LA Lakers

Sa format na 2-2-1-1-1, parehong advantage dahil parehong sa Staples Center ang laro kung sa first round sila maghaharap. Magkakaroon lang ng advantage at disadvantages kapag sa conference semifinals o kaya sa conference finals sila maghaharap. Let's say they faced different opponents in round 1 or round 2 at isa sa kanila ang umabot ng game 7 at isa sa kanila ang nakatapos ng series in 4 or 6 games, mas may advantage yung maagang nakatapos ng series kasi makakapagpahinga pa while waiting for the other to finish the other series. Pagod naman yung isang LA team kung umabot ng 7 games ang series nila lalo na kung taga Southwest Division makakalaban nila specially Houston, San Antonio or Dallas dahil napakalayo ng Texas sa California compare to Northwest Division teams. Fatigue factor ang gagana diyan.

Thanks for the detailed analysis.

However, LAC got a guy who was the main man and franchise player of the current champions and added an MVP candidate last year. Moreover, they have a coach who is a championship coach. The supporting cast and bench are not exactly scrubs. Patrick Beverley was an All-Defensive First Team in 2017 while the high-energy Harrel who averaged 16.6 ppg and 6.5 rpg. Need I mention Lou Williams?

Cooper forgot to mention that the Lakers haven't qualified for the playoffs the past six years while the Clippers qualified for the playoffs in seven of the last eight years. I know Michael Cooper is passionate about his team but he has to get real.

Edited by will robie

The Clips should get their own home court to establish their own identity. It's obvious the Lakers own Staples Center.

Even though the Clips were the better team for the past 6-7 seasons, crowd support was still for the Lakers.

Whenever the Clips play a "home game" against the Lakers, parang 60/40 yung crowd still in favor of the Lakers.

The Clips should get their own home court to establish their own identity. It's obvious the Lakers own Staples Center.

Even though the Clips were the better team for the past 6-7 seasons, crowd support was still for the Lakers.

Whenever the Clips play a "home game" against the Lakers, parang 60/40 yung crowd still in favor of the Lakers.

Regarding the 60-40 crowd for the Lakers, it is pure conjecture. "Parang" which means you're not really sure.

However, LAC got a guy who was the main man and franchise player of the current champions and added an MVP candidate last year. Moreover, they have a coach who is a championship coach. The supporting cast and bench are not exactly scrubs. Patrick Beverley was an All-Defensive First Team in 2017 while the high-energy Harrel who averaged 16.6 ppg and 6.5 rpg. Need I mention Lou Williams?

Cooper forgot to mention that the Lakers haven't qualified for the playoffs the past six years while the Clippers qualified for the playoffs in seven of the last eight years. I know Michael Cooper is passionate about his team but he has to get real.

Yes, lou williams and beverley are great supporting cast. Parang meron din palag ang new acquired Green/Bradley ng Lakers. Last year champ sidekick ni Kawhi at sidekick ni IT sa great run ng boston (forgot what year).

Edited by Shaitan

Yes, lou williams and beverley are great supporting cast. Parang meron din palag ang new acquired Green/Bradley ng Lakers. Last year champ sidekick ni Kawhi at sidekick ni IT sa great run ng boston (forgot what year).

The Lakers made good acquisitions in Bradley and Green. Both are 3 and D players who can spread the floor and lock down on defense. It is up to Vogel how he will use both. Brad Stevens maximized Bradley's talent by making Bradley a cutter and a spot up three-point shooter.

I think the best way to decide this is to see these teams face each other in a series... :) Edited by *kalel*

Clippers are working on a deal to start a new stadium in Inglewood. There's some legal hindrance most likely matatagalan pa.

Haha tawagan mo nalang ako red. First line nakita ko totoo or di mo

Lam sagot hehe may google kung gusto ko sagutin mga post mo. Sorry bro di ko talaga binasa. Nagsabi lang ako totoo. :)

Why do I need to call you? you do your own research so you can properly articulate. :lol: Google will not help you answer my posts because my comments earlier are already based from facts but it will surely save you from making bonehead comments.

Edited by red60

Yet despite all that, the Clippers are still just the other team in LA. They can keep their selfies, they are not nearly enough to cover 16 championship banners.

They actually literally covered the 16 championship banners. :lol: It was a big controversy back in 2013. People say it was disrespectful when Doc Rivers wanted the banners covered but I think Magic Johnson was ok with it. He understood that the Clippers needed an identity.

Edited by red60

Why do I need to call you? you do your own research so you can properly articulate. :lol: Google will not help you answer my posts because my comments earlier are already based from facts but it will surely save you from making bonehead comments.

Ok lolz Edited by Shaitan

Kawhi got heckled during the Pacquiao - Thurman fight. I can't blame the Lakers fans. There were rumors circulating that Kawhi told the Lakers to wait after he had already signed with the Clippers. Raptors also feeling salty when Kawhi asked for the moon and stars. It will be an interesting year in Staples Center :lol:

Kawhi got heckled during the Pacquiao - Thurman fight. I can't blame the Lakers fans. There were rumors circulating that Kawhi told the Lakers to wait after he had already signed with the Clippers. Raptors also feeling salty when Kawhi asked for the moon and stars. It will be an interesting year in Staples Center :lol:

The Raptors should be thankful that their one-year rental led them to their first championship. It may take another decade or two before they become contenders again. I don’t think Kawhi wanted to play with a diva like James.

The Raptors should be thankful that their one-year rental led them to their first championship. It may take another decade or two before they become contenders again. I don’t think Kawhi wanted to play with a diva like James.

Raptors and their fan base are more than thankful for Kawhi's service. Issue here is how Kawhi and his agent handled his free agency. If the rumors are true that Kawhi already signed the contract and still told the Lakers to stall the impending trades and FA signing then we can say he tried to sabotage the Lakers.

"I don’t think Kawhi wanted to play with a diva like James."

A diva won't play with another diva. :rolleyes:

Raptors and their fan base are more than thankful for Kawhi's service. Issue here is how Kawhi and his agent handled his free agency. If the rumors are true that Kawhi already signed the contract and still told the Lakers to stall the impending trades and FA signing then we can say he tried to sabotage the Lakers.

A diva won't play with another diva.

I read in an article that the reason why Kawhi did not like to play for the Lakers was because Magic Johnson had a big mouth.

I read in an article that the reason why Kawhi did not like to play for the Lakers was because Magic Johnson had a big mouth.

This is the convenient narrative released by Kawhi's camp to media. Making Magic Johnson the scapegoat to ease the anger of Lakers fans. If the let's say Magic kept his mouth shut, Clippers was able to snag PG, do you think Kawhi will sign with the Lakers? Of course not. The X-factor here is getting the 2nd option not Magic's mouth. Why would Kawhi want to join a super team and be the 2nd or 3rd option if he can be the protagonist in a champion caliber team? Take note that Kawhi actively recruited KD, Beal, and PG which means he really intended to form a strong duo in Clippers. Now, If he failed in his recruitment effort he has the Raptors or Lakers as fall back. Magic was a terrible President but this angle that he was the reason why Lakers didn't get Kawhi is bullsh*t.

^^ Agree. That article sounds Chris Broussard-ish to me ;)

IMO, when the Raps won the 'chip, that pushed the Lakers as 3rd option. Kawhi and/or his handlers knew they now have the power to decide to either form a power duo in LAC or return to the Raps.

This is the convenient narrative released by Kawhi's camp to media. Making Magic Johnson the scapegoat to ease the anger of Lakers fans. If the let's say Magic kept his mouth shut, Clippers was able to snag PG, do you think Kawhi will sign with the Lakers? Of course not. The X-factor here is getting the 2nd option not Magic's mouth. Why would Kawhi want to join a super team and be the 2nd or 3rd option if he can be the protagonist in a champion caliber team? Take note that Kawhi actively recruited KD, Beal, and PG which means he really intended to form a strong duo in Clippers. Now, If he failed in his recruitment effort he has the Raptors or Lakers as fall back. Magic was a terrible President but this angle that he was the reason why Lakers didn't get Kawhi is bullsh*t.

The thing is Magic is a respected basketball and Laker legend and he would Leonard would vilify himself more with Lakers fans with a narrative like that. I don't think Kawhi would manufacture a story like that. I don't think Kawhi really wanted to play for the Lakers. The meeting with Magic was a chance to convince Kawhi to play for the Lakers but my take is Kawhi already decided on the Clippers long before he met with Magic. He was 95% decided in going to the Clippers but he still gave Magic a chance to recruit him. The Lakers had a 5% chance but Magic's big mouth may have sealed the deal.

Edited by will robie