

And while dressing up. She told me, "iba ka talaga." She never says those words to me before. I don't want to imply and presume but I liked the way she treated me. She was sweeter.

I shared this because I think some of the gentlemen here should try employing this move. Hayaan niyong hanapin niya ang sweetness niyo. Don't be there parati sa kanya. Don't visit her that often. And maybe, if my experience holds true, you would experience the same positive reaction from your regular MPA.. haha..

well magtatanong na rin ako, rekta ko na lang, since hindi naman masyado need ang kwento... at baka mahalata sa akin.

she told me that "hindi dahil sinabi ko na susubukan ko, aasa ka na" told me I had to mellow down, kasi ayaw daw nya ako maloko at masira sa kanya, she felt that i'm serious... and she's concerned about it, bago ko pinasok ko toh alam ko na ung mga maaring maging consequence, pag tinago ko lang yung nararamdaman ko, mahirapan lang ako lalo... alam kong hindi ako pwede mag expect ng kahit ano... ang mahalaga sa akin nasabi ko sa kanya at medyo gumaan yung pakiramdam ko... i also later found out that she told a friend of mine, to hold me back... but not totally, which in turn had a misunderstanding, kala ko ayaw ng barkada ko sa girl na toh, kaya mas lalo tuloy ako na fall sa kanya... if she told me directly ako na mismo gagawa ng paraan. its not that i'm givin up the fight, but i had to care of myself also, as what she said earlier.

I get your point but I think this is far out. These GROs are forced into this circumstance because of poverty and not coz, as you said, all they money they earned must be shared with the community. These are totally different concepts.

Which ones?

Do you mean the GROs being in poverty (as you've stated)? and the principles of "communism" (which I have expounded upon)?

Oh yes! they are totally different concepts! and both concepts contribute to their circumstances! How is that far out??? There can be more than one reason for the situation the girls are in...i just explored another!

I have already defined "communism" in the previous post...do you not agree with my definition? let me rephrase it...they are obligated to spend their money on the "family"...

...this is actually typical of a Filipino family model...which stems from an agricultural society background...which is the inspiration for "communism"

Have you read the books I proposed as references? I suggest you read Atlas Shrugged, this one best illustrates how communism leads to the breakdown of the individual, and the parallel I am trying to make with the GRO.

she told me that "hindi dahil sinabi ko na susubukan ko, aasa ka na" told me I had to mellow down, kasi ayaw daw nya ako maloko at masira sa kanya, she felt that i'm serious... and she's concerned about it, bago ko pinasok ko toh alam ko na ung mga maaring maging consequence, pag tinago ko lang yung nararamdaman ko, mahirapan lang ako lalo... alam kong hindi ako pwede mag expect ng kahit ano... ang mahalaga sa akin nasabi ko sa kanya at medyo gumaan yung pakiramdam ko... i also later found out that she told a friend of mine, to hold me back... but not totally, which in turn had a misunderstanding, kala ko ayaw ng barkada ko sa girl na toh, kaya mas lalo tuloy ako na fall sa kanya... if she told me directly ako na mismo gagawa ng paraan. its not that i'm givin up the fight, but i had to care of myself also, as what she said earlier.

Sound like a variant of the "You're a nice guy, let's just be friends" speech.

"hindi dahil sinabi ko na susubukan ko, aasa ka na"

"Susubukan ko" in Filipino culture is a roundabout way of saying "No". That additional line about "aasa ka na" confirms it.

You may have a snowball's chance in hell, but I'll tell you one thing. I have a couple of friends who initially had no chance with the girls they were in love with but ended up marrying them. I asked them what their secret was and they all said the same thing...

Persistence.

Mind you, persistence is necessary but not sufficient. I also have friends who were persistent but still ended up empty handed.

In short, it's not a matter of whether you have a chance or not. It's a question of whether you're willing to go the distance or just save all the effort for someone else who can appreciate you more.

Sheesh. I should be listening to myself.

Edited by btdeadlock

"Susubukan ko" in Filipino culture is a roundabout way of saying "No". That additional line about "aasa ka na" confirms it.

You may have a snowball's chance in hell, but I'll tell you one thing. I have a couple of friends who initially had no chance with the girls they were in love with but ended up marrying them. I asked them what their secret was and they all said the same thing...

Persistence.

Mind you, persistence is necessary but not sufficient. I also have friends who were persistent but still ended up empty handed.

In short, it's not a matter of whether you have a chance or not. It's a question of whether you're willing to go the distance or just save all the effort for someone else who can appreciate you more.

Sheesh. I should be listening to myself.

friends say if I learn to love her... then I should learn to forget her, its easier said than done, i really don't know where it did start and I can't answer when it will end... Since this is the first time i fell for someone out of my comfort zone... I've done a couple of test to myself if I'm really serious about her... turns out true. And Ive known a girl or two or even 3 if that counts also... But none of them was her and they could never be what she are to me. Well I gotta still try...

For how far sir should I go the distance? I don't know if it's coincidence but when I still had a relationship with my "angel", I met someone who interested me. I even met and had the chance to talk with my crush in highschool whom I later found out was interested with me as well. Are these signs that I shouldn't have pursued the relationship with my "angel" and just saved the effort for these people who could have appreciated me more? :unsure:

For how far sir should I go the distance? I don't know if it's coincidence but when I still had a relationship with my "angel", I met someone who interested me. I even met and had the chance to talk with my crush in highschool whom I later found out was interested with me as well. Are these signs that I shouldn't have pursued the relationship with my "angel" and just saved the effort for these people who could have appreciated me more? :unsure:

you have to weight things first... the advantages and the disadvantages, even though you need to follow your heart, you also have to your brain... also think this would be a test for you... seems like this, if you stay with your current angel, some may say your martyr... because of some short minded people that judge easily, or if you give-in with your high-school crush, there will be also time you will give in to someone else... and have to think again with the temptations... but in the end its still your decision... no matter which one you choose.

In economics, it's known as opportunity cost, what you're giving up by making the choice you made. As for the question "Are these signs that I shouldn't have pursued the relationship with my 'angel'...," all I can say is who knows where the road not taken will lead?