Authentic Vs Replicas

HunkDavao

Original kasi pag nasira yung fake, bibili ka na naman ng bago. Sayang sa pera. Atleast sa original, long lasting. Pero I'd rather buy original "timeless pieces like watches.

Shoes...depende. Kung gagamitin sa sports, buy original kasi may support yun at performance na hindi mamamatch ng fake.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been taking the rounds lately on For Sale forums (sulit,ayosdito, tipidsale...) and I was looking for some branded watches. I noticed a lot of sellers for High End Replicas.

IMHO, the reason we buy the brand is because of the 'brand' and if I am going to get a replica, I'd rather get a lower end brand but still authentic.

What's your take on this? Why is there such a high-demand for Replicas? Does it really matter if it's authentic or not?

When you are wearing a replica and disguise it as authentic, do you feel proud? Have you been caught wearing a replica (dyapeks) ? how did it feel?

going back to the thread starter's questions:

from my experience, i'd rather go for the authentic items instead of replicas.

classic example: my older sister used to scold me for buying "branded" shoes saying that i should not have gone for them since i was still a student. she most royally got pissed off when i bought a pair of rusty lopez then but most especially when i bought my first adidas. funny thing, after a two years, i was giving my sister the best reasons. told her that she kept buying those cheaper items and since then has spent more than what i paid for for my shoes. :)

why is it popular: some people try to do this image management thing. some may say para "hindi mukhang kawawa" or something to that effect. or simply just to be with the "in" crowd. for some, they're not brand conscious, just budget conscious. they'd go for the replicas without really minding the brand. it's like they don't care as long as it looks good and it fits (shoes, clothes). admittedly, even some no-name brands are more expensive than the things that you can find in the tiangge or bazaar.

does it really matter: to those who have a little extra to spare, having something authentic is much better than buying a fake because we have to admit the authentic stuff last longer and are more durable. let's say with shoes, instead of buying new balance or other known brands, they'll go for World Balance. instead of buying TWS, they'll go for TIMEX or something more affordable; instead of G Shocks, they'll go for the Illuminator series also from Casio, etc. personally, i'd rather go for a few pieces of timeless (classic cuts for clothes) that are either branded or generic than go for fakes. shoes, there's always parisian, bags - my sister who learned her lesson now gives me originals, etc.

as for the last questions: wearing a replica, does it make you proud? ever been caught wearing one? how did it feel?

thankfully, i haven't worn anything that's not original since i was a kid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

When I was younger I didnt realize I bought a chinaphone 6300, in which I thought I had good deal. Malay ko ba, eh bata pa ako nuon.

I sat sa fx and brought out my phone kasi me nagtext, and yung katabi ko lifted his original nokia 6300. Hala, halos gusto kong maiyak not because napahiya or inggit, its just that I feel low.

Ewan ko, but thats just me.

From then on, I never buy replicas.

Either I get the cheaper local brands or would save to buy things I want.

Or just simple, makuntento kung anong meron.

I always wait for ANYTHING ON SALE. Thats the time I can stash some good branded items that is at least saved me a bit.

If someone would say that there is no difference between original and replica --- well, I should always feel meron pa ren.

No. Ill just be happy with my little items, at least authentic than cramped my closet with fakes. Less clutter pa. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...