San Antonio Spurs

Labuyo

San Antonio Spurs is already a best team he played for 7 seasons where he won a championship and finals MVP and DPOY award. But still he requested for a trade that Spurs management granted.

Hindi pa ba best team ang SA thats been in the playoffs for the 22 season since the arrival of Tim Duncan in 1997 tapos may limang championship title? Napatunayan naman niya na kaya niyang magdala ng team dahil napagchampion naman niya ang Toronto Raptors with the disadvantage of GSW because of their injured players na naging bentahe nila. Sa opinion ko lang, naramdaman niya kasi na lumalakas na ibang teams ngayon lalo na sa West kaya ramdam niya na mahihirapan na ang Raptors next season to defend the title. Thats why he decided to leave the Raptors even he has the option to stay and recruited Paul George to join forces at LA Clippers and LA Lakers was never his choice kasi pinalabas lang niya lang na ganun. Was Toronto Raptors still not a best team for him?

attachicon.gif44084419-BD3A-4488-932E-4165974A8463.jpeg

The Spurs trade he requested has nothing to do with being the best team in the NBA. It was about trust. Spurs management accused Leonard of not wanting to play despite being cleared by Doctors. This obviously hurt Leonard who felt that his injury was misdiagnosed.

With regards to leaving the Raptors, this is more complicated. First of all he already wanted to play in LA his hometown but which LA team? He really wanted the Clippers but without a second star he was reluctant especially with arms race going on in the western conference. His plan A, was obviously to go to Clippers with a second star but if the Clippers failed to get a second star, I think he would have stayed with the Raptors or choose Lakers. It just so happens that Jerry West was able to work his magic and snag Paul George. Take note that Paul George was not the first choice. He wanted KD or Beal ahead of Paul George.

Spurs will make the playoffs. In DeMar We Trust.

Dejounte Murray IMHO is more promising than Demar.

Another season people will be sleeping on the Spurs as they try to sneak in for a playoff spot. If they get bounced again in the 1st/2nd round in playoffs, then so what? The Western conference is already strong that got stronger.

Excited for the return of Dejounte Murray and see if him and Derrick White can gel on the court together. If together they can become average to good 3-pt. shooters, then the Spurs could start Rudy Gay at the 4. Otherwise, White and Gay would be on and off the starting lineup throughout the season.

We'll see if Carroll and Lyles can step up as a stretch 4 to keep opposing defenses honest with the 3-pt. shooting (something Coach Pop is not the biggest fan of). Even if Markieff was there, I don't think it would have been a dramatic upgrade over those 2.

3-pt. shooting musketeers (Forbes, Mills, and Belinelli) coming off the bench is not too shabby neither.

I feel good in Spur's chances for another playoff appearance. Although they didn't make any splashy signings (sayang si Morris tho), they have the institutional knowledge. No feel-out period unlike a lot of the other teams.

They lost Ettore and Udoka from the bench, but added Duncan and Hardy. Let's hope that produces for them.

I agree on an earlier statement that DeMar needs to shoot the three better. Popovich hates the three, but that's the nature of the game now. Bertans will be missed, but hopefully Samanic develops down the road.

Their sort of neither here nor there for now. competitive, but not championship contenders. Hope to be wrong tho.

I feel good in Spur's chances for another playoff appearance. Although they didn't make any splashy signings (sayang si Morris tho), they have the institutional knowledge. No feel-out period unlike a lot of the other teams.

They lost Ettore and Udoka from the bench, but added Duncan and Hardy. Let's hope that produces for them.

I agree on an earlier statement that DeMar needs to shoot the three better. Popovich hates the three, but that's the nature of the game now. Bertans will be missed, but hopefully Samanic develops down the road.

Their sort of neither here nor there for now. competitive, but not championship contenders. Hope to be wrong tho.

DeMar will shoot 50% from 3 this coming season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Spurs are still struggling as of now, but the playoff window is still open for them, if they win at least 23 of their 28 remaining games.

They need to force their opponents to play at slower tempos during the stretch run. Less possessions will mean more chances for the Spurs to win games.

Spurs buyout DeMarre Carroll and reabsorbed by the Rockets. To get him, we had to lose Davis Bertrans who is now shooting lights out for Washington. This is one of those rare blunders of the Spurs organization. Carroll was a perfect 3-and-D role player for the Hawks breakout year under Coach Bud. Atlanta was known then as Spurs East and reached the Eastern Conference Finals without a superstar player. Of course, we all know that their season ended after Matthew Dellavedova twisted the leg of Kyle Korver.

I don't think it is chemistry since Carroll played with some of the Spurs players when they were not yet Spurs. I just hope the Spurs get a high draft pick in a very shallow draft pool next year

• 4 months later...

Spurs need to win against the Kings, the Pelicans and twice against the Jazz to secure a play in duel with twice to beat Memphis Grizzlies. Only Portland voted against the resumption of the NBA because of the sentiments of Dames. It looks like Lillard has changed his mind and welcomes Nurkic back to the roster. The Spurs without Aldridge and Derozan in Disneyland will be one of the first to be eliminated. They need to be within 4 games behind the 8th seed for the right to a play in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Spurs are 3 wins and 2 losses in the NBA resumption. Two losses were winnable. Loss to Nuggets was disappointing as Jamal Murray and Will Barton were still in the injured list (Yup I know LaMarcus and Trey were out too).

Most deflating was the loss to the Sixers. Mistakes and foul trouble gave the lackadaisical Sixers domination in the paint. Free throw missed by D. White was a heartbreaker in that game. Big game by Derozan and Gay was wasted. the Shake Milton 3 still gives me a headache when I wake up.

Next game tomorrow against the rejuvenated New Orleans Pelicans will be a must win for the Spurs. They got some help from the Clippers (with Kawhi injured) winning over Dame's Blazers who missed two big free-throws in the end game.

If the Spurs get to the 9th spot, they get to do a play-in with either the Grizzlies or the Blazers. If they do get in the playoffs as the 8th seed, Spurs lose the 11th pick in the 2021 draft as the standings (for draft purposes) were frozen last March.

• Like (+1) 1