Authentic Vs Replicas

HunkDavao

when it comes to the 'looks'... But in terms of comfort, refinement & durability; replicas are way behind:-)

The quality of the stainless steel used alone is already a big factor for durability but I don't see any comfort in the oyster bracelets. For the jubilee, that's an entirely different story.

there are replica luxury watches right now which look almost the same as the real thing. From afar you won't be able to tell the difference. Even from a closeup, pag hindi ka familiar sa rolex, omega or patek, you won't know it's fake. Minor lang kasi difference like ung reflection ng glass etc. Durability wise, they say they also last a few years. The only downside is the watches usually lose a few minutes in a week.

sa shirts, it's very easy to tell kung fake or hindi. The quality of fake shirts here is really bad. Malambot yung collar na bumabagsak flat, pangit yung tela at pangit stitching. I haven't even seen a replica who's fabric is anywhere near the authentic UNIQLO polo shirts.

Mas ok pa rin original kung me budget.

Mas matibay, mas matibay at maganda fit especially when it comes to clothes.

If limited yung budget, pwede na rin replica pero mas ok kung marunong tumingin at simple lang yung style para di obvious at di sumisigaw yung brand tpos replica lang naman pala. Dont worry I own replicas as well.

I have been taking the rounds lately on For Sale forums (sulit,ayosdito, tipidsale...) and I was looking for some branded watches. I noticed a lot of sellers for High End Replicas.

IMHO, the reason we buy the brand is because of the 'brand' and if I am going to get a replica, I'd rather get a lower end brand but still authentic.

What's your take on this? Why is there such a high-demand for Replicas? Does it really matter if it's authentic or not?

When you are wearing a replica and disguise it as authentic, do you feel proud? Have you been caught wearing a replica (dyapeks) ? how did it feel?

I agree with you, better get an orig na lower brand pero authentic kaysa hi end na replica. ALso mapapahiya ka kung may mga taong marunong tumingin ng fake.

I agree with you, better get an orig na lower brand pero authentic kaysa hi end na replica. ALso mapapahiya ka kung may mga taong marunong tumingin ng fake.

ang akin naman pag replica ang gamit ko alam ko na kaya di na ako magugulat kung masira kaagad. ang mahirap para sakin kasi pag authentic tapos ma chamba pa na may factory defect or even "sakit" nung model. mahal na investment mo dun sa authentic tapos may extra repair costs ka pa pag out of warranty na. may mga replica din kasi na matibay. minsan may chamba pa na mas matibay yung replica sa authentic

I mean why buy a replica. It is soo "Trying Hard" stick with what you can truly afford. kasi pag suot mo ang replica and napuna ng marurunong nakakahiya talaga. I am talking from experience.

May nag regalo sa akin dati Hermes na clutch bag. ako naman si tanga akala ko tunay. hala pag punta ko sa Singapore pumasok kami sa Hermes shop ayun sinabi sa harap ko na peke ayayayay.

there are ways to detect a fake watch, sa crown design, sa imprenta ng dial , sa clasp. do not attempt to wear it sa weddings etc

I wear Calvin Klein for the comfort, not for anything else. Nobody sees it, except for... 😈😈😈. Sometimes it's marks and Spencer autograph series. The fabric and the softness of the garter used plays a vital role. You wear your underwear the whole day, why torture yourself? Same with beddings. How many hours do you use it a day?

Edited by ATONG ANG

Personally I don't go for replicas. Even if they look and feel like the real thing and fool other people, it doesnt fool the most important person - you.

Plus there's the fact that you are supporting thievery. All these fakes don't go through safety and quality checks and do not spend on r&d which makes them prone to malfunction.

And there's the issue of cheating the company's that make the genuine article.

My two cents.

I do not have anything against those who use fake or replica items though.

for me, wearing fake versions or replicas is a reflection of bad taste.

It speaks of false images, of pretentions, of lack of breeding and class.

i'd rather that you buy and wear a classic Bench shirt than wear a fake Lacoste.

if you can't afford those LV's or even the cheaper Coach bags, then just go buy something nice from SM or landmark.

it's not a crime to buy cheap, original, Filipino-made goods, so better to patronize our own, than carry all the fake designer bags that Greenhills has to offer.

no need to pretend to be someone you're not ;)

• 2 weeks later...