LA Lakers

The thing is Magic is a respected basketball and Laker legend and he would Leonard would vilify himself more with Lakers fans with a narrative like that. I don't think Kawhi would manufacture a story like that. I don't think Kawhi really wanted to play for the Lakers. The meeting with Magic was a chance to convince Kawhi to play for the Lakers but my take is Kawhi already decided on the Clippers long before he met with Magic. He was 95% decided in going to the Clippers but he still gave Magic a chance to recruit him. The Lakers had a 5% chance but Magic's big mouth may have sealed the deal.

Nobody in the Laker community believes the Bullsh*t statement that Magic was the reason Kawhi didn't sign. You said earlier Kawhi had already decided to sign with Clippers so how can Magic Johnson be the factor? My question is very simple, if Magic shut his mouth and was discreet throughout the process, Clippers was able to sign PG, will Leonard sign with the Lakers or the Clippers?

Nobody in the Laker community believes the Bullsh*t statement that Magic was the reason Kawhi didn't sign. You said earlier Kawhi had already decided to sign with Clippers so how can Magic Johnson be the factor? My question is very simple, if Magic shut his mouth and was discreet throughout the process, Clippers was able to sign PG, will Leonard sign with the Lakers or the Clippers?

I am not saying anybody in the Laker community believes the Kawhi narrative. All I am saying is that what Kawhi said is plausible. Like I said, Kawhi did not want to play with a diva like James in my opinion. I also opined that Kawhi was 95% decided in going to the Clippers but still gave Magic a chance to recruit him. The Lakers had a 5% chance but Magic's big mouth may have sealed the deal. Again, my point is that Kawhi's narrative is plausible and I don't expect the Laker community to believe it.

This might be bold but with Klay injured and with a semi-rebuilding in the works for GSW, LAL has a very big chance of winning it all...

I don't understand this love affair between Jason Kidd and Laker management. He was a mediocre coach during his Bucks stint. I don't understand why they are forcing Frank Vogel to take him as his assistant. It was also rumored that Ty Lue rejected Lakers' offer because of this arrangement.

I don't understand this love affair between Jason Kidd and Laker management. He was a mediocre coach during his Bucks stint. I don't understand why they are forcing Frank Vogel to take him as his assistant. It was also rumored that Ty Lue rejected Lakers' offer because of this arrangement.

I agree. Normally, a head coach would handpick his assistants. This is already a dysfunction.

we can never tell... but for me, one thing is sure, Kidd is far more a better coach than Ty Lie ;P Yes Lu won a championship but we all know it was because of the talent that the Cavs had that time (and probably the Mafia hahahaha)... anyway, this is what I have in Kidds coaching credentials c/o Wikipedia...

On June 12, 2013, Kidd was named head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, replacing interim coach P. J. Carlesimo.[46] He is the third person since the ABA–NBA merger to debut as an NBA head coach the season after he retired as a player.[a][47] In September 2013, Kidd bought a minority ownership stake in the team (from Jay-Z).[48]

On October 17, 2013, the Nets retired and raised his number 5 jersey to the rafters before a preseason game against the Miami Heat.[49]

Kidd was suspended for the first two games of the season after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor DWI charge stemming from an incident in July 2012.[50] Joe Prunty served as acting head coach for the team's season opener in Cleveland and their home opener against Miami.[51] He made his debut as head coach on November 3 in a loss to the Orlando Magic. On November 5, Kidd had his first victory as head coach in a 104–88 win over the Utah Jazz. On November 28, Kidd was fined $50,000 by the NBA for instructing his player Tyshawn Taylor to bump into him and intentionally spilling a cup of soda on the court in order to stop the game so his team could draw up a last-second offensive play against the Lakers.[52]

After a loss to the Chicago Bulls on Christmas Day, the Nets dropped to a disappointing 9–19 record. Many critics started to question Kidd's ability to manage a group of veterans that included Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson and there even appeared rumours that Kidd might be on his way out before the end of the season.[53] However, the Nets were able to turn things around at the beginning of 2014 and finished the season with a 44–38 record, while Kidd began to get recognition for his coaching skills.

On February 3, 2014, Kidd was named the Eastern Conference Coach of the Month for January.[54] On April 1, 2014, he was named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month a second time for March.[55] He became the fourth coach overall to win both Player of the Month and Coach of the Month honors. He also became the second coach, after Jeff Hornacek of the Phoenix Suns, to win both honors with the same team.[56]

In the first round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs, the Brooklyn Nets eliminated the Toronto Raptors in a 7-game series. Kidd is the 19th rookie head coach in the league's history to coach his team in a decisive Game 7 on the road, and became the first one to win it.[57] In the semifinals, the Nets faced the Miami Heat and lost the series 4–1.

220px-Matthew_Dellavedova%2C_Jason_Kidd_
Kidd giving instructions to Matthew Dellavedova during his tenure as Bucks coach

On July 1, 2014, the Milwaukee Bucks secured Kidd's coaching rights from the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for two second-round draft picks in 2015 and 2019.[58] The move did not come without controversy, as it was reported that Kidd had been seeking more management power over the Nets' general manager Billy King and after being denied began talks with the Bucks even though they still had a coach under contract in Larry Drew.[59] He later stated that he felt the Nets truly did not want him nor were they committed to building a contender.[60] In his return to Brooklyn on November 19, 2014, he was greeted with heavy boos and jeers.[61]

The Bucks were one of the biggest surprises of the 2014–15 season. Under Kidd's guidance the young team improved from franchise-worst 15 wins in the previous season, finishing with a 41–41 record to advance to the playoffs as the 6th seed in the Eastern Conference. Milwaukee achieved that feat despite losing their 2nd draft pick overall Jabari Parker in December to a knee injury and trading star guard Brandon Knight to the Phoenix Suns in February. Kidd is the first coach in NBA history to lead two franchises to the playoffs in his first two years as a head coach.[62] Kidd finished third in voting for the Coach of the Year Award behind Mike Budenholzer and Steve Kerr.[63]

The 2015–16 season was less successful for Kidd, as the Bucks finished with a 33–49 record and did not qualify to the playoffs. On December 20, 2015 it was reported that Kidd would be out indefinitely as he would undergo hip surgery on December 21. While Kidd was recovering, his assistant Joe Prunty was acting as an interim coach.[64] On a positive note, Kidd moved rising 21-year old Giannis Antetokounmpo into a point guard position, which helped the young player to record five triple doubles in the season and make progress in most statistical categories. Despite the disappointing season, the Bucks owners issued Kidd a vote of confidence and mentioned a possible prolongation of his contract expiring after the next season.[65]

The following season Kidd led the Bucks to a winning record as they qualified to the playoffs for the second time in three years. Kidd had his projected starting unit available for just several minutes during the season. On February 9, the same day the shooting guard Khris Middleton was making his season debut after recovering from a hamstring injury, the power forward Jabari Parker went down with an ACL injury.[66] Despite the setback, Kidd had the Bucks finishing the season strong with a 42–40 record. In the first round of the playoffs against the Toronto Raptors, the Bucks took a 2–1 lead after game 3, but went on to lose the series in six games. On January 22, 2018, the Bucks fired Kidd after the team posted a 23–22 record midway through the 2017–18 season.[67]

we can never tell... but for me, one thing is sure, Kidd is far more a better coach than Ty Lie ;P Yes Lu won a championship but we all know it was because of the talent that the Cavs had that time (and probably the Mafia hahahaha)... anyway, this is what I have in Kidds coaching credentials c/o Wikipedia...

Ty Lue gets disrespected way too much for coaching Lebron James. He never gets the credit when they win but gets most the blame if Cavs lose. I fail to see where Jason Kidd is superior to Ty Lue. Kidd has never won a championship or at least reach the finals with a mediocre 183-190 coaching career record. To add insult to injury, when Bucks fired Kidd they became better. :lol:

Yes, why didn't they make him head coach? Jeannie Buss is not her father's daughter in terms of managing a team.

I prefer Vogel over Kidd. Vogel is a good defensive-minded coach turning the Pacers into one of the best defensive team in the league a couple of years ago. Among the coaches interviewed, IMHO he's the best fit for the Lakers. I even prefer him over Ty Lue.

Ty Lue gets disrespected way too much for coaching Lebron James. He never gets the credit when they win but gets most the blame if Cavs lose. I fail to see where Jason Kidd is superior to Ty Lue. Kidd has never won a championship or at least reach the finals with a mediocre 183-190 coaching career record. To add insult to injury, when Bucks fired Kidd they became better. :lol:

Lue admitted that all he did during the Cavs championship run that he just implemented what David Blatt wanted to happen. That Bron didn't do to make Blatt look bad and that got Blatt fired.

Which is...run the ball more.

I prefer Vogel over Kidd. Vogel is a good defensive-minded coach turning the Pacers into one of the best defensive team in the league a couple of years ago. Among the coaches interviewed, IMHO he's the best fit for the Lakers. I even prefer him over Ty Lue.

Frank's an old school coach that's big man centered.

His style has passed him by.

That's why he couldn't duplicate what he has with Hibbert from the "NEW" stretch bigs in Orlando.

He'd be perfect though for AD.

But they won't go far with his style in the play offs

Kapal naman ni Lebron! Jerry West is a million percent more deserving than him for a spot on the Lakers' Mt. Rushmore

Well, I won't argue with you here. The four other guys won multiple championships with the Lakers. In his lone season with the Lakers, he didn't even qualify for the playoffs.

Frank's an old school coach that's big man centered.

His style has passed him by.

That's why he couldn't duplicate what he has with Hibbert from the "NEW" stretch bigs in Orlando.

"That's why he couldn't duplicate what he has with Hibbert from the "NEW" stretch bigs in Orlando."

Well first of all Orlando is in rebuild and tanking mode when he got there. No f*cking way he can duplicate his success with that kind of roster and management mentality. I want to remind you when Vogel took over coaching job in Indiana, the Pacers was a below average team. While I agree that Hibbert was the main rim protector, the Pacers was also good in perimeter defense and clogging passing lanes. Good defense is always about having a good overall system. The glaring weakness was their offense which can be attributed to losing Danny Granger to injuries. Roy Hibbert also had his weird psychological breakdowns where he had ridiculous 0 points 0 rebounds games. Despite of this, they were able to make deep playoff runs.

He'd be perfect for AD but you're scratching off the Lakers in the playoffs this early? I think your statement is premature.

AD is a different animal. He can protect the rim at the same time guard small quicker players at the perimeter which is essential nowadays.

Edited by red60

Will Robie anong masasabi mo dito? Cough cough Larry Bird ...

Tinawanan ko lang yung post na yan. I didn't even care to comment but since you asked me, Larry never had to go to another team to win a championship. That's only one factor. I can go on and on and on and I am pretty sure I will come out on top in this Larry vs. Lechoke argument. Any takers? :lol:

Edited by will robie

Tinawanan ko lang yung post na yan. I didn't even care to comment but since you asked me, Larry never had to go to another team to win a championship. That's only one factor. I can go on and on and on and I am pretty sure I will come out on top in this Larry vs. Lechoke argument. Any takers? :lol:

There's always a grey area when it comes to the question who is the GOAT. Michael Jordan said it best. He feels that it is a disrespect to the other great players to claim the GOAT title since he had not played in the 60s and 70s. I think this applies to Bird and James. We can't really say who is better since we never saw them play together.